How did your labour start?

Esperanza84

Reaction score
What were you doing? Were you induced? Did your water break'? Did you have period type of pains?? I'm curious to hear about how it all started - so share your stories:)

xx

Hi hun :) I'd went for my term appt and sweep at 40+2 and was already 2cm dilated. The sweep started me off though and at around tea time I was getting contractions! It wasn't until the next morning though they got regular. It was 40+6 that I ended up with an emergency c-section because my contractions were those of 8-10cm but my cervix wouldn't dilate even after my waters were broke and put on drip I only got to 7 before he got stressed :) would do it 100 times over for him tho hehe xx

I was induced and had the pessary inserted at about 10/11am and had my first contraction at 7pm. my waters were broke at 11am the next day (but nothing came out because baby was so low) and she was born by emergency section at 3pm because I'd been pushing for 2 hours and baby had got stuck.

It was all very gradual from that first contraction. I really didn't think induction was bad at all :)

Had what I thought was a very strong BH in bed, with a bit of period pain, got out, and good thing I did, as soon as I did I flooded the room - twice!

I just had contractions that got more intense over about 48 hours then my waters broke as I was getting ready to go to hospital. I didn't notice my plug or period pains or anything.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Wow! So interesting to hear your stories ladies:) And I'm glad you say you would do it 100 times over again for ur little ones. Must really be worth it!! Can't wait to have my little girl now:)

I went for a sweep but mw couldn't do it cos no sign of anything being ready. The next afternoon had period type pains that came and went, was skyping my sis in Canada and she informed me i was having them every 5 mins or so and suggested i ring the hosp! Faffed around for a couple more hours till they were about 2 mins apart , didn't think it would be labour lol! Went to hosp expecting to be sent home and i was 4cm!

Had 2 unsuccessful sweeps so was induced at 42 weeks(Friday). Induction began at about 8am & contractions started thick & fast at about 1230pm. 24 hours later was still only 3cm dilated so had an epidural & drip. My beautiful (although very bruised) son was born on the Sunday following an episiotomy, forceps and was finally delivered via emergency McRoberts procedure (as his shoulders got stuck & they nearly had to break his collar bone to get him out, poor wee thing). So never experienced a natural labour but am hoping to in the next 10 days before the beautiful big boy I'm carrying now is induced xxx

At 39 weeks ( the day of my surprise baby shower lol!!) I was in bed an woke up and there was some thick gloopy liquid at about 4am??!! Not lots but kept appearing. And very light period pains on and off, got checked by triage about 11am an they told me my waters had broken ( eventually after I was admitted much later we found it was only my hind waters) and sent me home basically said if nodding go into proper labour I ha to report in at 8am next day and but pains got worse till I had some blood appear and couldn't take pains no more so they admitted me about 9pm x

Routine midwife appointment at 35+5, BP check came back very high both times she checked it and lots of protein in urine. Was sent to hospital for more tests (had an ultrasound, BP checked every half hour and blood taken). Few hours later they came back saying I'd got suspected pre-eclampsia and was being transferred to labour ward to be induced that evening!

Had Noah 14 hours after the pessery was inserted :)

I had absolutely no signs until my waters broke. I felt a popping sensation and then 30 seconds later had my first contraction xx

Wow...I find it interesting that it can hPpend without any signs. Makes me realize it could happend to me now any day soon :shock:

:)

I had a sweep at 40+6 & again at 41+1 woke up on the morning I was 41+3 @ 5am with very strong contraction pains in my lower back and that was the start of things :)

I woke up with contractions and blood loss at round 3am. Continued to contract all day til my waters were finally broken for me at 11pm. He was then born just over 2hrs later - 22hrs in total x

I was induced at 37 weeks. Pessary was inserted at 3pm and then contractions started at 1am and had her at 11am. I had been having some braxton hicks pains and was similar to those really like period/bad aching pains and they increased I found walking and rocking on edge of chair helped and controlling my breathing. My waters didnt actualyl go till 7am i felt like a crack and then when went to the loo the pessary fell out and i was damp but not loads like I thought there would be XX

With my first I woke up the day after my due date to mild contractions which i had all day, then got stronger in the evening, had a bleed and went hospital at 2am and was already 6cm! Although he wasnt born untill 8.22am cos i had problems pushing!

With my second i was induced at 40+5 due to the fact he had stopped growing. Very positive induction!

With my third I went into early labour at 40+3 then the contractions stopped, then started again, then i had a little bleed, went into hospital to get the bleed checked at 40+6 and found my cervix was tightly closed and high! they decided to induce cos her heartrate kept dropping at every contraction. I was checked a few hours later and was 3cm! so all they had to do was break waters and she as born 4 hours later!

3 very different ways of labours starting!

My water broke when they called my name for my 40 week doc appointment haha! We were sent right to the hospital where they confirmed that my water broke. There was meconium in the water and I could barely feel the contractions I was having so they gaveme oxytocin to get things going. 15 hours after my water broke, our little Kallie arrived! :)

Hey,
My waters broke at 32 weeks after a shift in work, with no warning. Went to the loo (wee) and my waters broke there and then. Went in hopspital to be checked was 2 cm, stayed in a few days (no contractions). They gave me the steroid injections (the most painful thing ever). Got sent home had to go in every other day to be monitored. A week later, went for a wee again during the night and there was loads of blood. So had to go back in. Contractions started that day and I gave birth the next day at 5 in the morning. So over a week after my waters broke. Gave birth at 33+3 xxxxx

Last edited:
Wow that's early!! Did you really find steroid injections painful? I had them a few weeks back but then I have a rather fleshy bottom so maybe that's why they didn't affect me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back