******March 2016 Mummies******

Yep. That's the test I had. I feel all funny and queasy. Seeing if having food and a lie down will help. Xx

I had it done yesterday and didn't expect it to make me feel sick an hour after drinking it. I got home had a proper drink and a sit down then made some cheese and ham filled potato skins then felt okay.

Nurse struggled with getting bloods too. Ended up with it being done from my hands.

My midwife has just advised I take time off work because sounded terrible. I literally have no voice. I struggled to speak to her on the phone. So will do what she's advised and then work cant really say anything then xxx

Hi Sarah , congratulations and welcome! ..

Jolly good thing I've got to look forward to then , the day before Xmas eve ,, xx

So my midwife advised ne to take more time off work, which means ill have to get a doctors note. I have an appt tomorrow to get one. How likely is it ill get one on midwives advice? I work in a care setting. Xx

I got one by just asking for one . I'm sure you will be fine xx

New stress level added! I have gestational diabetes. I just want to cry. Xx

I think you need to be signed off twinkle!! :(

does everyone get the test or is it just if something flags up? Xx

You only get the test if you have a high risk of having it - usually if you have had it before, have a high bmi, family history of diabetes, if you are black Caribbean or from SE Asia etc

If you haven't been referred for one, you probably won't need one.

Mel I got referred because I have PCOS and it puts you at a greater risk of developing Gestational Diabetes xx

Been signed off work for 2 weeks. Yay!! I can now relax and not worry and enjoy my Xmas.

Going to take a while to get used to GD, my reading was 9.5 after having a yoghurt drink, half a banana and ham sandwich. I think I know where I went wrong though xxx

twinkle90 - I've not had my results yet, Still waiting... I'm sorry to hear about your result... But I'm glad you managed to get time off.

I didn't see about your GD twinkle ! ... You are going through the mill xx

I've got to have the GD test soon but at the moment I'm just trying to get a midwife appointment. Having just moved I'm in the process of registering at GP and they need to refer me to new hospital so I suspect everything will get held up :( x

My diabetes result came back today... Apparently I'm a normal range was 4.2 when fasting and 5.9 after 2 hours on the horrible drink. I thought 5.9 was a bit high to be honest but obviously not.

No idea what my range was. But testing daily mines between 5.0 and 7.0 xx

Wow, they don't give you a result at my hospital! They just say that if there's a problem they'll ring you the next day and if you hear nothing then everything is fine! Dh said it's a silly system because you never know if you're okay or if they've messed up and you've been forgotten about or something. I wasn't worried until he said that :/

I was also told that if there is a problem they would phone me the next day and if not they will write to me... And this what I got in my letter.

Also is anyone else struggling to name their baby? We're having a boy in March and can't pick any names at all, can't find anything I can say I like... Had a girls name already picked out :wall2:

Also is anyone else struggling to name their baby? We're having a boy in March and can't pick any names at all, can't find anything I can say I like... Had a girls name already picked out :wall2:

word for word the same for us!!! So frustrating ugh.

how use everyone? I might be alone in here now as I'm not quite tri 3 yet, I'm still 26 weeks.

been up to much? I was painting living room yesterday but moved loads of furniture on my own, don't know what I've done but I keep ceasing up with a sore back/ leg making it hard to even walk. I might need to walk more this morning to try and stretch out. Also does anyone else avoid paint fumes? It seemed really low odour until we cracked our the gloss and now its taken over the whole house, hope it won't affect baby :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back