separation anxiety

when we are at todlder group or rhyme time noa is everywhere else but by my side.
hes not scared or shy, just full of curiosity and play.

I only trust OH and my parents with LO, I wouldn't even let the inlaws have him. When we go to toddler group he is very shy at first but soon warms up. If I were to leave him with someone he didn't know, I think he'd be devastated. This may sound bad to some but the way I see it, he's only 14 months old and still has plenty of time to build his confidence up before starting school.

I only trust my OH with my 2 yr old. MIL said today that I shoudl take LO over to hers next week for the afternoon. I smiled said yes but I wont ha ha. Im having head staggers for when Im in labor and who is going to look after LO. Ive told OH that LO is to stay at home and they can come look after him here and that I will be out of hospital as soon as is healthy. Im getting better but I dont care anymore and am reassured by this thread. My LO is so confident now and I put that down to the fact that I dont leave with him anyone and everyone. I had my child to be a parent not to pass him off to everyone and anyone. I do work too not full time but we are lucky that we can afford to do that. But I do trust the childminder more than the grandparents x

....oh I went to IKEA the other day and LO was with my mum for 4 hours and I was like "OK enough, ive had enough I want to go back now" ha ha what a nutter

Sod it. To be perfectly honest, and I know I'll get bashed for this, but I do think some people use the fact that they hate their in-laws as an excuse not to let them look after the child. I don't know, maybe I'm just bitter because I'd rather not let my in-laws take Poppy out for a couple of hours, but I DO because its good for me AND her. I don't think letting my in-laws take her out for an hour or two every week (or every now & then, because its not necessarily every week) makes me any less of a good parent.

Oh, and of course I have my own issues with MIL, (you've probably seen a couple of posts on here by me about her) but when it comes down to it she IS a good person and I do trust her 100% with LO. Definitely more so than leaving her with a childminder, which I can't imagine ever doing!

I think it comes down to the Mummy: if the Mummy is happy to let the grandparents help out & take baby for a few hours a week then that is the Mummy's prerogative. Likewise, if the Mummy doesn't feel comfortable leaving the baby then they shouldn't be apart from their baby. At the end of the day as long as Mum & baby are happy then it shouldn't matter what the arrangements are. I am a total Mummy Lion but I am also only one person and no matter how much I want to do it all - I can't. My Mum now has Weds afternoons off work (it was her suggestion, I didn't ask!) so I can do a bit of housework, catch up on some sleep etc And hubby has started taking little girl out Saturday mornings so that I can do the same. We have to please ourselves really & do what suits us xxx

The only reason I wouldn't let my inlaws have LO is that he would come home stinking of fags, having been fed tea and chocolate biscuits all day, not taken out for a walk and covered in dog hairs....I don't 'hate' them though!

I let my friend have charley yesterday while I took Lacey to a party. He cried for the 1st half hour apparently, kept crawling to the front door but after he calmed down, he was fine. I fill abit better knowing I can leave him with someone for abit.
I can't leave him with in laws though, only cos mil has never even met him so she'd have no right to look after him and FIL wouldn't have a clue how to look after him cos he was never around when his kids were young and has hardly seen my kids either!

I feel really bad now, I'm forever sending liv over to my mums :blush: she's staying there thursday and Friday night this week then Saturday night next week. But saying that I only trust my mum. My brother and his girlfriend took her to the safari park not too long ago and I was a nervous wreck! But only because neither of them had ever changed a nappy :wall: anyway she came back fine after having a lovely time do I suppose I now trust them to have her too, but only for the day I wouldn't let them have her overnight x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back