How did you tell your partner that you're pregnant?

I came downstairs after doing the test in floods of tears was so shocked!!

after the 12 week scan this is how I'm gonna tell my parents:-

Gonna go on moonpig and create my own card, gonna put '8 weeks ago' and put pics of pregnancy tests then 'now' with a pic of the scan. Then - 'congratulations, you are going to be grandparents!'

I made my best friend look at the test before I did, she nearly passed out with the shock and I had to get her some water. Then I had an agonising 6 hour wait for my boyfriend to get home from work....I made sure he was sitting down first cos at 6 foot 4 he's too much of a lump for me to move.
He went deathly white and swayed a bit before having a beer and taking himself off for a shower....he didn't sleep for 3 days and then had an agonising wait for my doc's appointment. Since then he keeps telling random strangers that he's going to be a dad lol

Me and my Hubby had only decided to stop using protection after my last AF which was in July. We had been discussing it for a while but I had not long had the implant removed and so thought it would take a while for my system to get back to normal. Anyway we didn't want to chart or take basal body temps, we just wanted to TTC naturally but decided if after 1 year there was no success we would try OV stick, charting etc.
So cue my first AF after using no protection....she's a no show....Cue me starting to think that we couldn't be this lucky!!! I wait until 2 days after my AF and decided to do a test. Hubby has no idea that i'm even late, nevermind taking a test so he's happily sitting on Facebook while i'm peeing on a stick!
Waiting the designated 2 minutes I'm sure that it's going to be negative and I can carry on as usual.....NOPE hello 2 pink lines it's a BFP!!!
I calmy get myself together and go into the next room where Hubby is still happily typing away on Facebook. I hide the test behind my back and tap him on the shoulder, smile at him and ask "How much do you love me?" He looks at me a bit strange and says "I love you loads and loads...Why?" So I say "Can I have a kiss?" As he gives me a kiss I pull the test out from behind me back and said "Suprise Daddy!" He takes the test out of my hand looks at it, looks at me, looks at it, looks at me and then says..."That's a bloody cross...THAT'S POSITIVE ISN'T IT!!!!!" Jumps up, gives me a massive hug and then legs it out the front door!!!! To be honest not the reaction I was hoping for. He returns about 10 minutes later with his arms full of roses of all different colours! We promptly went back out, together this time, to buy a clearblue digi test which said PREGNANT 2-3!

Chelb13

I did an IC first, went upstairs and said i had something to tell you. So we decided to take a superdrug test sat together. My partner was sat with me on the edge of the bath, he jus squeezed my hand so hard when the line started appearing. We both nearly cried. He is so happy.
I shall be 12 weeks on my grandmas birthday, so going to get her a great grandma card and put scan picture in it with can't wait to meet you on write my due date xx

I took 6 tests without telling him and refused to believe what they were saying. I phoned him and told him there was an emergency and he had to come home from work immediately...he was terrified especially when he came in and I was sobbing my eyes out! Id laid all the tests out on the mantlepiece and just pointed at them. We never spoke a word to each other for 3 days we were both so shocked and he came in late from work one night and he'd been buying baby things from the night I told him! I was so worried about his reaction but he was over the moon....when we finally spoke about it!

It wasnt uncommon for me to have a late period but after being a week late both me and OH decided that we should do a test so off he went to work the night before and came home with two digital tests for me to do. Because he works nights he often sleeps in a lot later than I do, so after waking up bursting for a wee I went off to the bathroom to do the test. It came back pregnant 3+ weeks almost instantly (hadnt even had time to get off the toilet) and I just remember kind of bouncing on the spot not knowing what to do.

Anyway, OH found out about the pregnancy by me passing him the pregnancy test whilst he was half asleep and getting into bed and cuddling up next to him :)

I'd done a test earlier in the day whilst hubby was at work and didn't want to tell him via text/ phone.

When he came home he walked in and said he had a surprise for me and I said, I have one for you too. He then produced a new kitchen bin. He was so proud of himself for buying something that I hadn't yet nagged him about, and that he had bought it in a colour that matched our colour scheme...for ages he stood there fiddling with the bin and opening and closing the lid and then he remembered that I had something for him. I told him about the positive test, and he looked at me - then at the bin and said at least you'll never forget the day I bought you a bin!

Anyway, OH found out about the pregnancy by me passing him the pregnancy test whilst he was half asleep and getting into bed and cuddling up next to him :)

I did this, OH was really hung over though.............................

I was 5 days late and was feeling tired with abad taste in my mouth all the time then when he was going out shopping i asked him to get me a pregnancy test and when he came back i tested and it was postive 2 lnes,i told him OMG iam pregnant and he said really ?that means our lifes are going to change from now on.That was it

I'd done a test earlier in the day whilst hubby was at work and didn't want to tell him via text/ phone.

When he came home he walked in and said he had a surprise for me and I said, I have one for you too. He then produced a new kitchen bin. He was so proud of himself for buying something that I hadn't yet nagged him about, and that he had bought it in a colour that matched our colour scheme...for ages he stood there fiddling with the bin and opening and closing the lid and then he remembered that I had something for him. I told him about the positive test, and he looked at me - then at the bin and said at least you'll never forget the day I bought you a bin!

<3 this!!

I intend to not get soooooooo over excited next time and actually plan something a but more special for hubby lol xx

I suspected i was pregnant and had gotten the faintest line on an IC 2 days before but squinting was the only way it could be seen so i got a superdrug test and couldnt contain myself when it came up positive, i rang him while he was on the school run and as soon as he answered told him i was pregnant!
Nothing really exciting but we do have a good plan to tell the family.....

We are going to get the girls tops printed saying "I am going to be a big sister!" but Jays daughters will read "AGAIN" at the end! :) We are going to spend a day or 2 visiting some family members hoping they will see the prints in their own time!

i put the test in an envelope and left it on the side for him.

he opened it, looked confused and said what does it mean lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back