Heartbeats..

Mimimouse89

Reaction score
On the 18th I've got another midwife appointment and she says we're going to listen to the heartbeat. Very excited but was wondering when you girls (if you have yet) heard babys heart for the first time and what it felt like. Should I be worried if we can't hear it at 17 wks? X

I heard mine at the 16 week appointment. Hope you get to hear yours too!

Xx

Hi, I heard my first one at 17 week check with GP... was great to hear.. it is fast.. enjoy xx

My midwife hasn't checked for mine yet but am seeing her on 17th so hopefully she'll have a listen then. I think she's not checked mine because I had some bleeding from about 5 weeks till 15 weeks so I was having scans every week until 18 weeks so we could see the heartbeating. Can't wait to hear it though.

Yep I heard mine straight away at my 16 week was very cool!! Xx

i heard mine early to.. Think usually here they wait till around 20 weeks but at 17 sure u will hear it fine think it all depends on where ur baby is lying and stuff x

I had my midwife appointment at 16 week she couldn't find it so had to do a scan. Depends where baby is lying x

I heard babys HB at 16 week appointment, hope you can hear your little one's :) if they can't find it it is most likely to be just because the way baby is lying hun x

Don't worry I'm sure it will be fine :) xx

Last edited:
i didnt hear mine until my midwife appointment last week, my midwife said its rare to hear it before 20 weeks x

I heard it at 17 weeks but midwife didn't want to do it as she said usually you can't find it until 22 weeks onwards.

You should definitely hear it at 17 weeks. My first I heard on the first attempt at 12 weeks. WIth my second it was very scary, because they tried and tried (at 11 weeks) and couldn't find it so they sent me for an US - and Thank God found it. (I was bawling by that point, I was so scared!) 17 weeks you should be good to go!

I heard it at 17 weeks but midwife didn't want to do it as she said usually you can't find it until 22 weeks onwards.

REALLY??

Here the first Dr. appt is always right around 12 weeks and you can almost always hear it - if not you get an US to make sure all is well. I haven't heard of anyone having trouble hearing it later than that, unless maybe the person has an anterior placenta or something?

I was 12 weeks and I cried! was so lovely and emotional, just to know everything is OK when you have every silly little worry going through your head, its just a real moment of peace xx

REALLY??

Here the first Dr. appt is always right around 12 weeks and you can almost always hear it - if not you get an US to make sure all is well. I haven't heard of anyone having trouble hearing it later than that, unless maybe the person has an anterior placenta or something?

That's what she said - she only did it cos I pestered her, but she might have just been saying that it was unlikely in case she couldn't hear it, but even then she said she wouldn't have sent me for a scan or owt if she couldn't find it.

We heard ours at about 14 weeks using an angel sound Doppler that we bought :)

Then the midwife listened at 16 weeks too...lo was being stubborn when mw listened and seemed to be trying to hide lol so the heartbeat was quiet and kept moving - it's still brilliant tho whenever you here it

my hospital has new us machines and heard ot there at 12 weeks scan but only briefly. turned the sound off as needed to do other checks but could still see the pulses. then at 16 week appointment. was amazing. put the doppler on my belly and it came up. the mw said ooohh no hunting for that one very strong.

its amazing hun enjoy. xxx

I heard mine at 16 weeks but the midwife did warn me before she tried listening for it that it might take a while depending on the position of the baby.

Hi

I heard it at 14 weeks, although before she listened, my midwife did tell me it may be a little early and not to worry at all if she couldn't find it as the baby is only just starting to come out of the pelvis.

I did hear it but only for a second - a very faint, quick heartbeat which I heard in the background to my own - but then the baby must have moved away and the midwife couldn't find it again. Don't get too worried if you can't hear it - that happened to a friend of mine but everything was OK x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back