its not funny anymore now..

isobel84

Reaction score
a few weeks ago i kept telling Demba that it is obvious who our son loves more, that he dont like his daddy and all that, and yeah it was something we joked about.. but now.. im almost 27 weeks and Demba have still not felt Noa kick..
I feel it all the time, seen it on my tummy for weeks.. but as soon as Demba put his hands on my tummy.. nothing..
When Noa kicks i tell him but Noa always stops.

He have kicked Demba loads of times but only when hes been sleeping with his hand on my tummy..

Demba says to leave Noa alone and that he will kick when hes ready.. but i know he feel diferent... I dont aloud anyone else to feel my tummy cuz i want Demba to feel it before my friends!

Anyone else that have had a stubborn baby?:wall2:

Is there a time when your Noa kicks more?
After you've eaten, maybe, or when you're tired, or in the bath or anything?
Maybe if, around the time Noa kicks the most, you have Demba watch your tummy?

Also, it might sound a bit weird, but you can stimulate an unborn baby with sound and light... try shining a torch on one side of your belly, or playing Noa some music?

Hope he gets his kick soon!

Even after Jamie felt our LO move he/she still freezes whenever his hands go near my bump! lol!

Hope Demba feels little Noa soon hun :) x

i ve tried it all.. :( Maybe i just have to accept.. it will be mummys boy..

Nahh, just because he hasn't kciked Demba yet doesn't mean he'll be a "mummy's boy" or that he loves Demba any less!

It just means he's got bad timing, is all :p

My bubs is stubborn too - although OH has felt him move, not one other person has, as soon as their hands go near my tummy he freezes - i think he thinks its funny!

Hope he gets to feel him soon xxx

Mines exactly the same Hun! My little boys kicks ALL the time and as soon as Lee puts his hand on my bump nothing! I find it so frustrating! I've come to the conclusion that perhapsthey like the warmth of their hands?

Last edited:
i think he just want to wind daddy up cuz when im on my own its all about noa, but when OH is here it all about him.. cuz hes so sexy and gorgeous and i just cant get enough :love: :shy:

molly hasnt felt jellybean yet either everytime i call her over she stops kicking luckily she not taking it personally

Mines the same!! i have learnt that baby has a proper moment as soon as i lay flat then if OH puts his hand on my belly and leaves it there eventually baby will move!!! unfortunately noone else has felt it yet though!!!!

We were having this problem too and put it down to the fact that my OH's hands are a lot bigger than mine and a lot warmer generally so baby wasn't used to them, so a few weeks ago he put the back of his hand on my bump which meant he was a lot lighter and gentler and baby kicked away happily thinking it was just me - he was thrilled.

our LO does this. I think a combination of me speaking to tell OH that he's moving, then my OHs hand going on there makes the baby stop. Now I try and grab his hand without talking. If OH puts his hand on and doesnt realy press down and just waits really still, baby will only stop moving for a moment then will carry on. It is really annoying isnt it!! OH sometimes lies on the sof awith his cheek against my bump as we watch tele, little one gets used to him being there after a minute or so and carrys on as usual. x

i thought last night would be the night.. we went out for dinner, we had such a lovely time talking about Noa and we were just really loved up and i knew it would happend as the night had been so perfect... but nothing.. he kicked alright, but towards my back so the kicks couldnt be felt on my tummy :(

It took a while for my OH to feel Odhrán kicking, but after a while he got the hang of what to do, and what to feel for.. I used to have to sit and concentrate saying "now" everytime he kicked, but then after a while OH would just put his hand on himself and know what to feel for :) Nearer the end they had a little game going lol OH also felt Odhrán kicking his side when we were lying in bed.. Tell him to be patient and just leave his hand on your tummy.. LO will be kicking him hard soon :) xx

Pip was the same with DH, it is probably only recently that DH regularly feels Pip, but I think DH is a bit heavy handed sometimes which makes Pip hide...

yeah took a while for my oh to feel baby kick too but now he kicks lumps out of him at night when going to sleep its quite funny actually haha

well.. still nothing.. I think OH is giving up abit aswell as hes not feeling my tummy as much more then giving it a stroke and a kiss now and again :(

Kick him back?

Ok I dont mean literally :p But when my splodge kicks, if i tap my fingers on my tummy (like when your trying to piss someone off by tapping the table :p) and it always gets another couple kicks out of him (Am I mean? :p)

I think the warmth does settle them.. If i leave my hand on my tummy, splodge doesnt kick atall, but he does respond to a little light pressure. (Wow i sound like im beating the baby up! lol i swear im gentle! the midwife does more damage >.<)

yeah i do that al the time :D
Im hoping that tonight will be the night..

Oh and to make you feel a lil better..

FOB's voice used to set off my morning sickness, splodge REALLY doesnt like him lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back