Lilyanna Rose 10/11/11

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
I know its been a long time but these 4 weeks have flown by with feeding and visitors etc! OH is xmas shopping so i have some time to do it now!

I cant remember when i went in to hospital after a mw app they thought my waters had gone as i told her i had really increased dc (tmi) ill have to look it up on here.. as that was probably when my waters were actually leaking!
For a week i noticed my bump had got smaller, even my eldest daughter noticed! also a thread on here somewhere about that..

Things really started on Monday 7th Nov.. 5:30pm while showering the girls i felt some small trickling.. thinking it was the same as before (only increased dc) i didnt bother getting checked out as id spent enough time in hospital already! Started getting some painful bh that evening which were keeping me awake (along with the itchy shoulders i had for weeks!!) told OH that he needed to take his 2 weeks off now so he started his leave on tuesday. Pains woke me at 2am, baby was very active and back pain was very intense.. the itching didnt help either! from 3am contractions were every 5 mins lasting a minute.. kept me up for the rest of the night thru til morning, got my mum to come and do the school run as i wasnt sure if OH was going to work at that point (6am)

Tuesday 8th Nov, still getting very strong contractions all morning..hasnt slept since 2am.. Got my mum to come and take the kids to school, im not one to show my pain infront of people so when my mum was around the contractions didnt seem so bad.. got the kids ready for school and sorted breakfast.. OH stayed home and started his leave so sent mum home.. OH went and got a mcdonalds breakfast for us and we watched Jeremy Kyle :) as id been up so long i was shattered so had a sleep.. woke up at 1pm and the pains had gone :( was very upset at this point as OH couldnt go back to work so had to take his 2 weeks even if baby stayed put for another 2 weeks! and id got my mum up at 6am.. so felt pressured to 'perform' and have this baby or at least be dilating with the pain i was in! decided to have a walk to get things moving again, went to argos at 2pm for a ball, had a bounce while watching a film and had 8 strong ones with pressure pains during.. asked mum to pick the kids up from school for me and have them overnight in case i managed to get things moving again..at 5pm we decided to walk tesco for some fajitas.. when the kids were safely asleep at my mums at 8:30pm i started to get the pains again.. i think the pains stopping had something to do with the kids being awake etc as they can stop when you panic or something.. decided to go to bed even though i swore id never sleep again due to them stopping earlier that day after sleeping but i was so tired i thought it was wise to sleep in case it was the real thing!

Wednesday 9th Nov..woke up at 1:15am with more pains and itchy shoulders like the night before.. stayed up all night again watching Maury and updating PF bouncing away on my ball..having the same pains varying from 10-5mins apart.. was still slightly damp but nothing i thought was waters at all... none of the tricks were working to see if it was waters.. it trickled as and when it wanted, no amount of moving about provoked it.. so still wasnt convinced it was waters.. but wanted to be checked to see if these pains were actually doing anything..
9am i had light brown specks on my pad.. was concerned it may be meconium and dangerous, had some breakfast at 10am and called the hospital they said to go to delivery suite in case it was meconium.. left at 11am and contractions had stopped again :roll:
12:30pm i was on the ctg monitor and babys hb was dropping with every contraction.. (had many ctgs and babys hb never dropped once so was very worried :( )
1:30pm was examined and cervix was closed :( but ripening which was probably the spotting i had.. she couldnt confirm if my waters had gone or not.. after the exam she said i may have a bit of a show.. a bit??!! scared the sh*t out of me when i went to the loo!! :shock: never had a show with the girls but there was no mistaking this bugger!! bloody gross!!! :lol:
more monitoring.. hb still dropping with every contraction..
fundal height was okay but they wanted to scan me to check growth and water level.. had senior mws and docs look at my graphs from the ctg and they said depending on the scan result.. the worst case scenario was induction..
2pm They said my scan was going to be at 4pm while OH went back to his mums to drop his car off and get a lift back as we ran out of change for the parking.. but then as i was leaving they said they could do it there and then..
Fluid was very low so they said i needed to be induced but i could go home and get some food and my bags.. they warned me that it may not be til the morning so no rush to get back in and stay on the ward i was in at 33w for 5 days.. was defo not in a rush to get back lol so went for a mcds and went home to get my head round the idea of being induced at such short notice.. and had to debate having an epidural before they were going to start me off (i didnt know how they were doing it at this point so was really clueless as to what was going to happen) the fact i had literally no waters cushioning the contractions it was agonising from monday eve.. so i was glad i wasnt in pain for no reason!!
5:30pm finally got the courage to go in and get settled on the ward.. was nice to be recognized by all the mws and staff from my stay in at 33w :D very calming!! OH stayed with me til 9pm (but slept for a bit lol) which was good so he could go home and sleep.. They told me they were going to try to break my waters and put me on the drip..I had the cannular put in.. they tried my left hand as theyd just put my wristbands on my right... i told her my right hand was better but she wanted to try the left so i agreed... i wish i hadnt!!! my god ive never had pain like it!! she was pushing it in and out in and out for which felt like a lifetime!! i actually cried but held it in from OH lol... i had to tell her to stop in the end as it was even worse than the contractions!! she finally gave in and took off the bands and put it in my right hand... which didnt actually hurt!! wish people would listen to me!! although blood went everywhere once she got it in (i have a fast blood flow) it covered my hand and half the bed lol it was very gross and a very weird experience!!!
11:30pm.. i had some paracetamol as the pain was very intense still and finally had a mw confirm i must be in pain as the fluid is so low (was sick of people thinking it wasnt hurting even though i was hiding it lol dumb i know lol) and decided to have a sleep after a tea and some hula hoops.. i was advised to eat as they dont let you eat on delivery suite.. was told to think as if i wasnt going up to delivery til the morning as they was busy in theatre so i hadnt bothered to try to sleep til then...at that point i was adamant i was having an epidural as the mw said it would be wise!

