Phoebe Jane Rumble, 07/12/11

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Little Phoebe arrived on Wednesday 7th December :yay:

So here's the story...

My waters broke at 4.45am wednesday morning, really not what I expected at all! I expected it to completely gush out but it was just a bit of a trickle really, but enough to wake me up. I wasn't sure it was my waters at first and was half asleep so kind of tried to ignore it and go back to sleep! And then a little bit more came and it woke me up properly. I stood up and it was dripping down my leg but still only trickling. I woke OH up and my god I've never seen him jump out of bed so quickly!!! I rushed to the loo and put a pad on and we called the hospital. After I'd put the pad on I noticed my waters were tinged in colour like a pinky colour. The hospital told me to go in immediately.
So off I went expecting to be checked over and sent home because I wasn't contracting.
When I got there they checked my pad, and I was still leaking waters at this point too. They said the tinge of colour in my waters was because baby has had a bowel movement and my blood pressure was quite high.
So they said they were going to admit me and that I wouldn't be leaving until baby had arrived and that they were going to induce me because of the risk of baby swallowing some of the bowel movement.
They said thankfully it wasn't a thick bowel movement otherwise they would have considered a c-section. But she said as it is, it's very watered down so they were happy to induce and have a peadiatrician present at the birth to check her over immediately.

After the hooked me up to be induced it really didn't take too long for the contractions to kick in, they were quite mild at first. And then after a while they got more painful and I noticed there didn't seem to be much of a break between the contractions anymore, it felt like I was having a very long constant one. That's when I opted for the gas and air. The midwife was suprised at how long I'd gone until I asked for it.
I had my OH and my mom with me, lol they said after I was on the gas and air I was acting drunk and my eyes were rolling about.
I have to say it went pretty smoothly considering I had to be induced and the bowel movement from her.
I was in active labour for 6 hours in total, I think they class active labour from when the contraction become painful and your 3cm!?
The pushing part last about an hour and then she came into the world, was lovely not knowing the sex beforehand too and being told I had a daughter, it was so special.
She was placed on my chest straight away and had a cuddle for a few minutes before being checked over by the peadiatrician, and they did that in the same room. Luckily she didn't seem to have swallowed any and was placed back on my chest to try and feed, it didn't take her long to latch on. After a couple of minutes though she turned blue :( the midwife quickly took her and blew air into her mouth and tickled her feet and she suddenly turned from blue to pink again. I've never felt panic and then relief like it!!! Thankfully it hasn't happened again since. They said it was because she buried herself into me and only being a few minutes old she hadn't took a breath while trying to feed.
I had to have one stitch, she numbed down there with a needle and let me use the gas and air too, to do the stitch. And then while grandma and dad were having cuddles she helped me in the shower and told me I should do my first wee in the shower. And I recommend you do, it was easy in the shower but it does smart a bit when you wee afterwards.

I really couldn't have asked for a better midwife, she was so encouraging and helpful. And really helped to distract you from the pain, she stayed with us all day aswell. I expected to be left on our own for a while but she stayed in the room with us the whole time.
I struggled to sleep the first night in hospital I couldn't stop watching her.
The pediatrician came round again in the morning to check on her, and she was fine so we were sent home the following morning.

So there we have it, Phoebe Jane Rumble was born 07/12/11 at 7.23pm weighing 7lbs 4oz, and is beautiful. I honestly never expected to feel this way about her I am completely besotted and I honestly don't think I'd want to be in a world without her. :love:

Phoebe.jpg phoebe home.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

Aww lovely birth story, you done so well Hun & she's so gorgeous xx

Welcome o the world little phoebe :hug:

What a beautiful baby girl, and a lovely name too xxx Congratulations xx

Aww she's gorgeous! Welcome to the world Phoebe!

Congrats hun. x x

Wow well done Rach, didn't even realise your labour was imminent and just noticed your ticker had suddenly changed lol!
She is absolutely beautiful, congratulations xxx

Congratulations again x she's so gorgeous!!! Well done you!

Ignore any mistakes-my iPhone is addicted to autocorrect!

Congrats again hunny. She is gorgeous! Was exciting waiting for ur updates to post as well! Lol!

Much love to u and Phoebe xx

Awww huge congratulations hunni. What a lovely name and she is absolutly adorable :) xxx

Congratulations! Well done she's lovely xx

Congratulations you did so well and she is absolutely beautiful! XXXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back