***June Mummies 2016 Tri 2***

OMG blueclass, thank God all is OK. You must have got some shock. I would be the same
Doc can't see me till tomorrow which is a pain but I will hopefully find out then. It's not as itchy today it's just tender. I don't think it is mastitis as I'm not BFing and its not red or anything. Its just swollen and itchy with a weird stinging/tingling sensation in the nipple. Hopefully it's nothing just another pregnancy related issue :)

Sjenkins that pain sounds awful I can fully sympathise. Glad you have some time off work to recover.

Luckily the midwife did see me yesterday. Had my 28wk bloods done and she measured bump at 26cm at 27+4wks so a bit smaller than my dates but seems all is good for now. Spoke to her about a physio referral again but she said the physio won't do anything but give me exercises to do so best to keep seeing the chiropractor as at least she will do stretches and manipulation to fix the problem.

Hope the doctor appt went well today Love87?

Hope your doing ok after the crash yesterday too blueclass?

I posted off my maternity allowance letter this morning as I don't qualify for smp so fingers crossed I here back from that soon. Definitely on the final countdown now sorting everything out. Just 5 weeks left at work for me! xx

I'm so jealous you only have 5 weeks! I have 13 and yes I'm counting.
Seems so many of us are having all different aches and pains and I don't think it will get better as we get larger.
I'm feeling ok other than my back and neck are killing me. It's so painful. Hopefully it will get better soon had to have a day of and got a day of tomorrow but it's because I can't move. X

No I don't remember it getting any better as we get larger lol hope your pain eases up. I'm still struggling to get about and look ridiculous hoppling about.

I think if I didn't have 5 weeks left I would cry and need to be signed off work on sick as it's only the thought it's a few more weeks that is getting me through the pain to drag myself to work. That and sick pay is half my weekly wage. xx

Bank balance took a hit today, got the Oxygen 2 Pram with carry cot £415 after talking them down to a 15% discount. Ordered a snuzz pod at £145. Bought a few little outfits, breast pads, big maxi pads, muslin cloths, a couple of blankets, beauty kit, thermometer and boots had 102 new born nappies for £8 so picked that up.

Tesco really is fantastic for baby things, found outfits the exact same as mothercare for half the price.

That's a good deal on nappies, might have to go there.
My school is looking for a speech and language therapy assistant so I'm hoping to get that role as it will be easier for me instead of trying to walk around al the time.

Also I did say before I wasn't going to have a 4d scan as I think they are ugly and I wanted to save the money. Well after my car accident yesterday and seeing a great deal I have booked one for when I am 30 weeks. I want to ensure my baby girl is ok kn there and can't wait till she arrives to see her so talked hubby into booking one.
Now I thought I would share this deal with you, I'm nice like that.
http://babyscanclinic.com/mobile/
So for a 4d scan it's on offer at £79 they also have a HD 4d scan which looks so amazing. If you see the difference you will want this scan I promise you. However it is normally 350 but they ate doing it at 158 pretty good price. I can not afford this so have gone for 4d only but hoping I will get a sneaky peak in hd. This clinic is in Harley St London so may not help all of you.
Xx

Just booked up my 4d scan, Wed 16th March at 11:50. Just the pick me up I need after finding ut my Dad isn't coming down to visit that week now! Hubby and I booked the week off especially so feel a bit hurt.

That is a good deal blueclass we are paying £130 for ours, unfortunately London is a bit far for me as I'm near Portsmouth. I do think the scans are fascinating and so much better when your in there watching baby moving around xx

Yes I can't wait I'm just doing the 4d one but gutted j can't afford the hd one as it's so clear. It's definitely worth a look I still can't believe how good they are. That's a shame your dad can't come but at least you will see Bubb bouncing around and i'm sure that will cheer you up.
I go Portsmouth every now and then my sister lives there and I often have my nephew so we meet in alton. I live just down the a3 so not far from there.
I changed mine to 29 weeks tho morning so 25th March can't wait x

Yeah I love the look of the HD ones, but not sure if there are any places local to me that do them. We are going to the place where we have had scans with all the boys, so this will be our 8th visit to them! We have paid for quite a few private scans over the years. The lady did want us in earlier but we have had them at 29+4 and 30+1 and I will be 29+6 this time so think we should be OK for pics.

I travel up to Dartford to see my sister and neice so regularly use the a3 too xx

Have to go for a growth scan in two week, measuring at 23 1/2 cm when for my height I should be 25 cm's.

Bizarrely I'm not concerned, all my scans have been bang on the average size yet I didn't starting showing until 18 weeks.

