Due in September

We certainly do have our own stories about birth, but here we all are doing it again lol

Happy 12 weeks Rose and yay for scan day soon. I hope I'm not waiting too long for a scan date.

Ttcno2 how exciting, I felt flutters from 14 weeks with my 3rd. Cant wait to feel the baby move.

Is anyone watching the series ‘babies’ on Netflix. It’s so interesting and I’m learning loads :smile:

Hmm I honestly don’t know about the bigger baby thing. I mean I guess my biggest was the easiest but I don’t know if that’s why he was or not!

[QUOT"chattychar1990, post: 5032801, member: 186947"]Is anyone watching the series ‘babies’ on Netflix. It’s so interesting and I’m learning loads :smile:[/QUOTE]

Havent heard off it but I might watch it. I do love Netflix

I think I did here about the series called babies but not watched it yet. I'm torturing myself and watching one born every minute from series 1 on the all4 app. I will watch it at some point though.

So last night and today I swear I've felt the odd little flutter of baby. Surely 10+3wks (using the last scan dates) is too early. If it's not, it certainly feels like those early baby movements, it's so weird!

I think I did here about the series called babies but not watched it yet. I'm torturing myself and watching one born every minute from series 1 on the all4 app. I will watch it at some point though.

So last night and today I swear I've felt the odd little flutter of baby. Surely 10+3wks (using the last scan dates) is too early. If it's not, it certainly feels like those early baby movements, it's so weird!

I really think that when I first noticed something but thought It was impossible but alot people say they feel flutters earlier when having had babies already.
I still feel the odd one but still at the stage were I can def say it is lol.
I'm like 'oh is that baby or some wind' lol

Had a bad bad morning with sickness this morning. Was sick on the school run in an alleyway, how mortifying! Now sat back at home and grateful for the 6 hours to myself.

Oh no Kanga poor you. Def rest up till kids get home x

@Rose83 today is scan day isnt it?

Oh no Kanga poor you. Def rest up till kids get home x

@Rose83 today is scan day isnt it?
Nope not til Wednesday for me! But I’m so excited that it’s this week! I’ll be honest I’m mainly excited because I’m really hoping to see a nub and get an indication of sex! We’re still planning to hold off telling anyone until we have the gender scan at the end of the month. Although I see my parents in two weeks and I’m sure they are going to notice I am massively changed in size since they last saw me!

I was fairly sure I felt my third baby at 10 weeks with the little flutters but this time I haven’t noticed anything that I haven’t just decided was wind!

@angel babe - How did your scan go lovely? xx
Hiya sorry I’m late been busy busy my scan was amazing all went well little bubba waving and kicking about they have put me the 29th august but I’m normal 2 weeks late so I’m staying hear. Glad your scan went well xx

@kanga86 - that must have been awful - i hope the sickness calms down for you <3

@angel babe - glad the scan went well hun. i will change your due date over on the 2nd trimester thread. Definitely stay with us :)

Is anyone constipated. Its so annoying, i have never suffered before and go quit regularly. Sorry to be disgusting but its literally there wanting to come out but it just won't budge!! xx

So far I've been ok that way this pregnancy.
Try eat some very high fibre food hopefully that will work. Bran flakes always works for me.

Last edited:
Char I'm suffering with constipation but that's because of the anti sickness meds I'm on. I have to take lactulose as it's the only way I can go and even then it's a struggle.

Glad your scan went well angelbabe

I seem to be alternating between being constipated or being explosive. Great.

Great to hear that your scan went well angelbabe. Can't wait for mine. Hit 10w today.
Sorry to hear about the sickness Rose, sounds horrible.

Been feeling at bit on and off these last few days. Nausea isn't constant anymore but seems to come in waves. Been so tired though. I'm feeling so lazy. Needing to collapse in the sofa and/or nap quite a bit. But feel like I've been tossing and turning a lot at night. Also feeling very short tempered with my DD. Feeling really guilty about that.

Got told that my nephews got chickenpox. Bit annoying as I'm not sure if I've had it, and my mum can't remember. I would just avoid him, but my mum looks after him and my DD fairly regularly. I'm not too worried about DD as she'll probably get it some point (although it will be difficult), more me cos of the pregnancy. Spoke to my mw and they're going to run my bloods and should hopefully let me know by tomorrow pm if I've got antibodies. Don't really want to have to tell my family till I've had my scan at 12+3. Will obvs still avoid him, but hopefully I've got antibodies.

