Doctor said ive had a miscarriage - but im still hopeful?

Mummy2toddler

Reaction score
Hi ladies i was wondering if anyone could help me please ive posted on 2 sections but no replies as of yet so i was wondering if anyone has had this please.

I had a mc september 2011
and chemical last month

So basically i got my bfp last thursday and it was going darker until saturday then sunday afternoon it was fainter, and fainter since. On saturday i had a awful pain in my left side and then it went all through my stomach and in my sides.

I've now got awful pains in my back to the point where i could cry :( seriously and in my sides too and a lot of stomach aches. Lines still the same really .... AF was due yesterday but no show as of yet.

Now ive had no blood (yet) but i went doctors today and he did a test bfn, and he also i thought i had a urine infection which i havent but there is blood in my urine.

I am or would be 14dpo

has anyone ever had this with there loss? his words to me were that there pregnancy tests are sensitive .... do not test again and you have had a miscarriage.

well tbh id say a chemical as 14dpo imo is way too early for a mc surely?

Just wish i knew :(
thanks
xx

It's not to early no mine was 17 dpo tested 14 bfp then got lighter n lighter till neg n then bleeding started I'd say if tests got fainter then it's highly likely it's a chemical sorry fir yet another loss I've had 3 myself in 18 months so unfair xxxx

Sorry you are going through such a upsetting and confusing time, being in limbo is horrid. A chemical is just a very early MC, so it could be called either. What day did you get your last line? And what tests are you using? Often the tests the doctors use are not super sensitive, although most tests will usually show a bfp by the day your period is due. I have read several threads where women got a BFN from their doc after a BFP at home and were still pregnant so maybe there is still hope. Did you test since you went to the doctors? The fact that the lines were getting progressively darker then started to get lighter could be from a decrease in hormones from the pregnancy failing but using urine tests like that isn't very accurate. The amount of hormones in your urine can vary according to the amount of liquid you have drank, time of day etc and the tests can vary in sensitivity (even between the same brand). If it's a chemical your 'period' won't usually come until the pregnancy hormones are mostly gone from the body so it can make your period a little late. Blood in the urine is not uncommon just before your period.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies I am so sorry to hear of your losses jojo it's so awful I wouldn't wish it on anyone :-(. We were ttc 5 months bfp chemical bfp now I'm in limbo/ most probably another loss more than likely x

Thanks for your reply bunny I have been testing using first response pregnancy test and also today I have used Internet cheapie which I got a faint bfp on today but I am going to test tomorrow using another Internet cheapie and compare. I have 2 first response left from 12 :-( grr lol. The lines got lighter on Saturday night but on Saturday morning I had my darkest line so far as I had pains started on Saturday so I tested as I was worried about an ectopic. I have read about if it is a chemical that my AF will be late but I will post the pictures of my tests later if that's ok as on my phone at the moment and I think I have saved 7 tests and on about 4-5 the lines look very similar. I'm clutching at straws really. Also I was hoping the reason I had blood in my urine was because if I possibly do have a urine infection that its only just started which is why it hasn't been picked up at the doctors? But that's just clutching at straws again in a little bit of hope

I think the first response pregnancy tests will be more sensitive than what the doctors use. If you got a clear pink line today on your internet cheapie, even if it is faint, I'd say that's a good sign. The waiting is terrible but the only way to know for sure is to test again in a day or two. As for pains, I had all sorts of pains the first week of my BFP. I think it was the pregnancy hormones that my ligaments relax and my stomach bloated, sadly my first was a chemical, the second stuck though, the symptoms were pretty much the same, which scared me the second time round but everything was fine.

Last edited:
Sorry hun, did your doc so a hcg nblood test? If your not bleeding yet but are experiencing pain you need to check what is going on.

As for blood in pee, def is a urine infection and that may be where your pain is coming from so get some of the cystitis meds or some snti biotics from doc.

Thanks ladies i will test tomorrow and update. Just photographed my tests but cant find the lead to my phone charger :(

My doctor is awful he wont do blood tests and said nothing about an infection has come up which is fair enough thats not his fault but its in my back, i could cry because of the limbo and the pain in my back :/ arghh.

Will test tomorrow and update :)

hope you all have a merry christmas, ive got my lovely 2 year old to keep me busy hopefully x x

These pains arent like what i had with my son i remember the ones with my son kind of ... but this pain ive had before when ive had a urine infection its kind of like a cold in my back kinda feeling if that makes sense? they only started on saturday.

Could me of getting pregnant caused it at like 10-11dpo ? bit daft i know lol? just as i read infections are quite common when pregnant x x

EDIT: i get stomach ache then pains in my hips/side and in my back all around mainly at the bottom but sometimes at the top. My urine seems quite dark too? But im going keep an eye on that over a few days and also i did a test earlier and my wee looked like it had white floaty bits in not much and not cloudy but just a small few pieces? Sorry for tmi xx

sorry editing again but after reading up online could i possibly have a kidney infection? and would this show up on a dip test does anyone know?X

Last edited:
Until you can get back to the docs drink lots of water because that really helps with a UTI and it can't hurt. If you are still getting lines on your tests I'd insist on a hcg blood test.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to read you are going through all of this.

