Doctor said ive had a miscarriage - but im still hopeful?

Did you go to A&E?? im really confused how your rests a quite strong and the doctors got a negative, also with the 1-2 weeks on cb digital maybe the first time you test you were really early and its only been a week, Fingers crossed for you hun xxx

Hi sorry you are in this awful situation. If you are in a lot of pain I really think you need a professional diagnosis - maybe ring the out of hours doc today or NHS Direct or go to A&E as this needs investigating as soon as possible. It may be that everything's ok but you need to know for your own health and sanity.

As the others have said the tests really aren't telling you anything conclusive. What i would say however is that 1-2 weeks on a cb digital indicates that your hcg is less than 200. How many weeks pg should you be and how many days ago did you get your first bfp? On the basis that hcg should double every couple of days this should give you an idea of whether your hcg is rising as it should be. This is not an exact science but it will probably give you a better idea than studying lines.

It is important that you get medical help ASAP so please take those steps today.

xxx

I went A&E last night and they kept me in overnight did my bloods they said they are high but they didn't give me the numbers and I asked 3 times :-/. Had a scan there's a very small sac about 3 weeks which would be correct anyway got a scan in 2 weeks at epu to see if the sac has grown and to check my tubes. I had pains in my shoulder today and yesterday but at least now I've got 2 weeks to wait roughly they have got send my info to epu and they will contact me. A doctor also told me to go my doctors to get folic acid and be referred to see a midwife but she did say to me you will have a scan in 2 weeks to see if the sac has grown and to check your tubes. I got a positive at A&E last night on pregnancy test, my urine tested for blood cells & white cells but not enough to show an infection or enough for an infection something like that. I've had no bleeding as of yet and I haven't tested either. I have read good and bad about cb digital so I'm not sure what to say about them but I'll be 21dpo tomorrow so that's 3 weeks. Counting the days now lol. Wish I knew my hcg numbers but then I would just be going online comparing and they said everyone's hcg is different.

I am glad you went to a&e hun, fx the sac grows and is in the right place.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Thank you me too :) they checked my ovaries through a vaginal scan they said everything seemed to of looked ok but if it was growing in the wrong place would it affect my ovaries? Also I haven't had an exact date for a scan but they said 2 weeks that would make me around 5 weeks .. Only thing is do I ask them make it a bit later because if the sac is growing in the correct place and there's no heartbeat ill be worrying again .. But id like to know ASAP in the meantime if it is an ectopic. Argh!! But they said go get folic acid which I can't buy any because I can't swallow tablets the doctor said they are tiny I've had this argument with my doctor and I can't swallow tablets at all i have dissolvable or liquid form. The only way I can get liquid form is from my doctor n that would mean making an appointment which I don't mind but I don't want her moaning at me :-/

I'm glad you've been to A & E hun, do they know what's causing the pain?

If you're 21 dpo then technically you're about 5 weeks now as they count back to your last period. In another 2 weeks you should be 7 weeks and there should be a heartbeat at that stage. It's always possible that you ov'd a bit later than you think or that you've got a late implanter though. Good luck xx

So is the sac measuring too small then? I ovulated 10th December 11th latest I got a positive on the 20th so can't of ovulated any later then that I wouldn't of thought. They still don't know what's causing the pains no and I've still got them x

Thanks for all your support ladies but I've decided to leave this forum now as I was fine now I'm worrying thinking I should be 5 weeks and not 3 and I'm worrying now so i am gonna take a break for a while as I am worrying now I have a banging head and feel sick now. Hope you all have a new year.

Most docs/midwives calculate pregnancy from the 1st day of your last period. What date was that? No one is trying to make you worry just giving you advice. Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

Sorry hun, i wasn't trying to upset you. I hope you get a good outcome in 2 weeks xx

Hi ladies sorry to bump my thread back up ... i didnt mean my post horrible sorry, its just that i was driving myself crazy and sometimes reading negative stuff online doesnt help GOOGLE especially (my own fault)

Sorry it was me, i was testing everyday, worrying 24/7and making myself and it was affecting me and my OH. I'm very glad to say i last tested on monday . on frer, out of curiosity and i have NOT tested since even with internet cheapies and with my son i tested everyday until my first scan .

I feel so much better, more relaxed, yes i am still worried, but i feel more positive now and i think it was what i needed, ive been on google lol driving myself mad but i dont talk about it constantly now.

Just thought id update my situation as you were all so supporitve :) I have been my doctors today (adviced by hospital) to be referred to the midwife who i wont see until im 8 weeks anyway but thats if everything goes ok from now until then. I have rang epu today as the A&E wanted me go back for a follow up scan in 2 weeks, i have just got my date, 14th january at 9.30 im soooo nervous and excited! I'm just glad ive got the date now i know its 11 days away but ive got something look forward to or get answers from if that makes sense?

I've still been getting the pains in my back, and i went my doctors today anyway as they wanted me to go to be referred and basically my mum rang up yesterday for me ( i had a sickness bug) and asked if they could please prescribe me folic acid because thats what the hospital told me to do to get some however i cant swallow tablets so ive had to have it in liquid form. There was some form of confusion and my doctor prescribed me iron LOL but my mum definitely said folic acid because i was there on the settee feeling sick.

