First icsi

FBTTN8079

Reaction score
Hey ladies so after nearly 3 years of ttc with male factor we now have a date to start our first round of ICSI

It will be long protocol and I'm waiting for day 21 to start the Progynova

I'm so ready for our own little family but I'm also finding the process a littke scary, the meds, injections and the what if's .... But then the whole ltttc without any answers at all is equally hard, so I am telling myself at least there's a plan ...

Is there anything diet wise that I should do leading up and during the cycle that could help also?

Sorry for my long ramble :)
Sarah x

I'm only just starting my IVF journey so no advice sorry but just wanted to say good luck! X

Hi Sarah, I think I'm more or less at the same stage as you. - I'm currently waiting for day 21 to take norethisterone. How long do you take the progynova for?

I know exactly what you mean about the process being scary - I'm terrified of needles so definitely not looking forward to that bit!

In terms of diet, I'm attempting to be as healthy as possible just now - I need to shift a few lbs so it's the motivation I need!!

Trying to stay as positive as possible but like you can't help but think about all the what if's. It's been a hard few years watching all our friends fall pregnant and have beautiful babies, but think it's made us all the more determined that this is our turn now!

Ramble away, it's always good to read that others are feeling the same :)

Exx

Hiya we're waiting to start an ivf cycle in the new year and in the ivf pack ive read to avoid caffeine in tea coffee carbonated drinks etc, stop alcohol as it can affect quality of sperms 3mths down the line and as its also male factor for us he's def taking that on board! Good luck & keep us posted xx

I think general healthy eating, exercise and follic acid, I've been taking Pregnacare vitamins this time as they contain everything you need. They do male ones too. Good luck!

Hi Sarah, I think I'm more or less at the same stage as you. - I'm currently waiting for day 21 to take norethisterone. How long do you take the progynova for?

I know exactly what you mean about the process being scary - I'm terrified of needles so definitely not looking forward to that bit!

In terms of diet, I'm attempting to be as healthy as possible just now - I need to shift a few lbs so it's the motivation I need!!

Trying to stay as positive as possible but like you can't help but think about all the what if's. It's been a hard few years watching all our friends fall pregnant and have beautiful babies, but think it's made us all the more determined that this is our turn now!

Ramble away, it's always good to read that others are feeling the same :)

Exx

Hiya, ah excellent, I start the progynova next Friday & it stops on day 1 as start the buselin & prednisolone on day 2

Yeah it's a strange feeling & it's funny as I give injections but can't imagine giving myself one ! But it's all worth it as like you say you see soooo many friends and family have babies while you try so hard so positive is the way forward for sure :) let me know how yours is going, can have some icsi buddies :) xx

I think general healthy eating, exercise and follic acid, I've been taking Pregnacare vitamins this time as they contain everything you need. They do male ones too. Good luck!

Thanks blueflower, I am going to get back into my exercise, only went gym twice while away & just get some nice healthy food going for both of us :) xxx

Hiya we're waiting to start an ivf cycle in the new year and in the ivf pack ive read to avoid caffeine in tea coffee carbonated drinks etc, stop alcohol as it can affect quality of sperms 3mths down the line and as its also male factor for us he's def taking that on board! Good luck & keep us posted xx

Ah excellent thanks hon, we've had supplements from the fertility clinic which have been fab and I've now bought decaff stuff too, I read somewhere last night that during the process to avoid herbal teas and my pack says avoid soft cheeses and pate during the treatment process also x

I'm only just starting my IVF journey so no advice sorry but just wanted to say good luck! X

Thank you hun :) where abouts r u at ? X

Ive been accepted by NHS and am just arranging my first consultation at the IVF clinic now. Hoping to start cycle#1 this cycle which is about to start or Jan 2015.

How many days now until you start Progynova? xx

Last edited:

Thank you hun :) where abouts r u at ? X

Ive been accepted by NHS and am just arranging my first consultation at the IVF clinic now. Hoping to start cycle#1 this cycle which is about to start or Jan 2015.

How many days now until you start Progynova? xx

Ah thays excellent, it's a relief when a plan comes in to place isn't it

Next Friday I start my progynova x

I've just had a successful Frozen transfer and to prepare I didn't do anything too drastic. I didn't drink for 6 weeks before my transfer. I had IVF in June but got sick and couldn't have transfer. I was taking the fertility well woman tablets for that month also, previously I only took folic acid. I eat lots of hot veg, porridge and tried to be as good as possible without being overly strict. I didn't exercise except occasional walk. I cut out all herbal teas, tea and coffee as they contain caffeine. That's all I done really :) after transfer i just eat like I was pregnant but continued life as normal just didn't lift anything. Wishing you all lots of luck xxx

Just wanted to pop in and wish you luck, I didn't know this about herbal teas, my acupuncturist said they were fine and encouraged me to drink them. I got some strawberry and raspberry tea today, hope that's ok. I already drink caffeine free normal tea. I do miss a mocha though, I have cravings for it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back