If you have an infection would that effect the result showing on the tests?

I wish you all the best xx

Thanks i have started drinking water more now - and he wont do blood tests sadly, they are crap they werent helpful last year when i had my mc i had to be seen twice before they would refer me to my local epu

and i couldnt go the epu without a referal x

EDIT: thank you nik, im not sure realy. I did wonder that, but im not sure? I tried google it but no luck lol! Also like i said i got the darkest line ive got since last thursday and saturday am it wasnt fmu it was my second wee of the day to put it bluntly, sorry for tmi again.

And its the darkest line ive had. Then i went town while my son was out ... and on the bus i had an awful stomach ache, and then like a pain in my left side like a dull ache and it went from the left side to all my stomach and then it gradually went from there x

Last edited:
Sorry to post again but its so frustrating wish i knew either way, tbh i havent been as bad today as ive enjoyed it with my son and had loads of visitors ... but of course i sttill tested :( lol

i did a frer line was fainter, but has dried darker compared to yesterdays test, not sure if thats normal? i know they get darker over time though and it was a few hours, but yesterday was about 24 hours after doing the test so thats why i compared.

I did a cb digital ... oh i got so excited it said pregnant .. then still had the egg timer, i was hoping it was trying work out whether 1-2 or 2-3 (i wish!!) and it come back 1-2.

Still no spotting, no af .. no nothing yet but i know while im gettting positives i wont get my period .. but i thought i may of spotted with having blood in my urine.

Hope everyones had a lovely xmas x

So heres my latest tests ...
internet cheapie 24th december taken after 5 minutes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

todays after 5 minutes

top frer is after 10 minutes 15dpo
bottom is yesterdays test 14dpo

xx

Last edited:
Mummy2Toddler, I hope I dont speak out of place here but I agree that it could be a kidney infection. If you can get hold of some camomile tea drink alittle of this aswell as the water - this should help the pain and please try to drink luke warm water not cold as this is hard going on your body! Take care hun and I truly hope that this is only a horrid infection and nothing else.

Ps. Please shot your doc - how can he not take tests for you?!?! :-(

So those tests were all after you went to the doctor? I don't want to get your hopes overly high but even though the lines are not dark they all look like BFPs to me. I think you should take the tests and show them to the doctor. How many days are you late for your period now? The test lines should get darker with time but it's still pretty early. The line I got when I was 3 days late looked about the same as your frer tests in the bottom pic. I didn't test early this time, so I don't have much to compare it to. Your doctor needs to take you seriously. If you have an infection that is causing you that much discomfort it needs treating, if it's not an infection they need to make sure there is nothing more serious wrong.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply element. I am also hoping its a infection of some sort which is causing the pain i was shopping this morning with my son and boyfriend and luckily we were going home but my son decided he wanted to run round i had to put him in his pram so i could get home quicker because it was quite painful to be honest. Its all in my back around the top and bottom .. its hard explain it to be honest it kind of feels like ive got a cold in it. I've had this pain before and it was a urine infection but he said i havent got one :/ the only thing i can think is that it could possibly be a urine or kidney infection and it was too early to pick up on the dip test on monday.

I am hoping a pregnancy clinic local to me will be open tomorrow im not sure if they can help me though as they deal with pregnancy testing sti and abortions basically and i dont need any of them. I just want a blood test but i have no chance with my doctors grrrr and its hard cause they are both crap - i am gonna look into switching doctors which is a shame as its been my doctors for the past 19-20 years.

I just hope its an infection and nothing serious :( it started saturday though and the pain has been since then. xx

Thanks for your reply too bunny! My period was due on sunday 23rd which i would say should be accurate as i have a ttc app on my phone and although i know not to rely on them it has got my cycles correct.

Last month i had a chemical my period come bang on date it said, and it had my 5 fertile days and the day i would most likely ovulate which was 10th december i got a positive 9th december so it was pretty much correct or out by a day or two. And it said my period would be due 23rd its now 3 days late.

I havent had any blood or spotting as of yet, just pains in my back stomach and sides to be honest. My doctors are awful, i am gonna look into changing i think. x

Last edited:
So my tests are really confusing me ... they dont seem to be getting darker or lighter now? I've had no spotting (yet) but i tested for blood in my urine on monday/christmas eve at the doctors.

I will update with my tests so you can see what i mean x

Ok so here are my internet cheapies

24th december after 6 minutes minutes around 14dpo

25th december after 6 minutes around 15dpo x

today/26th december around 16dpo after 6 minutes

i have still been getting pregnant 1-2 on cb digi .... but ran out today! so gonna get 2 tomorrow as its a week tomorrow i got my bfp so should turn 2-3 if everythings ok?
x

Last edited:
I'm really sorry you are so much in limbo, there is nothing worse than not knowing.

If your AF due yet?

I've had 2 miscarriages this year and you cannot trust a urine same to
Give accurate results

Hope you get an answer very soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member