January 2019 testing

sorry to jump on the thread but we unintentionally did the SMEP plan in nov and got our BFP on our 6th month of trying!

Jump away! Wow, congratulations! Gonna try and sell it to fiancé for next month ;-)

I find the SMEP really hard to stick to. There are sometimes days where the OH doesn’t want to go a day without. X

We followed SMEP, to start with unintentionally but by the end we were having to force ourselves a bit. It does get exhausting by the end of the cycle. But I did get my BFP first month of trying so it's certainly worth a go. But if its causing arguments and you aren't enjoying it any more maybe its worth relaxing it a bit especially if you have long or unpredictable cycles and it feels never ending.

When I do smep I use it really loosely. I don’t like to put too much pressure on so I focus more on the every day over O then miss a day and dtd again. The rest of the cycle I just dtd when we fancy. I got pregnant twice in 3 months doing this (lost first one). It makes sense how it works. Good luck for jan everyone x

Abi and Rainbow thank you both for your insights!
You’re right, the method and science behind it makes a lot of sense, I think that’s why I’m so intrigued to try it. But I can also see how it can get too much for some people, especially when you have a long cycle.

Twice in 3 months is good going Rainbow, but I’m sorry to hear of your loss.

I’ll put it to my fiancé today and see what he says.

Good luck everyone. Xx

Last edited:
Good luck for everyone testing this month. I really hope this is my month! I’m focusing on DTD every other day over my fertile period from now on. Or back to back on days I know we can’t do every other day. We’ve already DTD more than we usually have so I’m feeling really positive. Just a few more days and then I’ll be in the TWW!

Good luck for everyone testing this month. I really hope this is my month! I’m focusing on DTD every other day over my fertile period from now on. Or back to back on days I know we can’t do every other day. We’ve already DTD more than we usually have so I’m feeling really positive. Just a few more days and then I’ll be in the TWW!
Let me know a testing date so I can add you to the list hun

Just realised that we basically unintentionally did the SMEP this month. Got a few high/ peak OPKs over a few days and FF has put ovulation as 26th but I really feel like it was 24/25 for some reason haha. Only time will tell... had cramps yesterday and a few today. Nothing intense like AF cramps though, just slight twinges. Also quite tired today... really wanna test but I know it’s too soon. AF due on Thursday but if I did ovulate so late then guessing this cycle will more than likely be longer.

Baby dust to us all for 2019 :dust:

88C9454E-6D3D-49E2-94EB-A5B438E4E88F.jpeg

Happy new years eve / day / lets all hope for a BFP 2019!!! Especially to us long termers!

Positive opk today, likely ovulate 2nd Jan / cd:17 like last month!

BBF539F1-24A0-461B-9F3B-C6B8EE56F58F.jpeg Tested again with a cheapie still a squinter but definitely a good line for 9dpo

Well I go to get hormone blood work done on Weds but I broke down and bought a 2 pack of FRER's so will be testing Jan 1st. I havent had what is a normal period for me in 2 months now (I am like 30 something days late I just stopped counting).

I had that bright false positive weeks ago but my blood work was negative so I just couldn't do it but I caved so tomorrow I will test. I am in the states so I think 5-6 hours behind you guys. Its 7pm right now Dec 31st. I will keep you posted either way as my own journey is baffling me lol...every single day <3

Good luck, ladies!

Just a silly indent. Can't wait to get my cyst and other things looked at this month. What a ride this has been my goodness. Good luck and Happy New Year!!! <3 S30A11221.jpg

I know this pic is terrible (taken on my very old phone lol I have clearer ones on our camera but hubby is sleeping and I have no clue where the cord is or how to really use it lol)....but gosh in person this silly indent is just staring me in the face and it is just so discouraging

Is the line grey or pink geekmaker? This must be driving you mad. It’s awful not knowing what’s happening and not being able to fully feel one way or the other. I hope you get a definite answer soon x

Only the tiniest hint of pink and after this false positive almost 3 weeks ago from Clinical Guard...yeah I don't know what to think anymore about tests. Going to be trying Pregmate ones for the future.

This pic is from almost 3 weeks ago...not today

P1050037 - resized.JPG

Yeah that one definitely looks positive. I’ve been reading your posts so kind of up to date with it. How are you feeling about it all? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back