January 2019 testing

I dont think flashing smiley means much.. first month i ttc a year ago december cycle 2017 .I used clearblue and it did flashing smileys 22nd? I think Dec and didnt get solid smiley till 28th and even then i couldnt tell u when i had O as back then i didnt temp and didnt check fluids! And also back then wen i started using cheapies i got 5 solid positives in a row -_- luckily now i just get 3 which is more normal
Flashing smiley's do infact mean you are in your fertile period/near to ovulation. If you got a solid smiley on the 28th then you would have ov'd around 24/48 hours after that solid smiley.
It does state that the kit has to get use to your cycles so the first time you use it you will get flashing smileys for a few days longer than you will on like the 3rd time you use it.

Flashing smiley's do infact mean you are in your fertile period/near to ovulation. If you got a solid smiley on the 28th then you would have ov'd around 24/48 hours after that solid smiley.
It does state that the kit has to get use to your cycles so the first time you use it you will get flashing smileys for a few days longer than you will on like the 3rd time you use it.

Ah yeh i getcha just letting u know my experience as they were the first type of opks i used on month 1. I found out after, month 2 or 3 cant remember which, when i used cheappies that i, at that time, had 5 + opks before O but... Over a yr cycle changed and i now only get 3

You ladies really are full of so much useful info!
So glad I joined this forum! <3

How similar are AF symptoms vs having actually caught and got pregnant.

only asking as i am starting to get cramps i think? they are a case of are they arent they cramps sorta thing.. but still not a good sign for me :( 7dpo

So I’m confused! I went to the nurse this evening thinking I have a pelvic prolapse and she thinks I’ve got mild thrush (I have none of the symptoms, I was gobsmacked when she said, not that it’s an issue) which has caused inflamation. Happy of course that its not a prolapse (still gonna be getting in those pelvic floor exercises!) but she also said that some of my womb hadn’t quite gone back to the right place yet so she wants to examine me 2 weeks after my next period.

So now I’m panicking because of the potential positive line on the FRER yesterday and I’m scared that if I am pregnant I’m going to miscarry again.
I didn’t want to say anything to the nurse because it’s not confirmed I am pregnant.
Am I being silly?

So I’m confused! I went to the nurse this evening thinking I have a pelvic prolapse and she thinks I’ve got mild thrush (I have none of the symptoms, I was gobsmacked when she said, not that it’s an issue) which has caused inflamation. Happy of course that its not a prolapse (still gonna be getting in those pelvic floor exercises!) but she also said that some of my womb hadn’t quite gone back to the right place yet so she wants to examine me 2 weeks after my next period.

So now I’m panicking because of the potential positive line on the FRER yesterday and I’m scared that if I am pregnant I’m going to miscarry again.
I didn’t want to say anything to the nurse because it’s not confirmed I am pregnant.
Am I being silly?

I’d feel the same way too, so no, you’re not being silly. Obviously when you hear that, you might worry regardless if you had a BFP or not. Can you do another frer tomorrow and if it’s still positive then phone the nurse? She’ll be able to reassure you, Once you’ve told her. Did she seem concerned? It could just be one of those things that they want to keep an eye on, especially if she’s given you two weeks to come back, it doesn’t sound urgent.

I’d feel the same way too, so no, you’re not being silly. Obviously when you hear that, you might worry regardless if you had a BFP or not. Can you do another frer tomorrow and if it’s still positive then phone the nurse? She’ll be able to reassure you, Once you’ve told her. Did she seem concerned? It could just be one of those things that they want to keep an eye on, especially if she’s given you two weeks to come back, it doesn’t sound urgent.
I was going to do the FRER in the morning anyway as it'll have been 48 hrs since the last so wanted to check the line was getting darker.
I’ve got to ring back in a week anyway for results so if I am pregnant I’ll mention it and see if she can call me back.
She wasn’t overly concerned but I’m worried that if my body hasn’t fully recovered I’ll miscarry again.
Although saying that I didn’t think my. Oft would ovulate, let alone get pregnant again until it had recovered.

Also thank you for saying I’m not being silly!!

