******** June 2014 Mummies ********

Aww Kumber, that's a bit annoying! Agree with FBW, have you tried breast pads? You can get nice washable ones which are a bit more absorbent and comfortable. I have the opposite problem, no milk even when I need it! Maybe it will be different this time! At least you know you'll have plenty when baby arrives!

I think you're very organised for naming your baby! Sometimes I wish I knew what I was having and had them named, I def think it helps you connect bump with baby. Maybe I'll sneak a peek at my scan on Sat!!

Thanks ladies, appt was fine although baby brain hit me twice, first when I washed my hands after the wee sample and then I completely forgot to ask about leaking!! I'll ask my mom tonight, hoping as a health visitor she would know as I would feel like a right wally calling up the mw to ask!

I'm looking into nipple pads but I need something that's self-adhesive as wearing bras at night is just not possible - I have extremely sensitive skin and if I don't air out my body parts and remove all clothing, I start breaking out in rashes so I use the night time to let my skin breathe. As Brighty said earlier, I'll just get myself some tit tape!! :rotfl:

Naming definitely helps you connect but then you have to balance it with what will give you motivation to push when the time comes! I know I wouldn't have the patience to wait until he arrives to know and it does make it easier to shop for him, but I won't have the excitement of what will it be when it comes time to push.

Last edited:
25 weeks + 5ish days and have been feeling a bit more breathless recently. Anyone else finding this yet? Thought it was a bit early although bump has definitely had a growth spurt recently. X

Had my 25 week appointment today and measured bang on 25cm, feeling pleased as people keep telling me how big I am! Haha x

Nandalie, have you had your blood pressure done recently? I get breathless sometimes and my midwife said it's down to my low BP! I've been low at my last 3 appointments.

Mrs T, same, people keep telling me I'm tiny and that when I'm sat down you can't tell I have a bump but my growth chart was fine! It's just cos I have a long body apparently so there is more room for my baby.

Starryeyes, I laid down as she measured from top of my bump to the pubic bone.

Same, I had to find my own pubic bone and then she had a feel around to see if she cls tell how baby was positioned but couldn't this time x

Come to think of it, my BP was lower than my current 'normal' when I last felt breathless - was also feeling dizzy. May well be onto something there thanks kinkers!

I've had a lot of dizzy spells too and a few black outs, one last week was in the street and a bit scary. my bp is quite low too, I've also noticed Im breathless after a couple of flights of stairs when Im not normally, didn't realise this could be why.

Ohh yeah Sarah I have had one or 2 blackouts aswell - they are horrible! I've never realised about being breathless either. I walk up a big hill on my way home from work and by the time I get to the top I'm hardly breathing!! I thought I had just suddenly become less fitter - didn't even mention it to my midwife, she just ran through the symptoms of low BP with me and that was one of them so then it suddenly made perfect sense.

Is anyone else finding that they're feeling really sick or were feeling really sick around the 25 week mark? That's twice now I've felt like absolute rubbish and I think it's linked to me being exhausted. A very unfit and unhealthy me spent 5 hours walking around town yesterday, and I've not been sleeping great so today after I walked down to the uni to meet my OH I felt like I was going to throw up. Had this a couple of days ago also, hoping it's just because I've over exerted myself and not gotten enough sleep!!

Also have low BP and get dizzy spells and breathless easily, confirmed by the mw as due to low BP so there's definitely something in it!!

Hope you're all well tonight ladies, just one more sleep and then it's the weekend!!

Is anyone else finding that they're feeling really sick or were feeling really sick around the 25 week mark? That's twice now I've felt like absolute rubbish and I think it's linked to me being exhausted. A very unfit and unhealthy me spent 5 hours walking around town yesterday, and I've not been sleeping great so today after I walked down to the uni to meet my OH I felt like I was going to throw up. Had this a couple of days ago also, hoping it's just because I've over exerted myself and not gotten enough sleep!!

Also have low BP and get dizzy spells and breathless easily, confirmed by the mw as due to low BP so there's definitely something in it!!

Hope you're all well tonight ladies, just one more sleep and then it's the weekend!!

I'm definitely starting to feel my energy levels dropping again, walking from one end of the school to the other feels exhausting. And my back and hips are starting to hurt... Here comes the 3rd trimester eh!! Hope you feel better xx

Hi ladies, hate to bring the mood down but I feel like total crap today. I've started with the dreaded visual migraines that I always get when pg and they've brought with them the miserable Frankie! I was crying earlier and my 3 year old was wiping away my tears - felt so awful! Just don't know how I'm going to get through the next few weeks :(

Hi ladies, hate to bring the mood down but I feel like total crap today. I've started with the dreaded visual migraines that I always get when pg and they've brought with them the miserable Frankie! I was crying earlier and my 3 year old was wiping away my tears - felt so awful! Just don't know how I'm going to get through the next few weeks :(

You poor thing, migraines are evil. Bless your little one! Xxx

I feel done in too, totally exhausted, aches pains & lots of niggles. Yoga&swimming seem to be keeping it at bay but cant wait to go on mat leave, I keep waking up after a few hours needing the loo then she's locking away I'm worrying about work, money & arrangements with baby's dad and that's me up for the rest of the day. I just want sleep! X

Hey ladies, hope everyone's feeling good now its the weekend. Sophie - my mind starts wandering as soon as I've got up for a wee. Very annoying! We are stripping paper in preparation for the nursery to be plastered on Wed. So excited to get it done! xx

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. Can't believe I'm into double figures today! 99 days to go argh xx

Sooooo excited ladies, we're booking our babymoon today and it coincides with my birthday!! Can't wait, just three weeks to go!!

Last edited:
Sooooo excited ladies, we're booking our babymoon today and it coincides with my birthday!! Can't wait, just three weeks to go!!

Exciting! Where are you going? My birthdays in April, be nice to get away then I reckon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back