Diary of an IVFer

poor you! come and shout at all of us, we'll still love you x :hug:

Day 43 of IVF Cycle
12 days since Embryo Transfer
5 days to PG test

Having a quiet sort of day today. I've just heard on the intfertility forum I'm a member of that a woman who had her embryos transferred at the same time as me got a BFN. She's been bleeding too and is devastated.

I am so frightened about Monday. I'm not sure how I'll pick myself up again if it's a BFN. The progesterone I'm on stops me bleeding and can give PG symptoms, but other than sore boobs and being really bloated I'm not really feeling anything although I'm analysing every twinge in my tummy! I'm just praying our little ones make it. :pray: :pray: :pray:

I thought I'd post a pic of all the stuff involved in one days injections:

Drugs7.jpg

That projesterone one (the little glass phial) is getting pretty painful now and I bleed every time. We're getting better at stopping it before it gets going too much!

The pain in my chest has eased now, it's still a little uncomfortable in bed when I'm laid on my left side, but I've found sticking a cushion underneath helps.

Time to put my feet up.

H

xx

Just wrote the cheque for the embryo storage charge for the next 12 months. That's another £250 which actually I am thrilled to be paying.

Total spent so far........ £4854.08 :shock:

That doesn't include the small fortune that we've forked out for hospital car parks!

H

xx

Helen said:
Just wrote the cheque for the embryo storage charge for the next 12 months. That's another £250 which actually I am thrilled to be paying.

Total spent so far........ £4854.08 :shock:

That doesn't include the small fortune that we've forked out for hospital car parks!

H

xx

Wow thats a lot of money! Really hope you get your bfp monday, I have a feeling you will just hope its right! :pray: All the money will be worth while then when you have your beautiful baby (maybe even babies) in your arms! :hug:

I had IUI so understand some of the stress you are going through but just didn't have the additional hormones to deal with.

Take good care

I really hope you get your BFP on Monday. Bet you've had enough of all the injections. Money come's and money goes, but the end result will last a lifetime. How's OH's Mum doing? Take care of yourselves :hug:

Fingers crossed said:
I really hope you get your BFP on Monday. Bet you've had enough of all the injections. Money come's and money goes, but the end result will last a lifetime. How's OH's Mum doing? Take care of yourselves :hug:

thats a nice thing to say x

hi helen, just thought I would say thinking of you x :hug:

Day 44 of IVF Cycle
13 days since Embryo Transfer
4 days to PG test

The money is a scary amount when you add it up, isn't it? TBH though if I had the money, I'd pay 100 times that for this. It just isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. I'd like to be spending it on having time at home with a new born or reducing my hours so sometimes I get really frustrated that we have to pay so much for IVF. The recommendation is for 3 goes on the NHS, but our PCT only pays for one and the wait is 3 years. Such a postcode lottery. :x

We have an appointment with our GP this evening. This is the doc who wrote to our PCT to see if we could get funding for drugs on the NHS even if they wouldn't pay for the full cycle. They said No quite clearly, but he wants to see us again anyway. We're not quite sure what for. :think:

OH's Mum is making great progress. She's off the ventilator and even had jelly and icecream yesterday. :cheer: She may even get off intensive care in the next couple of days. She got the wrong end of the stick and thought it meant she was going home. OH had shaken off enough of his cold last night to be able to see her and he was really happy when he got home. :hug:

Been and bought a couple more prezzies for my forthcoming neice or nephew. My brother's baby is due 17th December, so it'll probably be Xmas when he/she arrives. Went into Mamas and Papas and had to wait while the shop assistant went off and got what I wanted. There was a new Dad in there buying half the shop and what seemed like hundreds of pregnant bumps wandering around. Started to feel as though I had bitten off more than I could chew. I keep expecting someone to shout at the top of their voice "YOU THERE!!! YOU DON'T BELONG IN HERE!!!". Stupid, I know, but sometimes even going round Sainsburys is too much.

H

xx

P.S. Thanks everyone for the support. It means a great deal especially through these last few long days.

Glad OH's mum is doing so well! :cheer: Not long now til Monday although in sure the days are getting longer for you the closer you get! I hope it doesnt drag too much for you! :hug:

I think you are so brave facing mamas and papas with all this going on to get your niece or nephew something he/she is going to be really lucky to have you for an aunty! :hug:

Penstraze said:
I think you are so brave facing mamas and papas with all this going on to get your niece or nephew something he/she is going to be really lucky to have you for an aunty! :hug:

Hear hear! You're so good at getting on with life. I'm sure I'd be a quivering wreck hiding under the stairs by now :roll:

Keeping it all crossed for those little fighters of yours :pray:
Pea x

I hope the weekend goes quickly for you Helen and you get good news on Monday- you really deserve it :hug: :hug:

glad OH's is feeling better and his mom...thinking of you

Aw ta everyone. :hug:

I'm really not that nice at all. Ask OH! :lol: :twisted:

awwww hun we are all here for you every step of the way :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxxxxx

So glad that you continue to keep us up to date with your journey Helen - I have two other friends who are having their first round of IVF treatment and I don't like to keep asking how they are doing all the time, your story is so informative and helpful to those of us who know so little. I hope and keep everything crossed that you get your BFP on Monday.

Awwww Helen, You are so brave going into mamas & papas and when you are pregnant you can hold your head up high and grin from ear to ear. :) It may feel like people are judgeing you but they are not and I know how hard it is from serving pregnant women in my shop. :roll: I think they are so lucky and feel envious and wonder if i will ever have a baby of my own and what will he or she look like.

i know you have spent a lot of money and it will be worth it cos you will make an excellent mum one day, hopefully soon and your child will be so loved and cherished. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back