getting the motivation to diet!

Me, My Girls & I

Reaction score
how do you do it? i really really need to lose weight! i know in the grand scheme of things, i'm not really that overweight, but its really getting to me :( i keep getting on the scales and its just going up and up :( but i dont have the motivation! i dont eat tonnes of chocolate or sweets, but i love my savoury foods! but even then i dont think i eat ridiculous amounts!

i've considered something like that celebrity slim or slimming world, but i dont know if they work and dont want to waste my money!

I really want to do the celebrity slim diet but I'm not sure how it works so I'm going to get googeling tonight and see what I find! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I refuse to speak about the D word this early in the morning:shakehead:

Last edited:
Urgh, i'm in the same place too.

Feeling fat :(

I lost 30+ lbs before my wedding and that was basically starvation... well not really but the food i was eating never seemed to fill me up.

I would basically have tinned toms and egg for breakfast, a 300 kcal stew pot for lunch and then a 300 calorie protein with loads of bright veg.

No white or beige food allowed! (bread, biscuits, crisps, potatoes, pasta, ect ect)

The diet was pretty gruelling but you gotta just try to not think about it.

I did go to the gym for a while and lifting weight made me feel AMAZING! but i didn't lose any weight and then i moved away from the gym.

I should start really... :oooo:

:rofl: febmum! louise i'd love to do one like that! just dont know if i've got the willpower! i looked at sslimfast in sainsbugs earlier, but its all milk based and my delicate tum wouldnt cope! i've been thinking tho and i reckon giving up smokings probably helped towards me gaining so much! i swear, one day i got on the scales and was like 10st4 and the next i was 10st10! :shock:

I bought an expensive dress in a couple of sizes too small once for my cousins wedding... it was a 10! :shock:

I managed to get it to fit, but i ironed it the day before and all the metalic thread in it melted such is life...

It was a good tool though - i was so proud, shortly followed by devastation :)

Oh no that's well bad! Sort of thing I'd do! There's nothing o need to get into shape for which is shit :(

I would go down the slimming world route, its alot healthier than celebrity slim and your more likely to stick to it. I think shake diets are a fad and you could potentially put more on in the long run. Good for a quick fix though.

Before i got prego, i lost 2 stone by the old fashioned boring route, 1500 cals a day and go to the gym 3 times a week.

I wish I had the motivation too...my sig seems to be stuck :lol: its been like that for months

Im joining the gym next week! Im on a mission! Ive put on half a stone compared to prepreg weight and even before being pregnant I wanted to lose a stone....21lbs to lose then..... :shock: Im more of a what you look like, rather than how much you weigh kinda person though...so Im aiming for a really comfy fit into size 10 jeans :)

God knows how Ill resist chocolate though...and cookies...and loads of bread....oh I love junk food. :(

i'd love to go to the gym, but i cant :( dont get time! although my davina dvd is sitting in the dvd drawer having been played once :blush: i'd lose weight if i cut down on the alcomahol, but i'm not doing that :lol: i want to get down to 9st, which is just over a stone and a half to lose, idealy i'd like to get to 7/8st but i'm trying to be realistic!

totally know how u feel. before i got pregnant i did weight watchers diet and lost stone and a half. which i'm so glad about else i would of been huge by now.
but since having finley ive gained 2 stone so got alot 2 loose. its so depressed not being able to get into my old clothes. and i just keepputting off going back 2 weight watchers and i could without spending the money going really but i know if i dont go i wont do it on my on.

Urgh, i'm in the same place too.

Feeling fat :(

I lost 30+ lbs before my wedding and that was basically starvation... well not really but the food i was eating never seemed to fill me up.

I would basically have tinned toms and egg for breakfast, a 300 kcal stew pot for lunch and then a 300 calorie protein with loads of bright veg.

No white or beige food allowed! (bread, biscuits, crisps, potatoes, pasta, ect ect)

The diet was pretty gruelling but you gotta just try to not think about it.

I did go to the gym for a while and lifting weight made me feel AMAZING! but i didn't lose any weight and then i moved away from the gym.

I should start really... :oooo:
Well done :dance:

How long did that take you? :D x

Cambridge diet is very successful but it takes some willpower to do it x

It took me to see a horrid photo of myself before I went on the Lipotrim diet. I dieted on my own first, sensible eating and lost nearly a stone. Then did Lipotrim total food replacement for 7 weeks and lost another 2st ;-)

i have been considering cambridge, but its a bit pricey isnt it? but i've seen so many people have amazing results from it!

Well I've decided to start again :) I changed my ticker...:lol:
Just plain old healthy eating and a bit more exercise for me :)

Depends hun, I don't think it's too bad tbh (cambridge) just have yoru OH buy his own grub! x

lipotrim diet, just looked it up ...whats that about? Is it pretty muc the cambridge?

Those places that pack up food food, avoid! Just had clash with one of those after cancelling ...imo rubbish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back