I seem to be alternating between being constipated or being explosive. Great.

Great to hear that your scan went well angelbabe. Can't wait for mine. Hit 10w today.
Sorry to hear about the sickness Rose, sounds horrible.

Been feeling at bit on and off these last few days. Nausea isn't constant anymore but seems to come in waves. Been so tired though. I'm feeling so lazy. Needing to collapse in the sofa and/or nap quite a bit. But feel like I've been tossing and turning a lot at night. Also feeling very short tempered with my DD. Feeling really guilty about that.

Got told that my nephews got chickenpox. Bit annoying as I'm not sure if I've had it, and my mum can't remember. I would just avoid him, but my mum looks after him and my DD fairly regularly. I'm not too worried about DD as she'll probably get it some point (although it will be difficult), more me cos of the pregnancy. Spoke to my mw and they're going to run my bloods and should hopefully let me know by tomorrow pm if I've got antibodies. Don't really want to have to tell my family till I've had my scan at 12+3. Will obvs still avoid him, but hopefully I've got antibodies.
Yayy to 10 weeks Amy :cheer:
Both my niece and nephew have had chickenpox over the last month but i had it as a child. Really close to them so i see them atleast once a week but i have just been telling them no cuddle or kisses until they are better.
Hope you start to feel better soon with the waves of nausea xx

Hello ladies! I’m so excited for my scan tomorrow that I’m having to deep clean my house to keep me occupied today - which is basically unheard of :rotfl:

I’ve got an electrician coming out to do a quote for our kitchen renovations as I’m getting absolutely nowhere with it all as no one ever seems to come back with a quote or they are so ridiculously high I can’t even consider them!

How exciting Rose.

I feel I got loads energy back so yestrday sorted out my untily room and some off the kitchen washed all down as dust still sitting around.
Next I need to do is the back toliet. We dont use it yet as there still loads tiles and packaging in it. Feel like I'm on a roll and finally achieving stuff after we moved in. Feels good for the head that's for sure.

Amy I'm with you on the tiredness front. I end up waking up most nights and then unable to get back to sleep as my mind goes into a spin about everything, can be awake for 2hrs some times.

So excited for your scan Rose, it's so nice we are all nearing the end of tri 1. With the sickness and nausea I'm not able to do much more that sit on the sofa all day, with maybe the odd little job, so don't know how you have the energy to deep clean lol

I had my midwife appt this morning and it went well. I'm going to end up with quite a few appts through this pregnancy as my BMI is 40 so may need extra care in labour, they even want me to see an anaesthetist during pregnancy in case I need an epidural or spinal in labour. Hoping I wont with how my last labour went. Also because I've had two small for gestational age babies I will get extra scans at 28,32,36 and 40 weeks to monitor baby's growth. Which is reassuring, then I have to have the horrid GTT to check for gestational diabetes.

Haha Kanga I’m not sure where I got the energy either. I’m exhausted now and in a lot of pain from my sciatica and pelvis issues. Feel like I’m falling apart! Sickness like yours is just awful. The nausea for me was bad enough and I did just lay on the sofa for days but I can’t imagine being sick as much as you will be.

My BMI is 30, I’ve had huge babies and my dad is a type 2 diabetic so I meet all the criteria for needing to have the GTT. I’ve never had gestational diabetes but have had to have the test with all 3 pregnancies and it’s such a horrible experience. I don’t know what yours is like but mine changed last time and now rather than just have you sitting around doing whatever you want to while the drink takes effect they make you sit in a two hour ‘class’ on how to eat healthily to control GD. Which is infuriating when you know you’re more than likely not going to have it!

Oh no Rose, I don't think I could bear sitting in a class being told what to do. I've had the test in 2 of the pregnancies and it's always come back fine so don't expect it to be different this time. Although I am disappointed that I am the weight I am and I do plan to eat as healthy as I can once this sickness disappears.

I can imagine your sciatica is giving you pain now, I really sympathise for you. I was really bad in Alfie's pregnancy with sciatica and I had a really bad 6 months last year with it so I do expect it at some point. Glad I don't have to contend with it as well as sickness at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back