But i have been feeling tired a lot just lately, not sure if its just because i go bed late ish and get up early ish but i just feel constantly tired ... doctor let me have the prescription so theres no harm taking it for a few weeks see if it helps. Also just after id had my son i had very low iron and she had to give me some then, i know i havent just give birth lol, but just saying x

Also i said about the pains in my back and the hospital said that there was white cells in my urine and he said that there either wasnt enough to detect a infection or show infection, something like that. But she said the hospital are really strict she goes off symptoms and i think im going wee a lot recently so shes prescribed me anti biotics too, hopefully that will ease my back pain and in my sides.

I've had no bleeding, no brown or pink nothing so i am hoping thats a good sign i know its very early days but i just worry.

I've had the sickness bug yesterday grrr lol felt so ill !! But feel so better now, got headache again. Not sure if its from worrying still or my doctor said it could be hormones, but i did suffer with headaches with my son a lot but not sure if it was early on but i definitely had some.

Also i got my bfp on 20th december and on the 21st i had a temp tooth filling as i was like trying put it off and wait until 2nd tri again if everything goes ok and basically i was up every night taking tablets and not sleeping i was so drained getting up with my son i had to go the dentist told her i found out i was pregnant and she was nice she said they say its safe but they dont advice because of 1st trimester is the most important for growth, etc.

But she said it would be ok so i had a temp filling with anesthetic now i told my doctor today and she said its too late worry about it now.

I feel absolutely awful i dont drink i dont smoke i dont do nothing bad and i just hope i dont cause myself a miscarriage by having anesthetic. It was either that or keep taking tablets, and that isnt safe either is it.

And also in my tww i was taking a lot of tablets (for my tooth) again i feel awful about that, someone said to me on a group on facebook it would be ok because that was only the implantation ... but i dont know.

I've only took paracetemol now and thats been for my headaches and back i try to just carry on but it was literally knocking me sick and i was in agony. I've currently got headache at the moment, grrr. But just gonna try sleep it off tonight.

So anyway, my scan date is 14th january at 9.30 and im soooooo happy its worked out great my boyfriend can come because hes off work that week and his work is really strict and wont let him make his hours up etc or have the morning off, or book it off holiday (with notice)

So its worked out great. Not sure if i will see a hb if everything is ok because the sac measured 3-4 weeks on sunday. BUT i am hoping that because there was a sac .. and from what ive read you usually have a sac around 4 weeks on google? not sure if thats correct, just what ive read. I'm hoping i was/am near to 4 weeks then 3. But i ovulated on 10th december so i dunno ... i got my bfp on 20th, and it was very faint, but got 1-2 on cb digital that date.

Sorry for the long post and rambling. I feel so much better for taking a break and not constantly going on google. Sorry for posting on the miscarriage section on my update, but i first posted on here with my doctor saying ive had a mc.

Happy new year ladies! And hope you are all well.

Sorry for my last post again, i really do appreciate the support its fantastic, i just needed a break for myself stressing i know its only been a few days but i feel so much better. And i will be counting down the days now lol!

Hopefully on the 14th january i can post and say my scan went great .. there was a hb, etc etc. Fingers crossed!! Sorry again for rambling xx

Glad you're feeling better. xx

thank you me too :) i feel better in myself for stressing, but i feel like crap as in headaches, sickness bug yesterday lol! grrr. I am hoping my anti biotics will help the back pain, and also i start my folic acid tomorrow as theyve had to order it in. xx

No worries hun, we just wanted things to be clear for you! Fingers crossed for 14th! Xx

thank you :) will be on and off for a few days as i have awful headaches :(

Just trying work out my dates, so confusing because i dont know if they are right or if i am really behind :( or if the sac has grown .. but stopped

My last period was 18th december, until around the 23rd (i didnt track when it ended) but its usually 5 days. My cycles are 35 days ... and i got a positive cb digital ovulation on 9th december and on my ff fertility app its got my periods correct when they are due .. and it had this

7th,8th,9th as my fertile days, and 10th most likely to ovulate and then 11th fertile day 5. So ive put my dpo since 10th december.

OK sorry for tmi but these are the days we had sex/dtd .. sad i know lol !!

7th december no preseed, 8th december with preseed, 9th december with preseed and 10th december with preseed.

So they are the dates. And i got my bfp on 20th december

on sunday just gone, i had a scan to see if its ectopic, and a sac is measuring 3-4 weeks through vaginal scan. Now from what i have read there isnt a sac until around 4 weeks? or 3 weeks and a few days?

Do my dates sound ok or really out? Because im so confused .. thank u ladies, and sorry for tmi. x

oh and my af was due 23rd december x x

Last edited:
Does anyone know the absolute earliest you can see a sac on a scan? On vaginal at all? Only answer i find is 4 weeks, or possibly 3 weeks few days .. was just wondering.

At least in 11 days i will know either way hopefully!x x

Id say 4 to 5 weeks hun x I hope your little bean is just shy

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

thanks netty :) well the sac waas measuring 3-4 weeks, hopefully im near to the 4 week mark well on sunday. Just want 11 days go fast now! xx

I bet what a traumatic thing to go through I have my fingers crossed for you lovely.

You may not see a heart beat but you should see the stem and sac xxx

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

Did you mean period was 18th November? Not December? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back