• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jacob David 04/08/2012

Yeah they're being very thorough, which I'm happy about, he's got his ct scan consultation on 15th may so I know it'll be before then. I might give them a call today and just let tem know I haven't got the scan date yet x

null.jpg

null-1.jpg

null-2.jpg

This one is my favourite though :)
null-3.jpg

I had a phone call on my house phone yesterday morning from the hospital; they asked us if there is a time of day jacob has a good nap as they want to do his CT scan without sedating him, and asked us to take Jacob up.
Jacob was quite tired but I had to keep him awake in the car so he's sleep at the hospital, we got to the hospital, went and spoke to the radiology dr (Katie) and then tried to get Jacob to fall asleep; we first took him a walk inside the hospital but that didn't work as the corridors are smooth, next we took him for a walk around the carpark, where he fell asleep until a gust of wind blew into the pushchair and woke him, so we walked around the carpark again and got him back to sleep, we went back into the hospital and got in the lift where the lift voice woke him up. Knowing that this was then going to be harder than we first thought we decided to go back to the waiting room (being a Saturday there was no one there) and put lullabies on on Mikey's phone, and face the pushchair towards a dark corridor, he was just about to drop off when te loudest nurse in the history of time came out and turned the lights on and asked us if we were waitin for someone to which I responded that we were TRYING to get our baby to sleep so he didn't have to be sedated for his scan, this obviously woke Jacob up again, I tried cuddles I tried rocking I tried pretty much anything. We then went to speak to Katie again who turned the light of in a tiny side waiting room where we put the lullabies back on and faced Jacob to the wall an left him to his own devices, 10 mins later he was fast asleep, so we took him in for his scan, got him on the bed and then Katie strapped him to the bed and he stayed fast asleep for the whole scan, also I stayed I the room with him the whole time. So long story short he's now had his scan and we have just got to wait for a consultation to be rearranged :) woo hoo.

Oh wowser, so happy to hear poor little man didn't have to be sedated...

Yay to having the scan out of the way hun, that must be a relief (although I guess you just want the results now!!)

xxxxxxx

Thanks hunny, yeah a very big relief, as for the results I would like them asap obviously, but at the same time if there is anything wrong I don't think I want to know this side of our holiday, iykwim?

Oh yeah Jacob is now 9 months :shock:

Happy 9 months to the gorgeous little Jacob

xxxxxxx

Jacob has had his consultation, he hasn't got hydrocephalus which is great, he does have fluid around his brain but it is not in the ventricles (benign macrocephaly) which causes the enlarging of his head, which will sort it's self out over time :) x

Jacob has had his consultation, he hasn't got hydrocephalus which is great, he does have fluid around his brain but it is not in the ventricles (benign macrocephaly) which causes the enlarging of his head, which will sort it's self out over time :) x

That is such good news Sal, you must be thrilled??

So happy for little legs (and for you and hubby of course!)

xxxxxxx

Thanks ladies, I must admit I'm over the moon, 1 less thing to worry about - how are you both?

Hey hey how are you all? Just realised how long I have been AWOL for :shock: so here's an update for you.

Jacob is doing well, he now has 4 teeth, says dada, mum and ta and trying to say other words such as dog, he is dragging himself along the carpet (still not crawling and still doesn't sit up from lying down or visaversa) he's starting to get a little bit more hair although its so fine and fair it's hard to tell lol, he loves Thomas the tank engine theme tune, we have milkshake on in the morning before breakfast.

I'm still on maternity leave (with no pay) I will be returning to work in September, we have signed Jacob up at a local children's centre for 1 day a week, my mom will have him 1 day a week and my inlaws have offered to do the same so we'll see what days I'm working etc. Mikey on the other hand has been working away for the last 4 1/2 weeks and has at least another 3 1/2 weeks to go, he's home weekends but its really not fair on Jacob, he smiles at his dad wen he sees him but then puts his arms out to me, it's heart breaking.

We have got a heart scan today so daddy has come home to go with us, meaning he'll be on the road at 3:30 in the morning.

We are also waiting for an urology appointment to see if he needs his undescended testicle needs operating on.

Lovely to hear little Jacob is doing so well.

Hope the heart scan is positive and also the decision about the testes, much better to get anything ' down there' sorted out before he is older.

How are you feeling about going back to work hun??

My OH worked away for two months when we first moved in together (home at weekends) and I hated it.... Bet you both miss him so much! Not much longer now though

xxxxxx

Yeah I definitely hate him working away it just doesn't seem fair when noone else in the company are having to and he i te only one who is married and has a baby.

I really don't wanna go back, I'm agency anyway and the school I was at no longer exist so I won't be returning to somewhere I know, I wish we had the financial security for my to be able to be a SAHM, but we just haven't.

I agree it's better to get Jacobs testes sorted while he is young although I'd obviously prefer him not to have to have an operation, bless him.

As for today's appointment, Jacob has had his scan and they are pretty convinced he has HoCM (same as Mikey has) he will be having a repeat scan again in 2 months as its very different in babies to adults in that babies are still growing so it may stay the same or may worsen, they don't know, they also found a home in his heart today but its tiny so they are not too worried, also the pinch in his aorta is still there, but again they are not too concerned at the moment x

Last edited:
As I always say hun, it's better they know so they can monitor little legs, I know it's not ideal news of course but at least you have the knowledge?

xxxx

I'm due to return to work in September (It's an agency though so who know what will happen lol)

Jacob is doing well, he'll be 1 on Sunday, can't believe how quickly it has gone. He has started to pull himself up to standing now bless him and is trying to get into everything; he is doing really well with his finger food, as well as with his spooned food, he eats pretty much anything I put in front of him. He says dad, mum, ta, doh (dog)

Other than that Jacob...

• has had a cpnfirmed diagnosis of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy so we have to go to the hospital for scans every couple of months, he also has to have 24 hour heart monitors fitted every 6-12monts and we record everything he does during that time.
• has a hospital appointment on 2nd September with a paediatric surgeon to look at his testis that has still not come down.

BCH (Birmingham children's hospital) have also requested to see gis CT scan results on his brain due to his HC being on 98th centile while his height is below 0.4 and his weight is approx 25th; they have alsp requested that my local hospital screen Jacob for noonans syndrome (not a clue what it is can only find the symptoms and basic info on the net about this condition)

Good to see an update Sal,

I'd steer well clear of Google hun, wait and see what the consultant says before you start researching and stuff? No sense in worrying about little legs having something that he may not???

How are you feeling about the heart diagnosis? Is there anything that can be done.

Finally - and most importantly - it sounds as though Jacob is thriving! You are doing a bloody wonderful job!

Piccies please :lol:

xxxxxxx

Because we expected the diagnosis I'm ok, I prepared myself for the news if I'm honest, this is why I was looking up noonans, mad I know.

Here are some recent piks for you...

null-8.jpg

null-7.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members