July & August Mummies <3

Does anyone know at what point they start to worry about baby being breech?

Well not worry as such, just start talking of options? xx

I think maybe 34/36 weeks? I think there’s a website called spinning babies that has lots of tips and tricks to get baby to move into a head down position.

I think maybe 34/36 weeks? I think there’s a website called spinning babies that has lots of tips and tricks to get baby to move into a head down position.

Ah cheers hun. Still a while to go yet for me then.

Hope everyone’s had a lovely long weekend.

I have my 28 week midwife apt tomorrow xx

How did your appointment go @MelC2011 did you get to hear babies heartbeat?

My next growth scan is the 17th of June, it will be with fetal medicine again. I’m wondering if at my consultant appointment after we’ll talk about birth options... I’ll be almost 33 weeks and I think they like twins to be born around the 37 weeks mark. Eeek!

How is everyone else?! You’re all so quiet! Haha.
Has anyone had any more scans or appointments?
Who has names picked out?
Bump updates?!
I miss you all!

I’m 30 weeks tomorrow, I can’t believe it! Sooo 7 or 8 more weeks for me to go. If I don’t go before then!

How exciting @mummybear2
Just think next week you can say my babies will be born next month! Eeek

All good with baby thanks. Heard the heartbeat and apparently I’m measuring ahead. My 1st was 3 weeks early even though it was an ivf baby and knew dates ... wonder if this one will come early too.

We have a potential girls name, but still can’t agree on a boys!

Here’s my 28+4 bump picture

3CF96FC5-4FE4-47B4-81E9-86ECBC582648.jpeg

Hey ladies sorry for radio silence @mummybear2 that's so exciting not long for you now!!
My other half and I knew babys name from the start... Lunar ♡♡♡
Had another appointment with a different midwife she was really lovely went threw notes in detail and said everything was fine and there wasnt anything to worry about so happy about that. How is everyone else fairing not long left ladies xxxx

Ah lovely! What a gorgeous bump! So glad you got to hear the heartbeat. As I’m having scans I never get to hear the heartbeats, but I get to see them so I guess that’s better.

I know! I was thinking this the other night. I think as soon as it hits July first I am going to officially start freaking out!!

I’m completely stuck with boys names too. I just don’t really LIKE anything at all. So my poor boy will probably end up nameless for a while.

Glad to hear all is well @Jade jones. What a gorgeous name too! Are you going to have a middle name too or just the first?

I think everyone must just be busy, have their minds on other things.

Oh gosh I know, it’s scary! Less than two months now. Getting my cot and a set of drawers delivered on Monday. Then I need to wait for my pram to be delivered probably end of June, early July. Then I’m all set for these babies I think. Mentally I’m not sure I ever will be though.

@MelC2011 lovely bump :) and glad appointment went well.

@mummybear2 it must be such a challenge to get your head round two, I think am still feeing the same and it’s only one haha but you sound very organised so good :) and good they are keeping an eye on you and the babies :) and nice to get the extra scans.

@Jade jones aww that’s a lovely name :) and glad everything is ok and has been explained by a different midwife, sometimes just makes all the difference. And glad your getting on fine.

I am 33 weeks today so quite a scary thought that if I have baby in the 36th week like my other two I only would have 3 weeks left. I have a feeing that I might be allowed to go longer this time if verging stays the same as it is now as they don’t want to be flying us away in the current times, so I will be more than happy with that. I am still feeling rubbish and being sick everyday so am getting to the stage I can’t wait for baby to be here :) we have been thinking a lot about names and think we have our boys name, as I am convinced this baby is a boy we havnt really decided on a girls name but have a small list just incase. I have an appointment again on Thursday for my 34 week appointment so I guess just counting down the days :) xxx

Another question girls, is how’s everyone planning to feed baby? Just having a internal debate this time and just wondered what everyone else’s thoughts are on the matter :) xxx

Wow @Kiwi_53 you really don’t have long to go if they have you go to 36 weeks. I can totally understand wanting baby here already, especially if you’re still so sick.
So you may be the first of us to have buba?! How exciting.

I luckily was able to breastfeed my first and am hoping to do the same for the twins. I’m honestly not even thinking about formula, maybe I am being naive but I am trying to be positive in thinking I will manage with two... I mean I have two boobs and I’ve done it before so I should be ok right?! I worry about babies being premature though and not being able to latch. I’m on a breastfeeding multiples support group on Facebook so they should be able to help me along too.
I totally get why people opt for formula, each to their own I say. I just couldn’t be bothered with all the extra faff of making and sterilising bottles, especially in the middle of the night. Not to mention the extra expense.
So I have all my fingers and toes crossed that I don’t need to go down that route but we shall see.

Wow @Kiwi_53 you really don’t have long to go if they have you go to 36 weeks. I can totally understand wanting baby here already, especially if you’re still so sick.
So you may be the first of us to have buba?! How exciting.

I luckily was able to breastfeed my first and am hoping to do the same for the twins. I’m honestly not even thinking about formula, maybe I am being naive but I am trying to be positive in thinking I will manage with two... I mean I have two boobs and I’ve done it before so I should be ok right?! I worry about babies being premature though and not being able to latch. I’m on a breastfeeding multiples support group on Facebook so they should be able to help me along too.
I totally get why people opt for formula, each to their own I say. I just couldn’t be bothered with all the extra faff of making and sterilising bottles, especially in the middle of the night. Not to mention the extra expense.
So I have all my fingers and toes crossed that I don’t need to go down that route but we shall see.

