We are starting ICSI....

xxsammyxx

Reaction score
As the title says....

OH has just called me. We went round to some new friends house last night and we didnt know but they had a 3 month old baby boy. He was gorgeous. I had mixed feelings last night about how i would react being near a newborn but then since I thought I was pregnant last night anyway i couldnt wait to hold him and OH did as well. We talked all night about maybe being pregnant and so we were obviously disappointed when AF arrived today although i wasnt crying or mortified or anything and I told OH I would be calm about it and not to worry about me, which I was.

HOWEVER, he has just this minute called and said "right we are going to go full steam ahead with ICSI I really want this and seeing my colleague with their little baby made me realise even more just how much I want a baby too"
(OH has male factor infertility, low sperm count, low motility, low mobility)

I am over the moon... initially we were going to have to wait until March but he said we can start right away!

Ive told him it would be lovely to have twins and since there is quite a high chance of this with IVF/ICSI - maybe!!!

I hope you will all be able to help me out a little as i can imagine there are a million and one things i have to try and understand now :doh:

Thats fantastic news :cheer: I had ICSI to have my son son if you have any questions just ask :hug: :hug:

Hi Sara... thanks hun :hug:

We have already been to a fertility clinic and i have had the blood tests done for HIV, HEP B/C etc, OH has had his as well and they all came back fine. I had an internal ultrasound scan and my ovaries and womb tested and all looked fine, tubes were clear, plenty of follicles etc. OH's SA test was not good and we were told we had to have ICSI to conceive.

If we started ICSI now how long from the first appointment would you say it would take to carry out the procdure? I know you have to downregulate for a while but didnt know how long it took from start to finish....

Thanks x

When i had ICSI they were testing a new drug and i was asked if i wanted to take part in the clinical trial which would cut the time scale of treatment in half....which i did. Ive still got all my papers etc somewhere but cant remember dates as it was 9 yrs ago.
Ive heard people say they were put to sleep for egg collection....i was awake while i had egg collection. They collected 18 eggs from me.

Great news Sammy! :cheer:

I have had 3 cycles of ICSI so if you need to ask anything....ask away!! The shortest timescale from start to test day would be around 6 weeks but this could change depending on how your body responds, the clinic fitting you in for scans etc etc... But the minimum is around 2 weeks down regulating, 2 weeks after that til egg collection and then 2 weeks til test day.

One thing....has your OH only had 1 SA done? Sperm can vary all the time in quantity and quality. We had 4 tests done in total just to be sure there was a problem with my DH.

I wish you all the luck for when your treatment starts....and hopefully it works first time :pray:

Michelle x

shellbham said:
Great news Sammy! :cheer:

I have had 3 cycles of ICSI so if you need to ask anything....ask away!! The shortest timescale from start to test day would be around 6 weeks but this could change depending on how your body responds, the clinic fitting you in for scans etc etc... But the minimum is around 2 weeks down regulating, 2 weeks after that til egg collection and then 2 weeks til test day.

One thing....has your OH only had 1 SA done? Sperm can vary all the time in quantity and quality. We had 4 tests done in total just to be sure there was a problem with my DH.

I wish you all the luck for when your treatment starts....and hopefully it works first time :pray:

Michelle x

Hi, god it can happen quite quick then!!!! Yes, he has only had one SA done. It was taken at the wrong time as well because it was only 10 hours after BD'ing. They should have left it at least 2 days, but we did try to tell them and they refused to listen. I suppose we will have some more done but basically after a good 18 cycles, we still havent fallen pregnant. I fell with DD after a few weeks so im guessing there is something wrong. He is on zinc and selenium for this problem but he smokes quite heavily as well so i have told him he has to continue with the meds and quit even if for just a couple of months. I am really excited, I was quite shocked when he called me to say this (hes at football 3 hours away) but he said he had got his head around it and wanted to go ahead with it right away! I think his collegues baby has set him off and hes gotten all broody! Bless him :rotfl: Thanks Michelle, im sure i will have loads of questions. Ill start a diary as soon as i get started with it all and if i do anything wrong please tell me girls!!! :hug:

Hi Hun fantastic news babe it will fly by
you wont have to wait that long pretty much what michelle has told you
is what happens .. I go for my egg collection tomorrow so :pray: i have
lots of eggs i only collected 3 eggs on my last icsi which was not good
so hoping for a better outcome tomorrow ..

