July 2019 mummies

Hi owls I just saw your message I rang my gp yesterday as I take some medication for sleep and a bad back and wasn’t sure if I should carry on taking them or stop and they said I should go in and speak to the gp so I have an appointment next week

I'm not making an appointment with GP, I can do self referral to midwife here so I just need to fill out the form and hand in it... will get that done next week hopefully!

I work full time currently, and I'm not actually sure when I should tell my boss to be honest as I'm an engineer and spend half my time in the labs or out on site... and the other half of the time on here or reading pregnancy articles online! But I'm not sure if I should tell him early due to risk or just wait after the 12 weeks and hope everything is fine?

I haven't watched one born every minute in a long time!

I'm only going gp to get early scan as I'm not waiting for the midwife lol. Il book in with midwife in a few weeks.

I work from home as a beauty therapist & also do bits for my husbands business so fortunately no one to inform of pregnancy & leave etc :) I’ve just sat down after a bit of housework & am ready for bed lol.

I called GP the other day, I’ve got app with midwife on29th Nov which will be my first app - I’ll be 9w2d so just hope my dating scan will be booked shortly after in time for Christmas reveal (if I can keep it hidden for that long). We’ve not told anyone at all. How about you ladies, have you told many people or not? I really want to tell my children as they’d be so excited but I just want to know everything’s ok at the dating scan first as you just never know do you & I’d hate for something to go wrong & then having to explain that to them so I’ll wait!

I work from home as a beauty therapist & also do bits for my husbands business so fortunately no one to inform of pregnancy & leave etc :) I’ve just sat down after a bit of housework & am ready for bed lol.

I called GP the other day, I’ve got app with midwife on29th Nov which will be my first app - I’ll be 9w2d so just hope my dating scan will be booked shortly after in time for Christmas reveal (if I can keep it hidden for that long). We’ve not told anyone at all. How about you ladies, have you told many people or not? I really want to tell my children as they’d be so excited but I just want to know everything’s ok at the dating scan first as you just never know do you & I’d hate for something to go wrong & then having to explain that to them so I’ll wait!

Iv told my husband nobody else. I'd usually tell my mum but this time I'm not. I'm high risk so won't tell anyone until 12 weeks.

I'm a SAHM but I'm also a hobbiest photographer.

I haven't told anyone except DH. It's my first pregnancy and I want to tell my mum in person... which won't be until christmas/new year when we are home over the holidays, and I should be 12 weeks by then, which is a good time to share the news! I won't be telling anyone else until after that.

Marvellous, I also do photography as a hobby! What kind of photography do you do? I do landscape / cityscape / architecture myself.

Last edited:
I haven't told anyone except DH. It's my first pregnancy and I want to tell my mum in person... which won't be until christmas/new year when we are home over the holidays, and I should be 12 weeks by then, which is a good time to share the news! I won't be telling anyone else until after that.

Marvellous, I also do photography as a hobby! What kind of photography do you do? I do landscape / cityscape / architecture myself.

Landscape and wildlife mostly.

I have a beauty business too. No idea how I'll work it all if I get sickness as bad as before and not sure about maternity etc and rushing back to work!? I guess it's wait and see for now.

I’m far too scared to watch any birthing programmes right now and they make me cry lol!! My previous 2 births were a bit different so I’m just hoping for a nice natural one like last time.. fingers crossed!! I work at a junior school with the extra special kiddies and love it anyone else work at a school?
Just want Monday to come as it’s hcg blood time again I’ll be just over 5 weeks and really hope my numbers have skyrocketed so I can relax a bit. No scans here for me but will do the harmony blood test if I make it to 10 weeks. Do you guys have to see a gp, here we do all maternity care through midwifes so my dr only finds out when the baby is born if everything goes to plan, anyone else got bloods or scans next week? :)

Morning ladies I am on my way to out of hours docs I think I have a water infection at least I hope it is, tummy ache and stinging also going to toilet a lot more frequently normally I would have just got on with it but thought coz I am pregnant I had better get it checked out.

