Today I start the pill in preparation for ICSI

Blondie Em

Reaction score
Hello

Haven't been on here for a while but just wondering if there is anyone going through the same process as me at the moment. We have been trying for a baby for 3.5 years and evetually plucked up the courage last year to see whats going on. We were accepted for IVF by ICSI and I have taken my first pill today to regulate my periods hopefully in preparation for treatment mid October.

Not many people know what we are doing as I didn't want all the (well intended) questions from others :x so we don't have many people to chat things through with apart from each other!

Good luck to everyone with your own journeys xxx

Hiya Em :)

There are a couple of ladies having IVF/ICSI that have already started down regulating just recently and then there is me that will start DR about 3rd October for ICSI.

So what is your infertility? Is it male and female factor?

Are you on long protocol?

Last edited:
Hi Em,
i really hope everything goes well for you. I am in the process of being refered to hospital as weve just discovered that OH lil swimmers arnt as fast as they should be.

people have told me that we may be offered IUI, Is this similar to ISCI? I find it all a little bit confusing. once you got the ball rolling was it a long wait before you started the treatment process? i'm really not sure what to expect xxx

Hi Em I'm in the same process, I started my pills 2 weeks ago & start the dreaded injections on Monday.
Louise B's diary of her ICSI is really helpful so you know what to expect from a real person & not just what the doctors tell you. I found it calmed me down as I was freaking out a bit when all the drugs arrived.

Good luck!

Aww Buggy, that's such a nice thing to say :hug:

I was thinking of starting another one but not sure if i wouldn't just be repeating myself :roll:

Last edited:
It did really help me Louise so I'd defo say do it again. I don't have the patience or the time at the moment to do one plus I'm rubbish as writing id probably depress everyone! Your are really good.
I did my first injection this morning and it was fine, didn't need hubbie I managed to cope myself. Found it took more force than I expected to jab it in & push the plunger but I did it. Very happy with myself.

Aw that's great buggy :)

Wait until you get the Menopur injections - now those buggers are a two hand job to plunge :shock:

Hello everyone

Sorry for not replying sooner, not had the greatest couple of weeks. Thanks for all your replies and good luck wishes I really appreciate them.

LouiseB - our infertility is due to the male factor and yes we are doing the long protocol. Have been on Buseryln for 2.5 weeks now and started Menapur injections on Friday. Had bloods and scan on Friday, there were 11 follicles in total. Got to go back tomorrow for another blood test but all being well should be having egg collection w/c 10th October.

Jazzy - not sure what IUI is but we were acceptd for IVF on 14th Feb this year and were brought forward twice so I would say about a year maximum wait had we not been brought forward.

Really, really stressed at the moment from so many different angles so my only mission is to try and chill out and relax. The nurse took one look at me on Friday and knew instantly that I was menopausal. I'm not a walking wreck or anything but she said she could see it in my eyes. Really couldn't have picked a worse time to be going through IVF but we've come too far to back out now, I just need to put all the other cr*p to one side and worry about that later.......sound like I'm trying to convince myself there! lol

That was longer than intended, sorry, lots of good luck wishes to everyone else on here xxx

Hiya Em :)

Sorry that you are feeling so stressed :hug:

Congrats for having 11 follicles - that's really good.

Good luck for the 10th :good:

Wait until you get the Menopur injections - now those buggers are a two hand job to plunge :shock:[/QUOTE said:
I concur with this statement! The Buseryln was a breeze in comparison but when alls said and done it's not that bad. The mixing up of the Menopur is so time consuming and I'm paranoid about the bubbles that I flick the plunger within an inch of it's life!!!!

Thanks Louise

Good luck to you too with your current cycle. I laughed at your photo of your medication, I got a shock when I received mine too! Not looking forward to inserting anal pessaries twice a day either, but it's just another day in the long suffering and undignified life of a woman TTC with IVF!!!!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back