Onec they take your eggs away they take them away to get fertilised
and then they call you back with the outcome which will be tuesday for me
:pray: they fertilise .. My dh has a sperm problem thats why i have to have
icsi although i got pg natural with twins in jan just gone with no icsi or nothing which is weird but they say it can take 1 yr then another 5 to get ph just down
to luck really as they need help swimming up there ..

You will have to start your diary hun :)
You should not have to wait long cause you ahd all your bloods done
and they haev said you need icsi so they know by your oh sperm sample
what would be the best for you both so you should hear very soon
with a date to pick up your drugs and start your cycle :cheer:
good luck hun :hug:

Hi, wow im amazed at how quick it can happen. OH is busy tomorrow but will get him to make an appointment on Tuesday and go to see doctors asap! I am following your diary on here...going to have another read now :hug:

Goodluck with your cycle hun hope you get your bfp very soon
when do you start have you heard anything ??
:hug: xxxx

Waiting4amiracle said:
Goodluck with your cycle hun hope you get your bfp very soon
when do you start have you heard anything ??
:hug: xxxx

Hi hun, ive just replied to your post and im gutted :(

Thanks very much for taking me through your journey and helping me to understand what to expect... im not looking forward to it!!! Well, we have a doctors appointment on January 13th and i guess the doctor will refer us then, so it will take a while for us to start ICSI. I hope we can get everything sorted and start by March but we will have to see... I will start a diary after our appointment on the 13th (please feel free to step in if you can offer some advice or im doing something wrong!)

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Sammy

I've just read your thread and wanted to wish you luck with your appointment on the 13th, I hope your treatment can start soon. I should be starting my first ICSI cycle on the 13th and will be updating my diary as I go through each stage. If you need any info let me know.

Take care :hug:

Suzie77 said:
Hi Sammy

I've just read your thread and wanted to wish you luck with your appointment on the 13th, I hope your treatment can start soon. I should be starting my first ICSI cycle on the 13th and will be updating my diary as I go through each stage. If you need any info let me know.

Take care :hug:

Hi Suzie, Oooh good luck with your ICSI on the 13th!!!! Thanks for your well wishes :hug: We have a doctors appointment that day who is going to refer us to a clinic. Do you know how long it might take from out appointment on the 13th to when we might be able to start ICSI... you know the waiting period inbetween? I think things move quite quickley out here in Holland. Thanks :hug:

Fab news on your appointment it shouldnt be that long
onec you have been to your appointment you should start your cycle
within the next two mths :cheer: you should be feeling excited so you must
look forward to this cycle cause this where you are gonna get your bfp :cheer:
Yes you have to start a diary i will be reading your diary reading how things
are going etc and supporting you all the way :hug:

Suzie77 fab news on starting your icsi soon hope you get your bfp
and you must do a diary so i can read through it and support you as well as
sammy on your icsi journey :hug:

karen xxx

Waiting4amiracle said:
Fab news on your appointment it shouldnt be that long
onec you have been to your appointment you should start your cycle
within the next two mths :cheer: you should be feeling excited so you must
look forward to this cycle cause this where you are gonna get your bfp :cheer:
Yes you have to start a diary i will be reading your diary reading how things
are going etc and supporting you all the way :hug:

Suzie77 fab news on starting your icsi soon hope you get your bfp
and you must do a diary so i can read through it and support you as well as
sammy on your icsi journey :hug:

karen xxx

Aww thanks Karen... heres hoping we all get our BFP's one way or another this year!!!!
:pray: :pray: :hug:

Hi Sammy

Once you have your referal appointment and they confirm you need ICSI, they can start you as quickly as you next cycle, so it could all be pretty quick :dance:

I had my first appointment with my consultant on 10th November and from that appointment am starting my treatment on 13th January, so its been 2 months. It seems longer though but I suppose things do when you are counting down the hours :D

I went private though, if it was NHS I was told would be 2 years, so its good that you're in Holland :D

Chat soon xx

Hi Hun how are things going have you heard anymore from your clinic
when is your appointment is it in feb ??
:hug:

Hi, our appointment is the 9th February @1pm... we have been told to take all the test results. It will be private as we have private medical insurance and get 3 attempts free... it seems like a lifetime away. Im not even excited, i think ive just gone past hoping anymore. Im sure ill feel different after the appointment :hug:

Hi, We have our fist apt at our new fertility clinic... we have had all our tests at another clinic so they said we should not have to repeat these tests and just to take our results with us to the new clinic... So off we go to the new clinic on Monday 9th Feb @ 1pm. Hopefully we should start our treatment soon as we are claiming through private medical care insurance. I hope we fall on our first attempt at IVF (we have 3 attempts!) Wish us luck!!!! :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back