25 week midwife appointment...

mikid

Reaction score
Hey ladies, hope everyone is is having a good day?!

Just a question... My community midwife is in a different borough to the hospital im going to give birth at, and at my last hospital appointment (20 wks) they said the midwife would measure my bump at my 25 week appointment.

Well i had that appointment yesterday and the midwife said no, i'll do that at your next one (31 wks)?! Also, she only listened to the babys heartbeat for the first time yesterday and i know a lot of you girls had this done at 16 wks...

Is my midwife behind on what to do at each appointment or is it just that different areas do it differently?

31 wks seems quite late to have the first bump measurement, unless im just being dramatic cause its my first pregnancy and feel rather confused by everything?!

Sorry for the mamouth post, just after your experiences if you dont mind sharing? Thank you in advance :)

My midwife hasnt yet measured my bump - there isnt much there to measure though!! Possibly if she measured my bump it would probably be smaller than average so that would just stress me out.

Heartbeat has been checked though since 13 weeks (when she couldn't find anything - again causing unecessary stress).

I think things are done differently in different areas which causes a bit of confusion, but when I saw midwife at 25 weeks she said see you again in 3 weeks so I would so I'm getting a 28 week appointment which I think is normal with first pregnancy (check your NHS purple book though).

Hiya.. My mw hasn't listened to babys hb yet either,on fact they haven't even touched my tummy,I'm expectin this at 25 weeks but can't remember wen they start measurin from xx

i think different areas are definately different, i havent had my bump touched yet, got my 25 week appt in 2 weeks, so will just take it as it comes! last time i was there she did the heart beat thing but didnt tell me that was what she was doing, me being a dohnut had no clue, so just didnt ask! so now i know what that thing was, i can tell for next time! lol but i am not to bothered if she measures bump or not, as long as i feel ok and baby moves, im happy lolxx

Sounds like its not out the norm then!

I do have an appointment at 28 weeks but thats at the hospital cause they do bloods etc there (midwife won't do these?!)

I guess they might measure me at that app as they said i should be measured by then? Oh well... I feel ok and bubs is always on the move so i shall just stop worrying!

I haven't been measured yet... at my 25 week appointment the mw said that it was too early too measure. Then at my 28 weeks appointment the mw said she doesn't use a tape measure as she has been doing it for years and can tell from her hands if the measurements are right. I trusted her judgement but hopefully I will get measured at my next appointment at 31 weeks!

It's bizarre that areas are so different in what they do and even from midwife to midwife too!

My midwife hasnt yet measured my bump yet
Heartbeat has been heard twice x

those 28 week bloods, my midwife said she will only do them if they dont find traces of anything in my urine. so maybe mention this to midwife?? otherwise i have to go hospital for them. i hate blood tests :( x

I haven't been measured yet... at my 25 week appointment the mw said that it was too early too measure. Then at my 28 weeks appointment the mw said she doesn't use a tape measure as she has been doing it for years and can tell from her hands if the measurements are right. I trusted her judgement but hopefully I will get measured at my next appointment at 31 weeks!

It's bizarre that areas are so different in what they do and even from midwife to midwife too!

I know its crazy ... you'd think there would be a 'standard'?! Perhaps the differences are just made more obvious because I have 2 pregnant friends who have both had different experiences to me... and we go on forums like this :roll: and hear of even more different experiences!

It's definitely good to hear about everyone's experiences though, makes you feel reassured that it's not just you that is 'missing out'!

I've been getting measured since 25 weeks! Maybe it is different in different areas!

It all seems very minimal nowadays- cut backs maybee!

I have heard hb once at 17 weeks - and my bump only got touched 2 weeks ago by consultant, and he said I was just right for 20 weeks, I had to remind him I was then 23 weeks, and he said was all ok at the 20 weeks scan, I said yes, so he said that's good then, and that was that! very strange.

I see a midwife next at 28 weeks, so I will see what she does then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back