July & August Mummies <3

That’s such a worry for you @Jade jones i had a friend that had the same thing, she was induced at 36 weeks and all was well, so it can go ok. But such a worry for you, they will hopefully take extra good care of you now.

@Wilson14 thats good about baby :) as for birth plans I guess I have always gone with the view that I will just take it as it comes. I feel that if you have it very planned if things don’t go as you want you might be disappointed, but babies have their own agenda and tend to do and come when they want, I have been induced twice in the 36th week, but have managed with minimal pain relief and all went well, so I have been lucky, and for this one I am going to just have to go with the same whatever happens, happens outlook. The only thing I have planned this time is that I would like skin to skin immediately if possible like the last times, but this time I want to be the first to see the gender of my baby and tell my husband as both our others we have known gender, but this time it’s a surprise :) I am happy to answer anything you are scared or concerned about labour, if I can haha but I am no expert :)

Xxx
I'm really hoping I don't have to be induced, I don't cope very well with anxiety with physical exams, last time I was that tense they couldn't even see my cervix, so the idea of needing to have my waters broken etc is making me really anxious xx

I can totally get where you are coming from @Wilson14, I am not keen on it as am sure nobody is, but to have an added anxiety to it would be terrible. But to reassure you, my last induction I only had to be examined to check what my cervix was doing, then once for water popping and then I requested to be checked as I thought I was fully. So only three times and once was at my own request. They will also let you have gas and air as there was ladies around me that were very anxious about examinations. Hopefully you don’t have to be induced, but I can honestly say I have had two really positive inductions, so they do happen :) xxx

I can totally get where you are coming from @Wilson14, I am not keen on it as am sure nobody is, but to have an added anxiety to it would be terrible. But to reassure you, my last induction I only had to be examined to check what my cervix was doing, then once for water popping and then I requested to be checked as I thought I was fully. So only three times and once was at my own request. They will also let you have gas and air as there was ladies around me that were very anxious about examinations. Hopefully you don’t have to be induced, but I can honestly say I have had two really positive inductions, so they do happen :) xxx
Thank you for telling me some good stories. I'm feeling really crappy today I think I've got an ear infection as I've got a sore throat and my ear's been aching for a couple of days. Just feel really tearful and rubbish xx

I am starting to freak out a little bit.
I had a really awful dream last night that I lost both the babies. I’m now convinced I can’t feel them moving. They are probably just sleeping but I can’t help and panic.
I’m going to have some fizzy juice and yogurt and hopefully they wake up and start their usual kicks and rolls soon.

@Wilson14 hope your feeing a little better today :)

@mummybear2 really hope that the babies have started to move and have reassured you alls ok, such a horrid thing having dreams like that. But if ever in doubt get in touch with your midwifes.

Xxx

Thanks @Kiwi_53 i think I was just super freaked out. Felt lots of movements as the day went on, and again today. Silly dreams.

@Wilson14 thats sucks, I hope it isn’t an infection! Get to your GP just incase so you can get some antibiotics ASAP. Feel better soon xx

Hope everyone is doing well.

I have a growth scan this afternoon and then an appointment with my consultant.
Can’t wait to get out of the house for a bit! Even if I am just waiting around ages!

I think my belly button is going to end up popping out before the end of this pregnancy too. Feel absolutely massive compared to what I was with my first!

Good luck with your scan and consultant appointment @mummybear2

How are you feeling carrying twins?

My belly button has popped already and if I’m honest I hate it ... have a weird phobia :-( xx

My scan didn’t go so well.
One of the babies has fluid in the brain which was measuring more than normal and had dropped from the 30th percentile to the 11th. So I have to go back tomorrow for a scan with fetal medicine.
I was told not to worry but obviously I am and a quick google search was coming up with worst case scenarios. So, I am a bit stressed out. Hoping it was just the way baby was lying and the rescan tomorrow shows everything is ok. My appointment isn’t until 3 so it will be a long day waiting.