No scans or blood tests here yet emmaohara which suits me i hate needles fingers crossed for you on Monday with your hcg results

I’ve got nothing until my first midwife appointment on 29th Nov. Apparently it’s an hour long appointment so maybe they’ll take blood then but that’s 4 weeks away so I just need to sit tight until then. I think with Christmas fast approaching though I’ll be busy sorting to that as family coming to mine this year so I hopefully won’t have to much time to think about how long it is.

I found my old threads on the forum I used with my DD & DS yesterday. They were a blast from the past, was reading them to my DD & then she asked why there were pregnancy tablets in the cupboard !! Doesn’t miss a thing. We just said well you know mummy & daddy have spoke about another one so they are just incase we do. She thought you took them & that’s how you got pregnant bless her haha. I so wanted to tell her as she’ll be so excited but just want to hold on that bit longer!

Feel like pants today. Woke up feeling like a bus had hit me and still feel blah now.

Got 0 energy today. Not sleeping well either so that's not helping.

Feel like pants today. Woke up feeling like a bus had hit me and still feel blah now.

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon! I just feel sicky still. Lots of burping & feeling like you just have a constant sicky lump in your throat. Staying at my mums tonight so that’ll be fun trying to turn down tea when I usually drink it by the gallon & hiding my nausea haha

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon! I just feel sicky still. Lots of burping & feeling like you just have a constant sicky lump in your throat. Staying at my mums tonight so that’ll be fun trying to turn down tea when I usually drink it by the gallon & hiding my nausea haha

I always get flu like symptoms round about now so I guess it's a good sign lol

So ladies this is my “bump” this morning.... at the rate I’m going I’m never going to be able to hide this till xmas lol

Attachments

• F9D3AE97-E6D1-4115-AEC3-CDA8D9542634.jpg
    F9D3AE97-E6D1-4115-AEC3-CDA8D9542634.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 33
Aww that’s such a cute little bump linnett sorry to hear your all feeling grotty today hope it passes soon I always think as long as you are getting all those symptoms it’s a good sign it’s when I feel normal that’s when I start to worry

Cute bump linette!

Sorry you guys are feeling rubbish. I think my sickness is slowly building up. I just really doubt I'll be able to hide it when working. Does anyone have any tips to help with morning sickness (or all bloody day sickness lol) I've bought a lemon and ginger tea, yoghurt coated ginger to have by my bed for morning's and that's about it so far lol!

Last edited:
Cute bump linette!

Sorry you guys are feeling rubbish. I think my sickness is slowly building up. I just really doubt I'll be able to hide it when working. Does anyone have any tips to help with morning sickness (or all bloody day sickness lol) I've bought a lemon and ginger tea, yoghurt coated ginger to have by my bed for morning's and that's about it so far lol!

Sorry to hear your also feeling crap owls with my other pregnancy when I had bad sickness ginger biscuits helped me loads.

Morning ladies hope you have had a good weekend I was so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open,
well my af was due today and didn’t come so I took another clear blue digi and it has gone up from 1-2 weeks to 2-3 weeks so I am happy it’s gone up that has to be a good sign??
I will stop taking tests I have one more digi which I will take next week week fingers crossed it will say 3+ weeks then I will stop testing :poas::blush:

Wonder if we will have any newbies this week

Afternoon everyone, hope you're all keeping well!

I was thinking about testing again too... only done two line tests up til now, no digitals, but both clearly positive. Also AF didn't show up yesterday and I'm usually like clockwork, and feeling very nauseous this morning...
I'm only 4 weeks and thought the nausea wasn't supposed to kick in until 6 weeks! I felt fine all weekend apart from being exhausted, but today the nausea has come back. I think it's because I was just sitting around eating and snacking every couple of hours at home over the weekend, but harder to do that work... might take the ginger advice above and bring some ginger biscuits in to keep at my desk from now on, but for now I'm counting down to lunch time. On a positive note, I've quit coffee and the bloating has went down a lot!

There's also two girls in my work who are pregnant too, so all the chat during breaks is about pregnancy and babies... and I'm sitting smiling like an idiot and trying not to give anything away!

My sister is also planning her wedding for some time next year, she's thinking sometime between March and June I think... problem is that as I'm in Northern Ireland, and the wedding will be in Scotland, if it's any later than April don't think I'll be allowed to fly home at that point! I may have to tell her sooner than I wanted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back