I'm wondering if its my body shape. I'm a proper hour glass so any weight gain goes to hips and bust but my waist stays skinny.

On the plus side after seeing a different midwife every appointment my GP has hired a long term one and she's a teacher midwife as will have students with her all the time. Is going to be really nice seeing the same person now we have more appointments.

I'm sure all is fine with baby. Usually you have a 3 cm buffer each side before they worry too much. I measured 26cm at 27+4wks on Monday so about the same behind as you. Just enjoy being able to see baby again and that they are keeping an eye on you too xx

Yes I agree with kanga. They say you should be within 3cm either side so you should be ok. Iv never seen the same mw which is sad really as I thought you would see the same one regularly.

Il be 29 on the say so hoping the pics will be good, I'm so excited.

When will everyone start packing g there hospital bags? I'm always super organised and don't want her to come early and il be rushing around. I have brought travel sized shower gel ect, sanitary towels, disposable knickers (just one pack to see how there are). I won't buy newborn bits untill I have a rough idea how big she will be so they will be the last bits I add. X

Kanga and blueclass- doesn't sound like were all that far apart. I live on a3 too. Small world!

I have my toiletries bag sorted already but won't worry about everything else until much nearer edd. Last time we followed the guides and ended up with 2 massive bags in hospital, most if which wasn't needed.This time I am going to pack much more conservatively. OH forgot some important last min stuff in heat of the moment so I'm going to have to make sure I deal with it this time. As if I won't have enough to keep me busy!

I'm not sure what I am doing about a hospital bag yet as planning on staying at home. Think I will make up like a birth box so that everything is together and get chucked into a bag if needs be. I generally try to have everything for my bag around 34 weeks but not necessarily packed until 37wks. I can't remember what I packed and used previously either so doesn't help lol We used more with our 1st Harry than James as he kept peeing everywhere when changing him so got through a few outfits xx

My boys were 7lb 1oz and 7lb 6oz born and in newborn/first size til 6-7 weeks so I wouldn't worry about getting a few bits, like vests and sleepsuits. I hardly put mine in "outfits" til they were 3/4m as they look so snuggly in sleepsuits

I've picked up breast pads, sanitary towels and an actual bag to put it in. Decided I'll pack it at 34 weeks and leave by the door.

Has any found some good deals on bedroom furniture? looking for a changing/dresser and cot. Also want a unit with separate storage space so I can pack away nappies ect..

I've picked up breast pads, sanitary towels and an actual bag to put it in. Decided I'll pack it at 34 weeks and leave by the door.

Has any found some good deals on bedroom furniture? looking for a changing/dresser and cot. Also want a unit with separate storage space so I can pack away nappies ect..

I got mine from argos, it's a mammas and papas 3 piece furniture set. Mine was on sale half price at 299. They have one at the moment which looks very similar to mine but it's 399 again half price. I'm really pleased with mine it's sturdy, looks smart and best of all fantastic value for 3 things. X

Kanga and blueclass- doesn't sound like were all that far apart. I live on a3 too. Small world!

I have my toiletries bag sorted already but won't worry about everything else until much nearer edd. Last time we followed the guides and ended up with 2 massive bags in hospital, most if which wasn't needed.This time I am going to pack much more conservatively. OH forgot some important last min stuff in heat of the moment so I'm going to have to make sure I deal with it this time. As if I won't have enough to keep me busy!

Where abouts are you? I'm close to Raynes Park. X

I like the a3 so easy to get to places without using motor way.

I havent even started thinking of hosp bag. After nearly 2 yrs our house will finally be finished next week and after that im going to concentrate on getting ready for little Miss:)

Bit of a rant coming up... Why do people have the need to comment on the size of your bump?!? Maybe im just being super hormonal (which i know i am - the other day i nearly cried when OH forgot to ask how my mw appt went...lol)
My neighbour, who i havent seen since announcing the pregnancy came round to collect a parcel the other day and asked how far along i am. I told her 26 weeks and she said "oh you're so small! I was huge at that stage". How on earth can she remember how big she was at exactly 26weeks 7 years ago?! Then our carpenter came today to finish up and asked how far along i am and i said 6mths and he said "huh, thought you'd be bigger than that". I know that size doesnt matter (lol;-)) but it just REALLY wound me up. Im actually measuring a week ahead according to the mw so im pretty much average size wise. But for some reason these comments p*ss me off! And dont get me started on people touching the bump. Or even worse - rubbing it! When preg with DS my MIL came up behind me, put her head on my back and rubbed my bump whilst talking to it. THE most uncomfortable few seconds of my life! Lol
Anywho, me and my hormones should call it a day and go to sleep;-) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back