a little bit scared

isobel84

Reaction score
Demba told me tonight that he will prob not be able to have more then 1 day of work when noa has come, if he does -his job will be given to someone else and we cant afford him to loose anything (hes self employed)

I had this backup friend that have said to me that as soon as Demba need to go back to work she will come n keep me company and help me as much as she can until my mum makes it here from sweden..
well she fell over yesterday and badely broke her leg in 2 places bless her so i wont be able to see her..

My mum is having something done to her foot next monday so she cant come before next tuesday.. which mean.. if noa comes this week im totally on my own with a newborn and i have never looked after a baby in my life..
OH says im silly to worry "it comes natural, dont tell me you cant look after your own child, all they do is sleep!" :wall2:

DICKHEAD! like i need the pressure!!

:cry:

Remember you always have us ladies for support and to answer any questions/help as much as we can xxxx

Hey hon, it must be scary - do u have any other close friends nearby or any family or Demba's family that can be on hand? x x x

noa might be late, i kno u dont want him to be, but if he just hangs in there til ur mum gets here everythin will be fine, maybe he knows he has to stay in for a bit longer

xxx

aw hun am sure you will be a natural and you will have him all to yourself to bond too so that's a good point about it and as kay126 said you have support here if and when you need it xx

Evelina - I know I'm a 3rd time mum but lee only had one day off too ( new job) and i was nervous. The biggest challenge was letting myself rest! I done too much too soon and had a bit of a breakdown to hubby. We agreed that he would do certain things to help me out when he is home to take the pressure off a bit.

I promise you, you'll be just fine... Being a new mum is kinda like on the job training! I didn't have a clue what winding was when I had my first! Every day will be a learning curve and youll do just fine. As long as Demba pulls his finger out when he is there and you've always got us for advice and support.

:hug: as much as i hate to say it, first borns are usually late :hug: and tbh, when they're that tiny, they do sleep a lot! my two just slept, fed and pooped for the first few weeks! and ok their routines were out, so they were up all night and slept all day, but you can sleep when they sleep! and make sure when D finishes work at the end of the day, he does your pots and get loads of ready meals in! and we're always here for chats and any advice :hug:

dont worry you will be fine it all comes naturally you will just know what to do. i didnt have a clue either i have never been around babies or changed nappies or anything but i just knew what to do when he was here plus that couple of days in hospital you learn right away. And as everyone else has says all they do is sleep thats so true so its not that bad honestly xxx

so excited for you anyday now

Last edited:
Scary as it seems, it might be nice to spend the time getting to know your little one... and your oh will be home each day? you might just enjoy it... i remember people coming and going all day for a week when my son was born...stitched practically from arse to elbow and no seat in my own house!!! sorry tmi :blush: but i wished they would all just go away so i could chill when LO slept.

Different this time as i have my son already, cant see how i would juggle 2 single-handed...

like the others said, your forum buddies will still be here! xx

skimpy - the first week's hard whilst you get used to it, but it soon becomes routine to work out which needs you more and ignore the other one whilst you see to them!

Glad you're feeling better honey x we're all here to help if you have any questions or just want some support x

yeah joshua just ate pooped and slept for the first two weeks (well hes just started getting temperemental lol!) dont worry about it, cos you have us and i wouldnt mind if you needed to call up and have a whinge or a moan or some advice, (again i know im not a dab hand at motherhood) but sometimes its just nice to talk to someone! dont wory though, you will be fine, it is scary im not gonna lie but you cope and get o nwith it and it works out fine! it is true though, he is your baby and you will somehow know what to do even if it feels your fumbling through it at first!! its exactly how i felt though and we're fine!! also try and get your midwife to come as often as you need her (unless you dont like her lol) my MW was coming everyday for almost a week at one point cos i needed the support adn she was fine with it!! even if there were days i sat and blubbed for her lol! just dont panic cos you will manage i promise and honestly if you were to need a chat or something you can always call/text me, even if we just guess what to do together :p x

I agree with everyone else, you will be just fine. I had no clue when I brought Freddie home, everything the mws at the hosp said had gone straight over my head I was so shell shocked so I just use a mental checklist now - is he hungry, does he need changing, is he just tired, is he too hot/cold - and that has got us through the first 2 weeks absolutely fine. And you must sleep when he does, I didn't the first couple of days and then had a complete meltdown cos I was so tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back