First icsi

I am hoping they let me practice the injections, I don't want to do it wrong and lose the contents of the injection. I don't think I could cope with my OH doing it, I am better at inflicting things on myself rather than someone else. I don't know how well I will cope though, does freak me out a bit xx

I am hoping they let me practice the injections, I don't want to do it wrong and lose the contents of the injection. I don't think I could cope with my OH doing it, I am better at inflicting things on myself rather than someone else. I don't know how well I will cope though, does freak me out a bit xx

They normally show you how and let you insert an empty needle while they are there. put my mind at ease right away:) xx

They normally show you how and let you insert an empty needle while they are there. put my mind at ease right away:) xx

That's good to know, thanks :) Hope you're well? xx

If the other injections are like the trigger shot then you'll be totes fine, really small needle. I injected myself for years with my arthritis drugs and always went for tummy, I found thigh painful. I just pinch a wedge of belly fat and it's generally painless going in, you'll be fine I'm sure! Xx

That's good to know, thanks :) Hope you're well? xx

Im good thanks Lisey :) very nervous about my pregnancy but trying to stay posiitive. Sending you bundles of babydustxx

That sounds good! The nurse showed me how to do it with an empty syringe just into the air which wasn't much help and we just had to get on with it! I found the mixing quite daunting but soon got the hang of it and didn't squirt out any of the drugs!

Really, yeah they let me insert a needle in and I also got to mix the drugs with her there watching me so defo made me more confident. Xx

That's great! I have to fill in a questionnaire so might suggest that along with the info about dos and don'ts after transfer that you got. Even the first bit of it that said well done for getting this far, treat yourselves etc, I thought that was lovely. The nurses do tell you stuff but you can't remember everything.

Yeah my clinic are really personal like that, they don't just treat you like another patient. I had an allergic reaction to one of my drugs and they told me to get some allergy meds and let them know if it didn't work. They rung me back the next day to say they were worried they hadn't heard from me, told her I was fine and I could hear her telling the other staff members that I am ok. They make it such a nice place to be even when your down about everything they just make you feel like they truly care. Very lucky to be honest xx

It makes so much of a difference when they treat you like a person and not a number ! OH and I have been lucky with our appointments and communication

That's great that you girls have had such a great experience it makes a difference doesn't it xx

Seeing as I start tomorrow: day21 and all that I'm going to indulge in my favourite treats :) then on it no fizz alcohol bad food :) x

I had to check with my ivf nurse today about my meds as the packet said one 2mg tab daily and they gave me two packets each with 84 tablets in ! I was ready up and the one once a day (2mg) seems to be the HRT dose and I was right as she replied and said I should be on 4mg daily so two tablets ! X

I know !. Bit annoyed with boots getting it wrong good job it was only yesterday the first day! X

It is bad, just shows we should always double check everything xx

Exactly as oh said what if I carried on and it was part of a cycle that didn't work and all because of that one mistake ! You just don't know xx

I'm hoping this one doesn't give me any odd symptoms lol

That's so true, I will be double checking everything too xx

I wonder if this progynova can give you hot flushes? I'm really hot today lol like waves inside ! X

First injection and scan planned. For this afternoon I feel quite emotional and a bit scared of it all what a really ey !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back