How similar are AF symptoms vs having actually caught and got pregnant.

only asking as i am starting to get cramps i think? they are a case of are they arent they cramps sorta thing.. but still not a good sign for me :( 7dpo
I cramped at 7dpo did a test and got bfp lol

Also thank you for saying I’m not being silly!!

Definitely not silly! The thing is, I think regardless of what she told you at the apt, everyone worries if the worse will happen, especially after having a miscarriage. So try and focus on your BFP and take it day to day.

I would feel the exact same way though. The hardest thing about this TTC journey is that it’s pretty much it’s all out of our control which is so frustrating.

Keep us updated and on your frer tomorrow!!!

I cramped at 7dpo did a test and got bfp lol
Its scary how alike non pg and pg 2ww symtoms are!!
Can I ask you (and others) randomly for advice on toothache i cannot sleep for life of me 1am knackard and cant sleep!
Whilst id hate to be pregnant and downing pain relief i also am likely not and need alternate pain relief!! I have been using anaddin extra at the moment. Should i be worried about what pain relief i am using or not till i know?
Im 8dpo today and i am starting to feel sick overnight but apart from that 0 symptoms and not convinced feeling sick is linked to being pg at all probably just because toothache etc!
Any advice please at wits end :( do i tell dentists / 111 if gets to that i could be pregnant or does that make me sound completely stupid!?

FRER this morning :-(
Line still there but I don’t think it’s any darker. Not enough for 48hrs.
Is there any hope? :-(

194EFE96-B296-4CC4-B235-379158122472.jpeg

Its scary how alike non pg and pg 2ww symtoms are!!
Can I ask you (and others) randomly for advice on toothache i cannot sleep for life of me 1am knackard and cant sleep!
Whilst id hate to be pregnant and downing pain relief i also am likely not and need alternate pain relief!! I have been using anaddin extra at the moment. Should i be worried about what pain relief i am using or not till i know?
Im 8dpo today and i am starting to feel sick overnight but apart from that 0 symptoms and not convinced feeling sick is linked to being pg at all probably just because toothache etc!
Any advice please at wits end :( do i tell dentists / 111 if gets to that i could be pregnant or does that make me sound completely stupid!?

I would tell them you’re ttc as you can’t take ibuprofen. I had no idea you were supposed to avoid it in tww and if you have it in first part of cycle it can stop or delay O. I’m just not going near it for the foreseeable. Hope you feel better x

FRER this morning :-(
Line still there but I don’t think it’s any darker. Not enough for 48hrs.
Is there any hope? :-(

View attachment 83203

How many dpo are you now Katie? In all honesty I probably would have expected it to have darkened more than that BUT pregnancy tests aren’t a good indication of HCG levels, depends of amount of dye in the test etc. Unfortunately I think it’s a case of waiting it out. I’m keeping everything crossed for you x

:gun:
How many dpo are you now Katie? In all honesty I probably would have expected it to have darkened more than that BUT pregnancy tests aren’t a good indication of HCG levels, depends of amount of dye in the test etc. Unfortunately I think it’s a case of waiting it out. I’m keeping everything crossed for you x
13DPO but that’s an estimate.
I thought it would have got darker so I’m not holding out much hope. Best just wait for AF to start now. :-(
Thank you x

Just looked at the tests side by side and they are the same darkness.
Trying to be hopeful that at least it hasn’t gone but why isn’t it darker?! :???:

Arrrr such a shame Katie! I would of expected the line to have got darker after 48 hours and at 13dpo. Really hope this isn’t the case but I’m wondering if it is an evap line that is showing on the tests?
I would wait to see if AF arrives when it’s suppose to and then test again if it doesn’t appear xx

Arrrr such a shame Katie! I would of expected the line to have got darker after 48 hours and at 13dpo. Really hope this isn’t the case but I’m wondering if it is an evap line that is showing on the tests?
I would wait to see if AF arrives when it’s suppose to and then test again if it doesn’t appear xx

It’s definitely pink but obviously pretty faint (not as faint as it looks on the pictures).
My cycle is usually 28 days and that was Friday so I was thinking maybe AF will come tomorrow, 2 weeks after O.
I knew in my heart this wouldn’t be a proper positive :-( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back