My scan didn’t go so well.
One of the babies has fluid in the brain which was measuring more than normal and had dropped from the 30th percentile to the 11th. So I have to go back tomorrow for a scan with fetal medicine.
I was told not to worry but obviously I am and a quick google search was coming up with worst case scenarios. So, I am a bit stressed out. Hoping it was just the way baby was lying and the rescan tomorrow shows everything is ok. My appointment isn’t until 3 so it will be a long day waiting.

aww what a stressful time for you, I will keep everything crossed that all is well and it’s just been the way baby was lying, it’s so horrible when they pick things up wrong on scans. Try and rest between now and then and be kind to yourself. Thinking of you xxx

So sorry to hear your scan didn’t go as planned. Keeping everything crossed that all is ok tomorrow.
I know it’s hard but try not to worry honey. Will be thinking of you xx

Thank you both. I can’t help but worry about it, every thing was fine at my last scan 4 weeks ago. I just hope all is ok tomorrow... like carrying twins isn’t stressful enough. Hell carrying one was stressful enough!

Yeah can't stop thinking about you @mummybear2, hope all has gone ok.

I had my appointment today, my blood pressure is still up AMD protein in my urine so they took more bloods. They think i maybe have an infection still as i have luckocytes in urine too, and so have sent urine and swabs away. I am also still only measuring 27cm so 5 weeks behind so have to go for a scan again on ssturday. They are just going to keep an eye on me and i have to watch symptoms and movements closely. Hopefully will know more on Saturday.

Hope your all well XXX

My scan went ok, other than feeling like I was being abused by that wand. Omg the pressure she was using to get the images, I was so crampy for hours after.

So there is more fluid than normal, but not as much as they originally thought. Normal is below 10mm and she got 10.3mm which doesn’t sound too bad. She checked babies brain and blood flow and everything else looked normal. She said it was a very low chance it was chromosomal and offered an amnio but I declined. She also said it could be a virus I had and passed on but again said chances were low. They took my blood to check anyway. So we will just monitor it until baby is born. Still having my scans every 4 weeks so she must not be too concerned to ask for more.
She did say baby will have to go for an MRI when born... which is stressful to think about. Paediatrics will come talk to me about that nearer the time.
So better than I was expecting, still a little worried incase the next scan shows more fluid but will just have to wait and see.

@Kiwi_53 sorry things aren’t going smoothly for you. I hope you get some answers once your urine and swabs have come back.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your scan on Saturday xx

Last edited:
My scan went ok, other than feeling like I was being abused by that wand. Omg the pressure she was using to get the images, I was so crampy for hours after.

So there is more fluid than normal, but not as much as they originally thought. Normal is below 10mm and she got 10.3mm which doesn’t sound too bad. She checked babies brain and blood flow and everything else looked normal. She said it was a very low chance it was chromosomal and offered an amnio but I declined. She also said it could be a virus I had and passed on but again said chances were low. They took my blood to check anyway. So we will just monitor it until baby is born. Still having my scans every 4 weeks so she must not be too concerned to ask for more.
She did say baby will have to go for an MRI when born... which is stressful to think about. Paediatrics will come talk to me about that nearer the time.
So better than I was expecting, still a little worried incase the next scan shows more fluid but will just have to wait and see.

@Kiwi_53 sorry things aren’t going smoothly for you. I hope you get some answers once your urine and swans have come back.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your scan on Saturday xx

aww that’s good it’s not as much as they originally thought, still such a worry for you though as am sure it will play on your mind until baby is here and safe in your arms.

yeh I guess I am a little nervous but at the same time have just expected this all along as my other pregnancies haven’t been straight forward either, I sometimes wish they could give me more answers but I guess it’s just a take it as it comes thing :) but thank you for your kind words :) and take care. Xxx

Thank you @mummybear2, scan went ok, fluid level is looking low, but still ok and nothing to be done right away as baby is growing well, and now estimated at 4lb 13oz so looking a good size :) another appointment a week on Thursday so just got to keep an eye on everything until then and get in touch with them if I am concerned. They will also get in touch once they have all my test results back :)

hope your all well xxx

Pleased your appointment went well today @Kiwi_53
Wow, you’re in single figures now (only just realised) how exciting xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111