First icsi

Yes it was much less scary than I imagined. Mine was very similar although I didn't get much pain or bleeding and I didn't have any bottom pain killers, just the canula! And they tell you how many eggs they got as soon as you wake up. Have a look on my journal if you want to read about it, it was on 1st October!

Last edited:
I have bottom painkillers to use :shock: x

Welcome back
Have you done your gonal-f injection today ?
I don't feel thirsty really but I've just been drinking it ha ha no wonder I'm always full lol

Thanks, I've not done it yet. Going to nip for a shower and then get it over with. I'm kind of clock watching at the moment till the first one is done!!

Egg collection was not as bad as I expected. Mine was not as advanced as the one tinselcat had, but I had to take a painkiller before going in and was awake during the collection. The lab technician counted will the doctor retrieved them. Lol! I slept a lot that day - I think the painkiller was morphine so strong stuff.

I'm sure you will do fine! Lots of luck!

xx

Oh how awful being awake! Was it in Norway?

Yes, this was at a private clinic in Norway. Not really awful - but kind of strange when the doctor was poking around my uterus with this needle (couldn't feel a thing of course), but very nice to hear the lab technitian count - we got 10 eggs out :) Out of them, 5 got fertilized, and three of them were of top quality - one is in my belly (and a baby) and I've got two "Eskimos" in the freezer :)

Lovely thank you, I will give that a go. It gets complicated now as the menopour I have to mix lol x

When I had to do 3 I did the Merionel on one side, the Fostimon on the other side then the half Buserelin on the first side again but a different spot! The Buserelin felt like a picnic after the other 2 by then cos it was a small one so really quick!

Lovely thank you, I will give that a go. It gets complicated now as the menopour I have to mix lol x

I have to mix luveris too, I am not looking forward to that part xx

When I had to do 3 I did the Merionel on one side, the Fostimon on the other side then the half Buserelin on the first side again but a different spot! The Buserelin felt like a picnic after the other 2 by then cos it was a small one so really quick!

Thanks hon maybe I shall do that, like you say the buserelin is the smaller one now, my right side seems to bruise quick so I may do menopour on the left as thats the biggest and the small on the right

I've found that the nearer my belly button the sensation makes me quesy!!! Lol

I have to mix luveris too, I am not looking forward to that part xx

It's so daunting! Even though I've nursed on the wards and I've mixed I haven't done it for a year and for my@elf Ek !!. Lol

I'm very envious of your being at home today Lisey, im blooming knackered lol

Yeah I swapped sides each day too to even it up.
I found them more painful near the middle too but I was starting to run of space!
Good luck with the mixing, I was so worried I'd get it wrong but by the end it was almost fun and brought DH and I closer!

Yeah I swapped sides each day too to even it up.
I found them more painful near the middle too but I was starting to run of space!
Good luck with the mixing, I was so worried I'd get it wrong but by the end it was almost fun and brought DH and I closer!

Thanks for that hon really do appreciate it, I ask bazillions of questions !

end up like a pin cushion lol!

your right it really does help doing it together doesnt it, plus DH hates that he has no control over the process and feels with him doing the injection it involves him so much more
xx

Sarah I have noticed that if I inject in the area just below my belly button that its worse and far more painful. Its weird. I almost forgot to do my injection today, was about to leave the house with the dogs and I remembered. You're saying the buserelin is the smaller one, do you mean dose or needle? I thought used the same type of needles :/
I feel so bad on everyone that works, makes me feel incredibly lazy but its not forever xx

Isn't it odd with that area wonder why ?

No sorry I'm making no sense today ha ha the dose is smaller needles are the same for both of mine thank goodness x

Oh don't feel bad at all Hon it's fantastic that you can get to do it for sure take the time and enjoy it don't feel lazy at all, your job has been so stressful for you I'm sure it's a welcome relief :) x

Smaller dose, don't worry!
I am at home now actually, I went for my 3 blood tests but she only got one done because I felt dizzy and was then sick and had severe abdominal pain. The nurse told me not to go back to work!

Better now thanks! Got to have the other tests next week. :( It was 7 vials of blood and so is one of the other tests, no wonder I felt sick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back