Losing weight whilst ttc...

cherelle

Reaction score
Ive decided that if this isnt my month (im due to test on Sunday) then im going to try not to stress about ttc as much and going to concentrate on losing a bit of weight instead.

I have gone from a size 8-10 to a big 12 in the last few months and i want to get back to normal!

Is there any diets that i should avoid while ttc? xx

as long as you are eating everything you need you will be fine. 5 a day, protein and carbs all in moderation are fine, just go on a "healthy diet" rather than a lose weight diet and at least your healthy rather than purposely avoiding things you need to concieve and look after a baby. good luck and hope this helped!! xx

Ooh interesting thread, thanks Cherelle! :)

I would like to lose half a stone of holiday weight I've gained over the summer but wish to avoid the normal crash diets I normally rely on!

I wonder if anyone has any succesful diet plans? :)

yeah me too cliqmo - i would usually crash diet and lose it quickly but im thinking thats not a good idea this time around! x

I'm the same but been putting weight on since TTC, in the 2WW I feel like if I'm hungry I should eat in case I am pregnant. Now I'm a size 14 instead of a small 12!!

yeah the last few months ive not been depricving myself of anything thinking hopefully ill be pg soon and i wont be worrying about it but i dont want to end up still ttc in a years time god knows how many dress sizes bigger!! x

It quite good to discuss this guys. I was a size 16 when I got pregnant with my son and I piled on the weight when pregnant! Its taken me 4 years to realise that if I was TTC I'd better lose weight first so I got on the scales and was 15st 3lbs!! YUK so I have been tring really hard to get myself fitter and healthier for TTC and now 12st 12lbs so its such a positive thing to try and keep healthy when TTC. I know we all obcess about TTC but we have to remember to try and stay healthy too so yes, please give it a go to feel happier about yourself first while waiting on the BFP - I know a really good excercise for losing the weight but OH requiried - and often LOL

i am losing weight whilst ttc.

im on slimming world and i love it, and it is one of the only "diets" that you are allowed to do when pregnant, as it is a healthy eating plan and not a diet.

i have lost 12.5lb in 12 weeks, so im takin the scenic route but im losing weight which counts! it is said 1lb a week is healthiest so im on target there!

i did slimming world in 2008 and lost 2st 6lb in 5 months. weight fell off me then!

have a look on their website xx

Just wanted to second larlybelle. I joined slimming world last year and lost 2 and a half stone in 4/5 months. It is fab. However, I do need to go back as have put on 12lb this year. lol. I am the same in 2ww think fook it and go for it. Crazy times!

go back lauraanne! felt a bit daft goin back but im glad i did. i probably would've put the weight i have lost on by now if i hadn't've done anything about it!

definately! there is so much you can eat!

on their "extra easy" plan, you can eat unlimited (yes unlimited with no weighing) fruit, veg, meat, fish, rice, pasta, potatoes, eggs, tofu/quorn.

good for people like me who like to eat and eat lots!

i think everyone who wants to lose weight should do slimming world.

i did weightwatchers for a couple of weeks, lost 4lb but fainted about 5 times as i was so hungry. SW encourage you to eat lots, and if you aren't full after your dinner go eat some more! there is no going hungry with SW!

Can you tell i love it???? :rofl:

Thank you for the info Larlybelle!

I worry that I would end up constantly thinking about/eating food all day every day though, then if I have a "bad day" I will eat STACKS of the wrong stuff, lol.

Do you find that, or not so much?? :)

Last edited:
not really, because there is so much you are allowed!

if you have an "off" day, have what you want but just get back on plan afterwards. if you fancy a choccie biccie, have one. by completely stoppin yourself having your treats, you are setting urself up for failure. you just have to find the SW "syn" value for whatever it is you eat and keep a note of it. you are allowed between 5-15 syns a day. a twister ice lolly (were my fav's for a bit!) is 4 syns.a curly wurly for the choccie craving is 5 syns and lasts ages because of the caramel!

you can still have what you want, just in moderation and if you fill yourself up on the free food, you will find you dont fancy the other bits as much

xx

I have just gone back lol but put in 2 weeks holiday already - bad!! but i agree it is the best diet. my brother and his gf joined after i lost weight and have both lost 2/3 st. Even if its a pound a week, you're so laughing as it all adds up. It's really good and easy to follow. you just have to actually follow it ;-) I was a 16 and got down to a 10. couldnt quite believe it. I'm a 12 verging on uncomfy 12 at the mo. Def need to sort it out!

ur welcome! just enjoy it and you will lose weight easily!

Another good reason for losing weight whilst ttc is when you do get your :bfp: bump should show a bit sooner! lol!

I'm one for crash diets too and that's what i'm doing at the moment, kind of.

I've got fat to spare for foetus and taking suppliments so that's going to be fine, no worse off than it being squished by my spare tire :D

If i'm at home, i'm on a strict low calorie diet.

If i'm out, i'm on a sensible but tastey eating plan.

I'm just creeping back into a 14, and insist i will be a comfortable "big" 12 :p

All stops with BFP :) I'm not waiting around incase it never happens.

Oh well here goes, ive started Slimming World today!

I will see what happens and let you know.

Baby Dust to all xxx

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back