How did you tell your partner that you're pregnant?

bwakeling

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for stories to be published on Parentdish on ways you've told your partner that you're pregnant! I'm after stories which are 'out of the ordinary' - did you come up with a novel or wacky way of telling him? And how did he react?

Would love to hear your stories, however original you think they may be!

Ben xx

I told him I was doing a test, we were ttc and I was a week late. A test the previous week at 1 day late was negative. I did the test, faint line came up, I took it to him, waved it in his face and said no way is that a positive? He said yes and hugged me and then I made him come with me to buy more tests lol

We were very happy as we were trying for a baby, and now we have our beautiful son :love:

I told him while we were walking to his halls. He didn't believe me so we turned around, went to asda and I promtly drank more water than should probably be consumed and hovered over the sink in his halls room with a carefully placed wine glass in between my legs.

Safe to say those 2 tests were positive and he proceeded to drink a large bottle of gin.

He loves her now though :) But I doubt Ill be telling my child this story.

Last edited:
I was less friendly.... We didn't think i was pregnant but were testing because i wanted to take Starflower Oil to regulate my cycles and wanted to check to be on the safe side. My OH was still in bed waiting for me to come back. I had absolutely no idea how to react or feel since it wasn't planned just a "see if it happens" When i came in, i threw it and the instructions at him with a grumpy "here, a present" and let him work it out for himself. He spent 5 minutes turning it round and round trying to work out what it meant, only for me to say "it reads the same no matter which way you hold it" He got a slight on the on arm when he grinned and informed me that he has "super spunk!"

I didn't think there was anything special about telling my OH, just showed him my pregnancy test with '2-3 weeks' on and expected a smile. All I got was 'yeah right, whatever'...I was disappointed at his lack of excitement until I realised it was April Fools Day! He thought I'd done some elaborate trick :lol:

We had been ttc for 2 years. So we went for testing. I was all ok and my OH had to do a sperm test. He was so embarrassed about it and had to take the day off work so that he could be alone in the house while he um... did the deed :) he then had to run to the hospital to give the still warm sample and was embarrased when the receptionist held the pot uo to the light and said "yep that shoud be enough!"

The next day, when he was off to work, i realised that my AF was a few days late but something made me dig out an old unused test. Lo and behold, it was a BFP! :)

I tested him at about 10am asking him to please come home early cos I had summat to tell him only to get a reply from him that he was sorry but work was very busy and he would be back at 3ish.

Hours of wandering round and discovering this forum!

He came home at 4pm, by then I just couldnt contain myself any more and so I got the stick and waved it in his face!

His reaction went summat like this "congratulations" all very formal like he had nothing to do with it. Looking back now, I see it was shock rather than disinterest. Then about 15 mins later, "are you sure!?" Followed by "Wow.....oh wow.....wow.....I must stop saying wow.....oh wow...--" on and on like that for a good while. :)

Then when the penny finally dropped, it was "do you mean I did all that yesterday for nothing!?" :rofl:

Last edited:
My period was due 2 days before Father's day and didn't show so I bought a pregnancy test and wrapped it up (unused) and gave it to my hubby on Father's day with a note saying 'Happy Father's day?' He unwrapped it and then I did the test and gave it back to him. He watched the second line develop and could not stop smiling!!

Just popped in to say - great stories girls!!! xx

I agree, great stories so far! The Parentdish piece has definitely been commissioned, so keep your stories coming!

mine is not original at all! It was near xmas and OH was on work drinks night out, about 9pm. I had been to the school where I used to teach, to see the xmas play, it was very cute, 8 yrear olds doing the russian trad tale 'baboushka' (sp) all about what a 'gift' is. (did not know I would be finding out about my gift too that night!)
Thought may aswell test for the heck of it when I got home, as was 1 or 2 days late. DID NOT expect to be a bfp! Rang my OH who was on his work drinks and fairly drunk by this point! He found it v hard not to tell the rest of his group!
I then rang my best friend and then I think I cried for 2 hors of shock and being overwhelmed. Of course I think I also had a lovely argument with OH when he got home cos of all the weird and flying emotions!!

I think every time I've told o/h I've got a BFP it has started with me in tears lol I think now when he walks in the door and I start blubbering im pregnant lol

It was the week of our wedding anniversary I bought an I love my daddy baby grow and gave it him with the digi test :) xxx

Ahh, I was 10 days late, C insisted he "knew" I was pregnant, but a test was yet to prove him right. He bought 2 pregnancy tests that morning, I wanted them the second they were put in his hand, but he had to go to work until 3. I held my pee in all day, I was dancing, twisting, crossing my legs counting the minutes. He finally came to the door after work, the tests were in his mums so up we went (me sprinting hoping that I could hold it in just a bit longer).. We got there eventually, his bathroom door was broken. It only opened from the outside so he told me to knock when I wanted out :oooo: So I went in armed with my little plastic pot and the stick that is still upstairs wrapped in tissue in my knicker drawer, filled the pot, put it on the window sill, popped in the stick and within 30 seconds, the 2 thickest blue lines appeared, I actually closed my eyes and shook my head, I didn't believe it.. I emptied the pot, wrapped it in toilet paper, whacked it in my pocket and knocked the door, my face must have said it all, he said with the smuggest look "I told you so" he hugged me hard, we went into his room and just stared at each other between hugs and kisses, nervous laughs and looks of disbelief.. I can't remember how many times we looked at that little stick that had in seconds changed our lives, I still have a little look now and can feel everything I felt that day locked in the toilet x

Aw that was such a lovely story Jen, brought tears to my eyes! :blush: x

Love this thread. :love: x

Well I was due AF on 23rd March 2010 and decided to be naughty and test on the 21st came up a very very faint line so ran into the bedroom and shouted "We did it" and shown him the faintest line ever!!!
Obviously OH didn't believe me as we were trying for 6 months with no sucess, and I knew for a fact I was pregnant just something inside me told me that I were, So invested in a CB digi wich within minutes came up "Pregnant 1-2"

Nothing special but was special for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back