• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2021 mummies!

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this site and new to the pregnancy journey! I'm due on Feb 19 .2021. This will be my first baby at age 38, so I'm rather nervous. I'm almost 6 weeks and don't really have any symptoms besides a missing period and a BFP. Some days I have some breast soreness and bloating and a slight temp, but some days I don't feel pregnant. I obsess about symptoms because I'm afraid of a miscarriage. I had a chemical pregnancy when I was 35 that I lost right after my period was due, so I'm hopeful since I made it this far!

Hello there! Welcome! Hope all goes nice and smooth this time.

I'm 38 too, altho not for too long anymore, my 39th birthday is on sunday. I'm a bit worried too but I dont think older age automaticly means you're gonna have everything go wrong. The way I think of it is that there's not much I can do at this point but eat well, rest, drink enough water, take all the vitamins. It's not good to worry too much. What happens, happens. But I also understand your concern because of what you've been through. Much luck to you and to all of us! :angel:

I’m also 38, 39 in August. Glad there are a fee old-timers around :lol:

Hey everyone! Just checking back in! I ended up with an emergency scan on Monday as they thought my pregnancy may be eptopic, it isn't and we got to see a tiny blob with a heartbeat.. I measured at 5+6 as apposed to 6+1 but still around where we thought and I had my 12 week scan come today for 4th August.. Cannot wait x

Hey everyone! Just checking back in! I ended up with an emergency scan on Monday as they thought my pregnancy may be eptopic, it isn't and we got to see a tiny blob with a heartbeat.. I measured at 5+6 as apposed to 6+1 but still around where we thought and I had my 12 week scan come today for 4th August.. Cannot wait x
Oooooohh bet that was a scare! Good news though - eeeek... exciting! Xxxx

Ah how lovely :) all very real when the 12 week scan comes through. I take it you’ve booked with your midwife already then? My booking is on Friday xx

All of my appointments seem so late, feel like I have to wait ages, I’ll be over 10 weeks for my booking in appointment which is be being done over the phone ( is everyone else’s? ) and 14 weeks for my first scan and it says no partners allowed which is a shame :-(

All of my appointments seem so late, feel like I have to wait ages, I’ll be over 10 weeks for my booking in appointment which is be being done over the phone ( is everyone else’s? ) and 14 weeks for my first scan and it says no partners allowed which is a shame :-(

From what I've heard at my work, you pretty much don't meet your midwife till after 20 weeks! As bookings are on the phone etc

I have my over the phone appointment with midwife on Monday when I’ll be 7+1, my private scan on Wednesday when I’ll be 7+3 and I’m guessing on Monday the midwife will book me in for my 12 week? I’m sure it’ll all feel very real after that!!! Xx

I have my over the phone appointment with midwife on Monday when I’ll be 7+1, my private scan on Wednesday when I’ll be 7+3 and I’m guessing on Monday the midwife will book me in for my 12 week? I’m sure it’ll all feel very real after that!!! Xx
Both my last pregnancies my booking in and bloods were at 8 weeks with the midwife, then scan about 12, so this time is going to feel like a long wait x

Most of our booking appointments are via telephone, it’s so you’re not exposed to a clinic for too long a period at the moment due to Covid. We are seeing women at our trust for 16 week appointments face to face.
Of course all trusts are different, depending on the hospital chosen by the lady, we either book scans for them or the hospital does it and she gets a letter.
My booking is face to face but I’m at work that day so one if my colleagues is doing it for me, providing all goes well with the scan that I’m having beforehand of course.

So for booking the history is taken via telephone then you nip in to get bloods taken, a urine sample, blood pressure and BMI.

I'll turn 39 just before I have this one lol. There are a lot of us doing it now

New here please may I join? Hopefully expecting baby number 2. Not sure how long I will be here for though.

Monday 15th I found out I was pregnant 1-2 weeks on a clearblue.
Tuesday 23rd I was rushed to hospital suspected eptopic pregnancy.. had a ultrasound next morning but couldn’t find baby.. I would have been around 4weeks 4 days? Roughly.. I was full of blood internal bleeding they thought they see a mass in my tube and
Thought it was baby. Anyway within 20-30
Minutes my room was full of surgeons doctors and nurses prepping me for theatre I had to sign consent forums that they were removing baby and my tube My hcg levels where 1500.

I woke up from surgery and they said when they where in there my tubes looked clear so they never removed it and I got diagnosed with a ruptured corpus luteum cyst It caused internal bleeding from my ovary around 500ml of blood. They have said I could still be pregnant but pregnancy is currently of a unknown location they have told me it’s 50/50. They were careful in What they gave me in surgery etc I will have another scan on the 1st of July to see if they can locate the pregnancy. Roughly due 26th feb. I’m praying they find baby. I’m currently at home recovering from surgery x

Reactions: LJD
New here please may I join? Hopefully expecting baby number 2. Not sure how long I will be here for though.

Tuesday 23rd I was rushed to hospital suspected eptopic pregnancy.. had a ultrasound next morning but couldn’t find baby.. I would have been around 4weeks 4 days? Roughly.. I was full of blood internal bleeding they thought they see a mass in my tube and
Minutes my room was full of surgeons doctors and nurses prepping me for theatre I had to sign consent forums that they were removing baby and my tube My hcg levels where 1500.

I woke up from surgery and they said when they where in there my tubes looked clear so they never removed it and I got diagnosed with a ruptured corpus luteum cyst It caused internal bleeding from my ovary around 500ml of blood. They have said I could still be pregnant but pregnancy is currently of a unknown location they have told me it’s 50/50. They were careful in What they gave me in surgery etc I will have another scan on the 1st of July to see if they can locate the pregnancy. Roughly due 26th feb. I’m praying they find baby. I’m currently at home recovering from surgery x
Bless you, you’ve had a scary time! Really hope everything works out well for you, and that the next scan brings happy news xx

I have been struggling will be 8 weeks monday. I nap every day atm ha in the afternoon. Been sick, constipated, bloated, mood swings and my boobs are agony but I am over the moon.
The other ones seem to have let me off easy

Fingers crossed for you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back