I know I am getting kinda worried am not organised enough haha, hoping baby will hold on a little longer :)

my first was born at 36+1 and was really bad with jaundice so he didn’t want to feed and had a really crappy latch, so I ended up pumping for him as well as trying to feed, I eventually gave up after 6 weeks of it, and started to give formula until my milk completely dried up.
My second was born at 36+6 and was slightly bigger, and she was very interested in feeding, she breastfed well from the get go, and we did 13 months exclusive never a bottle in sight, but for me it was a very stressful experience, I had mastitis and blocked ducts, the whole way through and was pumping pure blood at one stage. But still had to feed through it as that’s all she could get. She had really bad reflux too and I had bad postnatal depression, so I am just really in two minds at what to do, I know I could have a totally different experience this time, but a lot slightly put off with the whole thing haha so undecided at the moment, but just feel like I need to try and make a decision as the time is drawing nearer :) anyways, I have yabbled on, but it’s good to have folk to talk to about it all :) xxx

@Kiwi_53 oh I can totally understand why you wouldn’t want to go through all that again. I was lucky with it. Beside the usual initial pain and discomfort we got on fine with it, beside a shallow latch which I could cope with. You have to do what’s best for you. Could you have formula on hand just in case and give breastfeeding a go? If it doesn’t work out then at least you tried and you won’t feel pressure to keep going if you already have formula and bottles etc? Or express some colostrum to give in a bottle and just exclusively formula feed?

I don’t feel organised either... if babies came early I wouldn’t need the things I don’t have anyway as they would be in NICU but I will feel much better when I have everything set up!

I’m totally not organised, although supposedly have 11 weeks left.

Do you think you’ll be early again @Kiwi_53? Any idea why both were early.
My boy was 3 weeks early, to be honest I’d love new baby to be a few weeks early too - would work out so much better with dates!

I’m planning on breastfeeding again. Did 6 months last time, but hope to do longer this time. I couldn’t express as just couldn’t get anything out but used to give a bottle of formula in the eve which Hubby did after I’d gone to bed.

Anyone else suffering leg cramps overnight? I suffered with last pregnancy and this time they’re just as bad. Last night was literally screaming in agony for 10 mins ... what a wuss eh! xx

@MelC2011 try and drink some more water. Apparently it’s more common if you’re dehydrated. I had them really bad in my last pregnancy. Not had then yet, touch wood! I remember them being horrendous though!

@mummybear2 cheers hun. Yeah I’d agree with that. I quite often don’t drink enough. Will try and up my water intake as the pain was horrendous.

Hope you’re doing ok? xx

I’m good thank you! Been enjoying the sunny weather. Had the paddling pool out the last couple of days for my daughter. Even managed to get a bit of a tan. Yay for vitamin D!

I do however have a bum in my ribs and a head on my bladder, so I’m just super uncomfortable! Struggle to get up. Struggle to walk. Back pain is awful. Struggle to sleep. Have piles for days. And am generally bloody exhausted. All worth it of course.

Glad to hear all is well @Jade jones. What a gorgeous name too! Are you going to have a middle name too or just the first?

I think everyone must just be busy, have their minds on other things.

Oh gosh I know, it’s scary! Less than two months now. Getting my cot and a set of drawers delivered on Monday. Then I need to wait for my pram to be delivered probably end of June, early July. Then I’m all set for these babies I think. Mentally I’m not sure I ever will be though.
@mummybear2 were stuck between amy or samantha both OT has and auntie and sister in law called sam and grandma amy I'm thinking more towards samantha.
Hehe I think the same ready physically but scared mentally. I just want to be a good mum ♡
@Kiwi_53 I hope baby stays put! And I hope your okay!

I'm breastfeeding but nervous about it... what's your best tips x

@mummybear2 yeh I am thinking al go straight to formula, but have been considering the first few feeds from me just for the goodness factor, I think I am just that scared about things getting as bad as they did pnd wise that I feel I have to make the right choice for my family and I.

@MelC2011 i was induced both times due to pre eclampsia and oligohydramnios (Which meant I have very little/no waters round the babies) Which I turn stopped them moving and became unsafe for them. I have no idea whether I will get to have baby here or if I will have to go south this time too, but fingers crossed I can have it here. It waters are looking low again so all just a waiting game.

@Jade jones thank you :) baby still doing away ok just now so just taking it week by week :)
As for breast feeding I think that the first feed and skin to skin is important, I also think determination would be the biggest thing. As it can come with many issues, but most can be resolved in so way. And lastly a lot of patience and time to sit and feed as it seems a lot of time is spend feeding, or at least I found that. I would also recommend lanoish (I think that’s how it’s spelt) nipple cream, I found it a godsend, and was never without a tube :) and last not to be too hard on yourself with it, as I found out the hard way that you really can be your own worst enemy when it comes to baby. That being said my dd fed for 13 months so we did manage the feeding aspect of it all :) so happy to help in any way.

hope your all well xxx

I haven’t posted here for ages as I forgot my password but managed to reopen today .... just read through the 3rd trimester I hope everyone is keeping their chin up.

I have been told at my 20 week scan that the pressure in one vein to the placenta was slightly elevated ... and now have gestational diabetes - I’m still tiny and even lost more weight in pregnancy due to sickness from week 8 until now... have no idea what I’m meant to eat as I am also coeliac and unfortunately only things I have been able to keep down are potatoes, foods with lots of sugar - I was sugar free before pregnancy - Couldn’t even drink water only apple juice, orange juice and concentrated apple juice - so full of sugar .... so really don’t know how I will manage on a diabetic diet ...

Just freaking out constantly as I don’t feel much movement at all at the moment I’m now 30 weeks , did go for a check up a few weeks ago and all was fine and had a 28 week scan and he is measuring ok at 50th percentile ...

just so much to worry about . Just not enjoying the anxiety to be honest

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back