getting the motivation to diet!

I think there was a banner for that one at the top before :lol: I've been looking at the lipotrim site too, looks just like Cambridge doesn't it! I'm gona give it a go I think tho, my local chemist does it!

Plus I was just talking to OH and saying I was considering it cos I could do with losing a couple of stone and he said "you're not that bad, but if you want to then ok!" :shock: he's bloody lucky he's not come roud tonight!!

Well Lipotrim was monitored by my chemimst. I think I did a whole thread on it when I was on it. It's 3 products a day. So this could be a flapjack, soup, shake. You mix it up however you want. All that can be drank is water (plain, no flavouring at all) black tea, black coffee. NO ALCOHOL. You go into ketosis after about 3 days and start burning up your own bodyfat as energy. I think with cambridge you have one meal a day? This is total food replacement. Needs dedication but works. It cost me £44 per week. There is another product, be-yu which works the same. Theres a website for this, it's cheaper and has a bigger range of products.

God that's actually a really good price! Especially when you consider how much I spend on alcohol in a week :blush: what are the side effects like?

Cambridge is about £45 but a lil extra if you have a small meal a day, they are small.

Note the CAPITALS about *no alcohol* lol

Lol, no alcohol is really important. My chemist went on and on at me about this. It's because alcohol also puts your liver into ketosis and this is what the diet does too. He didn't like my suggestion of giving up dieting and just drink vodka if it does the same thing lol. The last person that drank alcohol (who was being monitored by my chemist anyway) whilst they were on the diet, ended up in intenstive care :shock:
First 3 days are kinda horrid. You have to make sure you drink plenty, ie: about 3 or 4 litres of water a day otherwise you get lots of headaches and really constipated. When your body kicks into Keytosis tho you fell really, really well. Lots of energy, skin is great and just generally well. It gives you all the nutrients you need whilst turning your body into a fat burning machine!! I loved it. You just have to use the motto "the more you drink, the less hungry you will be" sounds wierd but it works x

:rofl: i thought the same about just drinking vodka instead :lol: actually the whole no alcohol thing would be really good, i need to prove to OH that i can go without! he accused me of being a borderline alcoholic the other day and when he came round yesterday i was drinking coke, and he actually smelt my coke to see if it had vodka in :shock: this was at 10.30am :blush:

:rofl: febmum! louise i'd love to do one like that! just dont know if i've got the willpower! i looked at sslimfast in sainsbugs earlier, but its all milk based and my delicate tum wouldnt cope! i've been thinking tho and i reckon giving up smokings probably helped towards me gaining so much! i swear, one day i got on the scales and was like 10st4 and the next i was 10st10! :shock:

damnit, thats my target weight!!

:rofl: i thought the same about just drinking vodka instead :lol: actually the whole no alcohol thing would be really good, i need to prove to OH that i can go without! he accused me of being a borderline alcoholic the other day and when he came round yesterday i was drinking coke, and he actually smelt my coke to see if it had vodka in :shock: this was at 10.30am :blush:

:rofl: I did slimfast shakes, who the hell thinks a shake can replace a meal? It was impossible lol

south beach diet is the BEST! Its actually healthy too, and once you get past hte first 3 days you dont feel hungry anymore :yay: But you do have to be super organsied cos theres not really much you can just snack on, everything has to be prepared.

ooo tell me more tiny!! i've got to shift this weight! i dont look that big tbh, but i just need to shift the mummy tummy cos no clothes fit cos i've got skinny legs and a massive belly :blush:

its kinda similar to atkins but you dont go mental on the fats and you can eat as much fruit and veg as you like. Basically avoiding yellow/beige food. E.g. no pasta, bread, cereals, etc....

A typical day when I do it is; grilled bacon and an egg or grilled tomato for breakfast (best not to have egg every day) OR fruit salad. For lunch is either a salad, or soup (I make a big batch and freeze in portions to microwave when I CBA to make a salad), and then for dinner is meat n veg. LOADS of veg. And you can have sweet potato but not normal poatoes. Its easy to make dinner for OH cos I just have the same as him except none of the starchy carbs.

You feel really hungry for the first 2 days, you find your body screaming at you to eat some carbs, but if you can get through that then you dont miss it any more. Until you have a sneaky something then you have to go through it all again. I used to slip up like every weekend and struggle through monday and tuesday :lol: I never learn.

Suits me cos I dont get on with dairy either.

before i got pregnant in november last year i had been doing it since january, it was my new years resolution to lose weight. im really good at cooking stir frys now!im still lighter now than i was christamas 2008.

Ooo I like the sound of that tiny!! I can't reaLly get on with dairy either! Think I'm gona try thst one!

im doing slimming world - i find it really easy.

lost 2 n a half stone in 5 months in 2008 - taking the scenic route this time! have lost 16lbs in 14weeks.

i have just got my stone award (you get stickers for every half stone you lose n i love stickers (big kid!)) and im 1lb away from losing 10% of my starting weight :dance:

Last edited:
im doing slimming world - i find it really easy.

lost 2 n a half stone in 5 months in 2008 - taking the scenic route this time! have lost 16lbs in 14weeks.

i have just got my stone award (you get stickers for every half stone you lose n i love stickers (big kid!)) and im 1lb away from losing 10% of my starting weight :dance:

wow this sounds so great, I bet you cannot skip the carbs while being pregnant? I used to weigh 57kilos pre pregnancy and then gained soooooo much I weighed 76 before giving birth (so that means I gained 19 kilos and it is healthy to gain only 12). I couldn't get the weight of post pregnancy and only lost 2 kilos in 10 months, now I am pregnant again and I am so unhappy the way I look. I am now 67,5 kilos at almost 21 weeks (I was 65 at this stage last pregnancy) and I am really really scared that I will get over the 76 kilos at the end of pregnancy and then be even more heavy when I give birth.

I weighed 54 kilos at my best (which was about 6 months before I first fell pregnant) and I want to be back to that again. I had size 10 and now I have size 14 (ugh) but the worst thing is that I went from a 32c to a 34E (I look like a cow) and/or a whale because I am really short too.

I try to eat healthy but it am fussy about how I look and now that I am starting to show because of pregnancy I am really down because I look even bigger especially when I see myself on photographs I just want to scream! I want to be slim too.

i''m convinced my boobs make me look tonnes bigger! they just wont stop growing! i'm now about a 34E/F and being 5'1 with a short back they look dead out of place!! wish they'd bloody shrink! think i'm gona give that southbeach one a go! tiny, did you sign up online or anything?

i'm now about a 34E/F and being 5'1 QUOTE]
youre exactly the same as me, except ive tipped over to being a 36F but im breastfeeding so ignoring that fact at the min.

just found a south beach diet website, ive never joined anything, i just do it with my mum for support. last year i did the diet with my mum and we joined curves for exercise and weekly weigh ins for the motivation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back