Thurday 10th Nov... 12:40am just as i was dozing off mw came and woke me (made me jump lol) and told me i was heading for the delivery suite, so i called OH back in and walked up to the suite.. had a wheelchair thing but decided against it for some reason lol!
went on monitors etc.. and spoke to mws about what i wanted.. epi BEFORE drip started as i was in agony already..
Got my epidural put in which tbh wasnt bad at all!! had the catheter fitted which i also freaked out about pre labour but that was fine too! Started to get shakes just before the epi but managed to control it to get it in..
3am i was checked and i got to 2cm by myself which i was proud of LOL.. she tried to break my waters but couldnt (there was nothing there.. she still has the scratch marks on her head poor thing :( ) so gave me a sweep.. i felt slight trickles and thought the catheter had come out and i was peeing a bit lol but she said she couldnt see anything there.. then a bit more.. still couldnt see anything... but that was my waters! all i had left! :shock:
My mws went on a break and another lady came in to look after me as I had to have bp checked every 15.. She topped up my epi and it squirted all over my face :shock: cheers love!!
4am they started me on the drip and wanted 5 contractions every 10mins i wish i could have slept but i had the shakes badly in my legs (still unsure why) and i had a side effect from the epidural.. ITCHY SKIN!!! :roll: the worst side effect for me lol!! was weird coz i would scratch my leg and as i couldnt feel it i couldnt satisfy it lol so it was very annoying!!! OH was sleeping on the floor bless him!
The epi was great i could feel the contractions like regular bh..
7:30am.. i felt some slight pressure and was passing wind a bit :rofl: and so the decided to check me and i was 10cm! was expecting the pressure to be more intense how i remember it but it really wasnt!! i felt her examining me and felt the head shape down there.. so hard to explain but i felt i was 10cm while she was examining me! so weird but cool! they said it was policy to wait an hour to push which was odd.. i opted for a top up of the epi, they said i didnt have to if i didnt want to.. but i defo wanted to lol!
mws changed shifts and we got a new couple of mws (gutted as i loved the mws i had.. one of them is a mum at my youngest's school only found out after!!) one was a student and this was her first birth delivering herself with supervision and i was kinda honoured as she would always remember us :D
8:20am they were talking about pushing in 10mins...
got OH to get out the baby clothes and nappy ready for her arrival..
mw decided she wanted an oxygen table in the room as 'all delivery rooms should have one' (she wasnt a local mw she had been called in from somewhere else) and hit the student mw in the head with a lamp!! she didnt even realize and the student didnt say a word just looked like she was gonna cry n rubbing her head.. i dont know how me and OH kept the giggles to ourselves!!!
8:30am push time!! the mw was so set on getting this oxygen table thing in the tiny room she was missing my contractions to push.. i had to tell her i was having a contraction and was gonna push so she could stand there and catch lol!! she was so distracted she didnt realise the student was supposed to be delivering and she was supervizing.. three pushes and she was out! Poor student didnt get a look in :( it didnt hurt at all!! it was an amazing experience i was able to enjoy to the full and be 'aware' of everything.. whereas when ur in that much agony you dont know where u are or what ur doing... it was great to be 'normal'... and able to text and update pf lol!!!
8:46am She was put straight on my chest, OH cut her cord and she started to feed :) at first i thought she was a boy as the cord was in a misleading position! i had to double check LOL!! i told OH she was a girl (team yellow is SO worth it!!!!!) and we shared a tender moment looking at our beautiful baby girl :D

