I still haven't heard baby's heartbeat :(

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Everyone told me that the midwife would listen to baby's heartbeat at my 16 week midwife appointment, but she didn't! She just booked a few more appointments and took my blood pressure, that was it.

I haven't heard my baby's heartbeat yet and would love to, does anyone know when I will actually get to hear it? Can't really afford to buy a doppler at the moment :(

Aww ! Well when I had my 20 week scan she did it then while she was scanning! Maybe they can do it then for u? On ebay there r places u can rent dopplers for- just for s short time? Never tried them myself but u could look into it? X

Im not sure hun it seems to vary from midwife to midwife. Mine did check at 16 weeks. Have you looked on Ebay i got my doppler for less than £20 with the gel.

I still havnt heard mine either and i dont see the midwife untill April now, gunna b a long wait! x

I went to my 16 week scan with the same hope but was told i wont get to hear it until my 24 week scan

I didn't hear the heartbeat until my 25 week midwife appointment.

I didn't hear kieron's til i was 31 weeks xx

oh hun. hope you get to hear it soon.

it really does vary. i heard mine at 12 weeks scan for 1st time as the ultrasound machines are really new and do both. xxx

oh hun. hope you get to hear it soon.

it really does vary. i heard mine at 12 weeks scan for 1st time as the ultrasound machines are really new and do both. xxx

If it wasn't for having to go into the hosptial for checkup over some bleeding when i was 15 weeks then I wouldn't have heard my babys heartbeat yet either, they haven't even mentioned it or anything at any of the appointments. I'm not too bothered though coz its always kicking me so I know its ok :)

If it wasn't for having to go into the hosptial for checkup over some bleeding when i was 15 weeks then I wouldn't have heard my babys heartbeat yet either, they haven't even mentioned it or anything at any of the appointments. I'm not too bothered though coz its always kicking me so I know its ok :)

hiya hun

i totally understand your anguish. I went for my 15-16 week appointment and i told her my concern over some cramps id been having and asked if she could check the heartbeat as i was panicing. However all i got was a ten minuet talk on stuff id already been told :/ not very helpfull i must say

but oh well :(

Ive got my 16 week appointment on Tuesday....Im gonna ask....can but try eh?

My midwife tried to listen at my booking appointment (I was 11 weeks) but baba didn't want to cooperate. Heres hoping she tries again on Friday for my 16 week check.

Thanks girls. Looks like I may be waiting a while then! Ah well, roll on 7th April (20 week scan) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back