Happy Birthday to James Michael (and to his amazing Daddy!!) 14/11/12

Huge congrats Hun! In relation to labour, how much do you think hypnobirthing helped? James is absolutely gorgeous xxxxx

Congratulations he is so gorgeous xxx

Huge congrats Hun! In relation to labour, how much do you think hypnobirthing helped? James is absolutely gorgeous xxxxx

In all honesty it didn't help me at all.

I had a very long labour though (eating, drinking and resting would have been more beneficial for me)

I don't regret the time I spent on the books / CD's and I had a lovely pregnancy. Sadly my labour was very far away from how I pictured it....

I did birth really well though considering I was exhuasted, dehydrated, starving, very scared and had two canula's fall out (so I was losing my fluids and bleeding a fair bit!!)

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your birth story with us Nat, you did such an amazing job, James is absolutely gorgeous. You've waited so long for him, is motherhood anything like what you expected so far?

Massive congratulations!!! It's true what you say though. As soon as that little bundle is given to you it just makes you glad you done it.

Are you glad you stayed team yellow???xxx

Well firstly I am devastated I only missed out on a win by a day u coukd have closed them legs for me now couldnt you nat :p lol joking aside he is amazing absolutely gorgeous!! Look at those eyes!!!! beautiful! U did so well Hun I'd have said hell yes to the epi so your a star for saying no after such a long time!!
Can't wait for some more pics of James!!

What an amazing labour story hun, nearly shed a tear towards the end. You did absolutely amazing, I hope u are very proud of yourself!

I'm so pleased for u both & what a gorgeous little man u have!

Xx

Congratulations. Its so true, that first cuddle is amazing. I had a beautiful birth but the most terrible pregnancy and I've seriously said I want more. I'm so broody! Its like a switch has been flicked in me and I cannot wait to do it again! Little james is lovely. Well done xx

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk-its rubbish tho so can't see tickers or upload pics!

what a journey youve been on to get your little guy here many congrats o you and your OH

PS James Michael is absolutely handsome xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for sharing your birth story with us Nat, you did such an amazing job, James is absolutely gorgeous. You've waited so long for him, is motherhood anything like what you expected so far?

So far it's been a total whirlwind but James is quite a good baby (apart from the first night home when he did not sleep and screamed for about 8 hours straight)

We're still both all over the place though, and I know we will be for a while.

Also James sadly doesn't go on the breast, he did for a few days but then stopped? So I am combi feeding (expressing and formula). I feel that I gave up a little to easily BUT as soon as I made this decision I have been calmer and happier and feel confident bub is getting all he needs.

He only lost 100g when he was first weighed by community MW!

Massive congratulations!!! It's true what you say though. As soon as that little bundle is given to you it just makes you glad you done it.

Are you glad you stayed team yellow???xxx

I knew all along boy, I just felt it. I was just so convinced. We didn't have a girls name...

So glad we were team yellow and If there is ever another I'd do it again!

Oddly though in the labour room the main MW said as soon as she came on shift she didn't like to refer to a baby as "it" so very early on she asked us about family history (how many boys and girls we have on each side) and decided to refer to baby as "he" so for several hours before we met him he was being referred to as a him :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

Aw hun, don't feel like you gave up easily, you've got to do what is best for you and James, if he is not taking to the breast well that's not your fault, at least you're expressing aswell as giving him formula. I know it wouldn't have been a decision made without alot of consideration. I'm so so pleased for you that James is finally here. So glad your instinct was right all along! (He is so handsome) x x

Hi Nat, that's such a lovely photo of James he looks gorgeous & wide eyed :)

Well done having diamorphine so good that you stayed open minded. The hormone drip ramps it up & considering you had a long labour before hand you did brilliantly!

I wouldn't worry about ff or ebf, a happy mum has a happy baby that's all that matters! It's a whole new ball game now :)

xxxx

Nat,
I want to express and formula feed soon but worried that if I ask the mw she might try to put me off. How do you find it works?
It took an extra day for Madison to learn to latch and now she has for it but sometimes just comes off for no reason :/ I want to see how she gets on first before I change it.

So glad James is coming on for you :) you have a good mummy instinct! Maybe baby number 2 will be give you the same instincts ;) x

Congrats he is gorgeous!! And it was my birthday on the 14th so obviously the very best day ever to be born!! Lol. x

Wow ur amazing and he is beautiful xxx

Sent from a heart broken me

Nat,
I want to express and formula feed soon but worried that if I ask the mw she might try to put me off. How do you find it works?
It took an extra day for Madison to learn to latch and now she has for it but sometimes just comes off for no reason :/ I want to see how she gets on first before I change it.

So glad James is coming on for you :) you have a good mummy instinct! Maybe baby number 2 will be give you the same instincts ;) x

Now I have an electric pump, expressing is so simple.

Obviously it now means I have to sterilise bottles etc (which I really didn't want to do BUT it's no biggy really...)

MW seems happy with how things are going and James is now 70g over birthweight... He is a hungry baby!!

I am just going to post a thread asking some questions about expressing actually!

xxxxxxx

Huge congrats nat and well done he's bloody Gawjus!! Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back