July 2017 mummies to be.

So decided it's not been long enough to control my bloods (2 days) will not be taking my medication until Monday if it's out of whack in the morning and afternoon tonight it's been below 7.8 which is what they've requested of me it's 6.2 now before bed (I am testing to make sure) I had chicken sqewers for dinner a fistful of risotto and a massive salad with egg and cucumber peppers and grated carrot and it was 7.7 then I've had squash with no extra sugar and tea with sweetener I am 100% determined to do this by diet alone I've already shown I can do it tonight so wish me luck ladies because I need this to go right xxx

Do not buy maternity jeans from mothercare. My usual size is size 8 I've got stuff from new look that fits perfect, mothercare jeans cutting off my circulation. Paid £35 and lost the receipt for them. Sorry just needed a wee moan.

Thanks aurora, I genuinely don't think 2 days is long enough to get into the swing of things for my bloods it was much lower this morning 5.4 it has to be under 5.3 so had a protein full breakfast eggs and bacon with one slice of brown toast fingers crossed they stay level metformin gives you the runs apparently today is my anniversary of being married 3 years I'm not willing to have the shits all day also how bad is that during pregnancy? To have the runs? Ooh shayton that's awful Hun! I'd call them at least and tell them xxx

Yeeees! Nice work, Violet. It won't be easy, but you can definitely do it.

JulyBug, yes, I'm up and down like a hoor's knickers (as my Auntie would say). I seem to be fine one minute and then absolutely melt the next. I've now got a fair idea of when it's coming though, and give the husband a Weep Warning. Sigh. I've asked for an appointment with the maternity mental health team as the changes seem so extreme, but all signs point to 'this is usual in pregnancy'.

Yaaaay.

I've been constipated for most of this pregnancy, which is normal accordding to my gp.
Why is it that even with such different symptoms they are all normal?

You can do it Violet! I find bread is the worst thing as it's a slow release so your blood will stay higher for longer. Cheese is great as there are no carbs so I have a huge cheese salad for lunch followed by two chocolate biscuits and my blood is always great. I had a burger in a cob followed by a big ice cream yesterday, went on a 40min walk and my blood was only 6.3 after!

We've gone out and bought all very healthy no sugar stuff, I've got soya milk with no sweeteners or anything and Musilie with no sugars so ive done well also a load of salad stuff and brown pasta and risotto rice I'm doing wild mushroom risotto with garlic chicken breasts tonight also cashew and pischattio nuts for snacks it's been under 7 all day 5.5 and staying steady. They can't moan at me for trying cause I'm serious on keeping my levels right. Thank you ladies so much at least I can talk to you guys about it the diabetes team have let me down so much! I'm actually going to put in a complaint against one of them because she's been horrible and unsupportive xxx

Woo that's gone fast sailsbury! I feel a bit bad moving over there without you guys so I'll hang about here :).

So dinner out I had a large salad a lasagne and garlic slice and 3 teaspoon mouthfuls of ice cream went for a walk my bloods are 6.2!!! I'm over the moon xxx

I've been tri hopping since 27 weeks but spend more time here. Its lonely over there.

So fasting sugars are still a little high than what they want it to be so I'm going to attempt an evening snack and exercise after it xxx

I'm still lurking in ti 2!.. We need you all over in ti 3!

I've had mild pain in my tailbone for a little while now and today and yesterday it's got a lot worse, hurts to stand up, hurts to walk.. just a constant pain!.. OH tried to give it a little massage but it hasn't help (his pretty bad at massages tbh!!)

Anyone else feeling something similar? I'm dreading it getting worse over my final weeks if its this painful already! :(

I get pain in my lower back/right hip which is very intermittent. It can be anything from a tingling sensation to being unable to put weight on the leg as I get very sharp pain. It sounds like sciatica but then from what I've read it's just PGP as you don't get sciatica just because you're pregnant and I've certainly never had it before. I do find that exercise helps and trying to avoid sitting for long periods of time as when I stand up that's often when it hurts. Pregnancy doesn't half suck in many ways, but then my little one will kick the crap outta me and it makes me really happy :)

Have to say the back pain is the worst. I don't think i ever had it first time around, or if i did i certainly don't remember it being this bad. Got cocodomol off the Dr at hospital and told to call the physio team at the midwife unit. That and the really sharp pain on the sides which i am assuming is round ligament pains.

Just got to keep on going though, not long now. When does tri3 officially start? 27 weeks on Monday :)

I have suffered with sciatica intermittent for a few years now but this feels different, its more in my tailbone where as my sciatica usually causes me pain in the middle of my back.. maybe it is the sciatica, I don't know.. I walk twice a day with the dogs but it's now become uncomfortable to do so, my OH has to hold both dogs most of the way now bless him (they are strong!)

The joys of pregnancy! I can't not wait for him to be here, I feel like I want my body back! lol x

So you're supposed to feel really hot in pregnancy and I was wondering if this is something that will kick in at a later stage or if it was going to happen would I be feeling it already? I'm normally always cold so feeling warm is probably a welcome feeling!! I'm just curious!

Aurora if you're about I have a GD question, do you have a snack before bed to help blood sugars for fasting? Been reading up that snack before bed can help reduce them as that's the only bloods I'm having problems with all the rest are fully stable xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back