January 2019 testing

Aunt Flo is a bloody sneaky sod isn’t she?? :afalert:

Cycle Day 1 for me which came out of no were!!
So sorry sjf, I get the feeling I'm going to be joining you this week, no sign of af yet but I don't feel like a test would be positive either so I haven't bothered testing

I really wish I didn’t obsess and want to test so early. When I got my BFP in July it was so unexpected and lovely to wait to test a few days past AF being due but this is what you’re like when you really want something so bad haha x

Can I just say ladies, please don’t stress about how many times you DTD over your ovulation and fertile window. This last cycle I ovulated on CD 18 - we DTD on CD 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19 and 21 but got a BFN. The months when I’ve got my BFP (but MC) we DTD once around 2-3 days before ovulation so it really is just luck a lot of the time. Obviously DTD more makes the odds better but there’s no use stressing about it (easier said than done)! I think we all need reminding at times that the TTC journey is hard enough without putting too much pressure on ourselves. Obviously DTD as much as possible and as much as you want to ;) but don’t worry if you’ve DTD enough because you only need to do it once for it to be your lucky cycle! Xx

Can I just say ladies, please don’t stress about how many times you DTD over your ovulation and fertile window. This last cycle I ovulated on CD 18 - we DTD on CD 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19 and 21 but got a BFN. The months when I’ve got my BFP (but MC) we DTD once around 2-3 days before ovulation so it really is just luck a lot of the time. Obviously DTD more makes the odds better but there’s no use stressing about it (easier said than done)! I think we all need reminding at times that the TTC journey is hard enough without putting too much pressure on ourselves. Obviously DTD as much as possible and as much as you want to ;) but don’t worry if you’ve DTD enough because you only need to do it once for it to be your lucky cycle! Xx

Totally agree, my last pregnancy we had only DTD once that month. The same with worrying about positions, it just needs to be once at the right time in any position you like! X

Completely agree, 3 times for us we have had a positive having only dtd once, one daughter, one early miscarriage and one tfmr.
Maybe I should try that again next month! ;-)

I’ve just looked at it again and I really do think it’s a positive :)
I’m sure the other ladies on here will get their best eyes out and see what they think of it too!

Oh how exciting! Depends on how many tests you’ve got whether you test tomorrow or leave it till weds, I know after my chemical and blighted ovum when I got my bfp I told myself I would not test, I would see if my period was at least a week late then do one digital only, :rotfl: well as you can imagine I was testing at 8dpo that cycle, lol, if you have more frers and want to check line progression then go for it tomorrow, but it may not give you much of a darker line really so if you don’t have many frers maybe wait until weds xx

This made me laugh!! I said the exact same thing after my chemical. That I would wait till my period was late or the day of AF. Roll on 9dpo and I was testing again hahahaha

Definitely a line bonjourkatie congrats!! You can join us in the September mums thread now lol

Completely agree, this month we only dtd once a few days before because of illness and a loss of a family member but we got a positive! Shame it didn’t stick but it just goes to show it’s pure luck!

i was like this for this month aswell :( as for some reason i didnt get a positive opk till cd:15 / 31st dec and i usually get 3 days + , 1 day - on - day i ovulate.. however this time i get cd:15 blazing + and cd:16 blazing cd:17 is it / isnt it? cd:18 negative.. turns out i ovulated 1st jan, cd:16 accord to temps atleast :( meaning i only hit -1 and O day and like many others i was like crap that is not enough time bla bla

I agree with you @Sjf0709
It’s clesrly just down to luck isn’t it. My friend went to a gynaecologist and the consultant told her you only need to DTD every other day from cd10 to cd22.
I think just do what works for you as a couple. Some people may not be able to DTD as much as some others.
Personally for me i think baby dance as much as you can before you know your going to ov. It most likely the swimmers that are already up there will be one catching the egg xx

Im 7 dpo today and have no symptoms really at all. I keep wanting to look for them and find them and try to stop myself.
Todays temp is 0.30 lower - i am worried this is because i never was that hot before just oversleeping before as i had had a long xmas break off work etc and was sleeping a LOT!
i have some weird 'feelings' in lower tummy area / usual area for af cramps that i cannot sit here and say they are cramps but the area does feel weird and tense almost, like usual non pregnant cramps are coming :(
really wanted to be september baby and i feel its not ganna be :(
ttc is HORRIBLE!

I agree with you @Sjf0709
It’s clesrly just down to luck isn’t it. My friend went to a gynaecologist and the consultant told her you only need to DTD every other day from cd10 to cd22.
I think just do what works for you as a couple. Some people may not be able to DTD as much as some others.
Personally for me i think baby dance as much as you can before you know your going to ov. It most likely the swimmers that are already up there will be one catching the egg xx

i agree to a extent but isnt that the point of opks? to give you a 3day window? as everything ive read/seen says sperm cant get up there unless you are close to O as the cm isnt right etc? but you are right every 2 days does seem a magic number every dr etc quotes

@Sjf0709 im so sorry AF got you :( and as for the dtd theory, i definitely agree however i am not sure when I ovulate so decided to bd more this month just not to miss that egg... :p
@bonjourkatie congrats!!! I see a line, definitely :)
@kristenann ttc is indeed horrible :( I wish people could just choose, whenever they are ready to have a baby press a button and boom! pregnant!!!

i agree to a extent but isnt that the point of opks? to give you a 3day window? as everything ive read/seen says sperm cant get up there unless you are close to O as the cm isnt right etc? but you are right every 2 days does seem a magic number every dr etc quotes
Yes I mean DTD as you get to your very near peak and then your peak.
Like if you don’t manage to DTD the 3 days after ov and only every other day like normal then I don’t see it being a big factor.

FF users i dont know who looks @ the pregnancy monitor bit but is always bugged me.. my temps went down today 0.30 and yet it goes "temps on the uptrend noticed in 67% charts 7dpo" wait what? Mine just went down? Why is it always seemingly behind on this?

Sorry AF arrived sjf :hug:

I see your line too bonjourkatie, exciting!

I used to show OH positive OPKs but not BFNs, he would ask if I tested though and I’d be honest. X

So I'm so upset right now! :( I am at my fertile window right now, I'm sure ovulation happened or will happen maybe tomorrow and I got BV (bacterial vaginosis)! :( All the cycle goes to pooper! I hate this ;(

Yes I mean DTD as you get to your very near peak and then your peak.
Like if you don’t manage to DTD the 3 days after ov and only every other day like normal then I don’t see it being a big factor.
Just so everyone knows the egg only lives 24 hrs after ovulation and it takes sperm 12 hrs to get to the Fallopian tube, so if you’re waiting till you ovulate to bd it’s already too late, you need to be doing it for the 5 days before you actually ovulate so that you get as many sperm up into the Fallopian tubes waiting on the egg as you can get.

So I'm so upset right now! :( I am at my fertile window right now, I'm sure ovulation happened or will happen maybe tomorrow and I got BV (bacterial vaginosis)! :( All the cycle goes to pooper! I hate this ;(
Oh Zeni :(
Lets hope that ovulation already happened. I think by what you said yesterday you will be covered if you have ovulated xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back