My orlistat (xenical/alli) journey

Emmamb

Reaction score
Been to the docs and got these prescribed today,I'm still gonna go to slimming world but gonna eat more of a healthy diet rather than 'stick' to the sw plan.
So on the docs scales today I weighed 116kg-roughly 18st 3
1/2 lb but gonna be weighin on my scales daily and sw scales once a week!

So day 1 docs-116kg
My scales- 118.3kg

Gonna go treat myself to a new set of scales shortly cos mine r way out :) xx

Last edited:
Good luck

I was on orlistat (xenical) about 3 years ago, I didn't lose any weight on it, but it did help to show me what contained fat and what didn't. Lets just say you'll regret it if you eat something fatty.

I did go on to lose 5 and 1/2 stone though.

:oooo:

Good luck

I was on orlistat (xenical) about 3 years ago, I didn't lose any weight on it, but it did help to show me what contained fat and what didn't. Lets just say you'll regret it if you eat something fatty.

I've been on them a couple of times in the past and they do help me-it just gives me a boost which is what I need at the mo. Not looking forward to the side effects but if I'm quite good then should b ok xx

well done for losing all that weight-how did u do it? X

Last edited:
So far so good-gonna b bad and weigh myself daily and lost 500g (1.1lb) :)

day 2: 117.8kg :)

Last edited:
Good luck

I've been on them a couple of times in the past and they do help me-it just gives me a boost which is what I need at the mo. Not looking forward to the side effects but if I'm quite good then should b ok xx

well done for losing all that weight-how did u do it? X

Oh yeah they defo help some people, my close friend lost a couple of stones on them, my problem with them was that I didn't have alot of fat in my diet, therefore they did nothing for me - my fat was from my pregnancy.

I lost it through calorie counting, and upped my exercise slightly.

I'm sure you'll do great.

:)

tut tut about weighing every day loooool

But thats a good loss, it shows its working!!

tut tut about weighing every day loooool

But thats a good loss, it shows its working!!

Proper addicted to weighin everyday but it kinda helps me stay on track and cos I'm weighin in kg I haven't got a clue how much I weigh in stones unless I convert it so just watch
the numbers goin down :) I'm trying to include small amounts of fat in my diet without goin ott xx

Another 1kg off this morning :)

day 3:116.8kg :yay:

well done , i was prescribed xenical bout 2 months ago and they havent worked at all for me, as im doing sw (quite religiously till this week when i havent taken xenical) i wasnt eating enough fat so they didnt do anything , ive had no side effects either think ive a tough body! lol good luck huni!! make a ticker or comment in ur sig so we can keep up to date with ya!! xx

well done , i was prescribed xenical bout 2 months ago and they havent worked at all for me, as im doing sw (quite religiously till this week when i havent taken xenical) i wasnt eating enough fat so they didnt do anything , ive had no side effects either think ive a tough body! lol good luck huni!! make a ticker or comment in ur sig so we can keep up to date with ya!! xx

The only side effect you get off them is when you eat fat anyway. They only work well with people who have high fat diets.

Oh and well done emma

I actually cant wait to get into the swing of losing weight again when baby comes.

I'm not eating excessive fat and following slimming world plan but tryin to make sure I have all my syns etc xx

Day 6: 116kg!!! So 2.3kg off (about 5lb!) :dance:

Last edited:
Thanks-I'm living watchin the weight come off and finding it quite easy.

I've had 1 'side effect' which happened yesterday but that's because I'd had takeaway for tea the night b4 :/ luckily I wasn't goin out anywhere so it was manageable.

I found it hard to eat healthily but include enough fat for the tablets to work. I'm having ryvita with low fat spread on for breakfast with mullerlight. Then a scrambled egg sandwich at lunch (very yummy) il prob have to do lots of tweaking as the weeks go on but so far so good :D

Thats excellent news about your loss.

The side effects are quite off-putting. But as I said, it helps for when you come off them you'll know what contains fat and what doesn't

Good luck for next weigh in.

Hi emma you are doing amazing hun. you should be so proud of yourself. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back