Placenta was stuck and took 20mins to come out... getting that out was harder than the baby :shock:

She weighed 7lb 4oz :)

was struggling to sleep after even though my itchy skin stopped.. i was dozing and being startled every minute.. was horrible.. so over tired! it felt like i was falling each time i was dozing :( i also started to feel very sick as i hadnt eaten... i had some more hula hoops which were in my hosp bag.. helped a bit but still felt sicky so they gave me an anti sickness jab... MY GOD.. that hurt!!!!!!!!!! worse than the steroid jabs!! she said it was the most painful jab u can get.. i said 'why didnt u tell me, i wouldnt have bloody had it!!!' she said, ''thats why i didnt tell you!''
tbh i still wish i didnt as my leg is still tender in the area she done it!! epi hasnt done a thing to my back but that bloody jab has!!
Sorry its so long but i wanted to get it all down :D had to use my labour thread as reference as my memory is crap lol!! i was still unable to sleep the whole day and night :(

My advice to all... sleep well, and eat well!!!

Thank you all so much for your support through my pregnancy and labour(s) i couldnt have got thru it all without you!!! You ladies are amazing!! :hug:

Id gladly have another child after that birth.. i was petrified when i got my bfp coz of the birth i had with ellie.. but id do it all again tomorrow it was such an amazing experience even with all the crap i had!!!

Last edited:
You sound like you did an amazing job! You had such a rough time and now you've got youre beautiful girl :love: Well done. x

A few pics :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296343.111237.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296343.111237.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 19
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296375.301441.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296375.301441.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 21
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296415.379016.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296415.379016.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 19
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296480.281175.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296480.281175.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 24
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296507.275653.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296507.275653.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 28
Tiny baby clothes were too big!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296594.757883.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296594.757883.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 17
Difference between bad cannular and good!! First two were taken hours after I had her.. Rest were days after.. Over a week it spread down my arm and round my wrist.. Photos don't show it well..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296697.411893.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296697.411893.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 11
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296714.135780.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296714.135780.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 9
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296779.941870.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296779.941870.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 9
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296840.369177.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296840.369177.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 10
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296898.569853.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323296898.569853.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 9
After it was put in my left hand felt like my wrist was broken.. And my right had a huge thing in my hand... Imagine my toilet trips!!!
:rofl:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323297082.749509.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323297082.749509.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 9
Thanks babe she is worth every moment of crap I went thru!!

Also somewhere in all that I was given antibiotics in labour in case waters were gone too long..

:yay: :yay:

At last!! I've been waiting to read that for ages!!

Sounds like you had a brilliant labour, i'm so glad it went well for you, I know how worried you were & like you my last one was terrible & I didn't want any more but because this one was better it got me thinking...

The epi drips in the hand are evil aren't they, mines was agony! & I was bruised all up my arm from it.

lilyanna is absolutely gorgeous, so tiny!!

:hug:

You did so well Hun, congratulations x she's Beautifull & i love her name x

LM- the right hand was fine! Just the left she was digging in my wrist it was awful!! Feeling blood pooling in my hand was frightening! So warm it was weird!

It's taken ages sorry! And it's very long :blush: I tried keeping it short lol!!
Do glad we both got good labours this time!!

Woah, them bruises are monsters! :shock:

What a wonderful birth story, I love reading them! :love:

And your daughter is gorgeous! (love the name btw)

Last edited:
U did amazing Hun !! And your braver than me !! I'm not having anymore ! Don't mind labour just can't do the being pregnant !
And she is beautiful xxx

Congratulations she's lovely, worth all the hassles eh! Hope your doing well xx

Ive been looking forward to reading your birth story! sounds like you did amazingly well, well done!! she is such a little beauty xxx

She is an absolute beauty, well done you and I love love love her sleepsuit in the last 2 pics where's it from?! :eek:) Congratulations again xx

Thanks everyone!
I love those sleep suits too.. From boots! Gonna buy them in the next size up too coz I just love them!!

Defo worth all the hassle! I'm still having probs now got thrush in both breasts so painful :cry: enough to feel like giving up bf!

I had such a crappy pregnancy too but I'd happily do it all again!! Next time will be planned though lol!!

Well done bubbeluh- ooh, now I really must get around to writing mine, lol! Oh, and those cannulas are a BI-ATCH! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back