Lucas James 6/6/11

riotfox

Reaction score
I have finally got around to writing by birth story.

I was 10 days over and had a MW appointment at 3:15pm. She performed a sweep and said I could be stretched to 2cm. I didn't feel too bad after the sweep but started losing a bit of plug.

At about 5:45pm I was just getting up to make tea as OH was due home in half an hour. On my way to the kitchen I felt a contraction. My mum was with me and I told her I wasn't going to get excited as the sweep can cause pains. After 10 minutes another one came. I still tried to carry on making tea. By about 6:15pm when OH had come home the contractions started coming every 5 minutes. I decided to go have a bath to ease the pain while my mum rang the labour ward. They fobbed my mum off saying it was a first labour so it would take ages yet and stay at home. I got out the bath and they started coming every 3 minutes. My mum rang the labour ward again and again they fobbed her off telling me to get a bath for at least an hour, take some paracetemol and eat a meal. I couldn't eat as the contractions were so close together. I got in the bath again and told me OH I was going to have an epidural when we eventually got to the labour ward as I thought if I was not in established labour yet and in this much pain then I would never cope with established labour. In the bath the contractions started coming every minute and I really did need to breath through them. My mum rang the labour ward again and they said to come in and they would check me over. I think they thought I was overreacting. I found it really hard to get out the bath and get changed as my contractions were so close together. We finally left the house at around 8:30pm and got to the hospital 5 minutes later. As we got up onto the right floor I kept getting the urge to push. We got to the labour ward and they took me into a room and said I had the urge to push. They told me not to but it was so hard not to. I managed to climb up onto the bed somehow and she said she was going to examine me. She let me have some gas and air to try and relax me but I just wanted to push. I think I may have started pushing. When she examined me she said I was ready to push as I was fully dilated. I couldn't believe it. I had only just managed to make it the labour ward! I pushed as hard as I could and Lucas James was born at 9:05pm 6/6/11. I can't believe my labour had only been 3 and a half hours. I did wonder why I was in such excruciating pain. I thought I coped every well to say I only had gas and air when I was fully dilated. Deep breathing really did help get me through. I had to have a couple of stitches but he was worth it.

Well that is my labour story at last. Very quick but painful as I didn't really get chance to get used to the contractions as they were so close together and strong.

xx

Attachments

• IMG00051-20110607-1520.jpg
    IMG00051-20110607-1520.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 31
Wow! Congratulations and WELL DONE!! Its amazing how they try and keep ladies in labour at home! Especially when contractions are so close together! You did wonderfully by the sounds of it. Hope you've been able to get some much needed rest and enjoying your DS. x

Wow you did brilliantly well done xx

wow you did really well you pretty much did it all without any pain relief because as your pushing you dont get any full effect of gas and air :) huge congratulations

Congratulations hun, you did fantastically well. Well done you xxx

Wow, you did really well! That was my dream birth initially, to labour at home until it was unbearable and then go in and hope to be really far along. Congratulations on your little man, he's lush :D

Thanks ladies!! He was definitely worth it!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back