Closed - old IVF thread

Jacq - well done for starting down regs - now your an ivf lady!
I'm amazed how much your sniffing, that's a bit unfair - yourll have phone reminder alarms going off all over the place.. I only did two sniffs morning and night and then dropped to one sniff morning and night when downregged and onto stimming stage.. Yourll be downregged in no time atall!

Oh and Re your question - my history is messy, I have detailed it more in the secondary infertility section due to peoples feelings, it's a very sensitive subject. but I'm having surgery in 2 weeks tomorow like a c-section to make some repairs and then I can ttc every month naturaly, if it works then yay, if not It will be easier to move on in my head having tried the lot and had some pain... maybee we will all be testing at simular times in dec ....

JJ you are so right about the phone alarms going off all over the place. We have iCloud at home so not only does it go off on my phone but also hubby's phone and the iPad too! I don't think I'll be allowed to forget a dose!

And thanks girls for your responses re: Norethisterone, I guess that'll be 11th November then which I had guessed was around when it might start.

I'm going to be on 300 Gonal F, is that a lot?

Hi Jacq, that's what they started me on for my last treatment. It is quite high depending on your age. I'm 31 but I have low AMH levels. They starting me on 375 this time round!! I wouldn't worry about the dosage though as long as long as the stimming works as it should! Have you started taking it yet?

Never thought I would say this but really want my period to start!! A couple of days late already and I'm worried its going to delay our treatment. As we're scheduled week before Xmas for EC a delay may mean having to wait until Jan, what with clinic being closed over Xmas. Why is it never easy!!

Thanks Jennymarie, I'm 35 and the consultant said the blood tests showed my AMH levels were normal for my age. I start the Gonal F on 16th.

I know where you're coming from with wanting your period to start too. There was a moment when I thought they were going to tell me I'd be too late to get in before Christmas. I nearly threw my toys out of the pram and had a tantrum on the floor! Luckily I had been booked in though. I'd taken my last dose of Clomid purely to ensure I had a 'usable' period as I don't really ovulate and cycles can be over 130 days and once 18 months!! So I was determined to have a period this side of Christmas and use it as goodness knows how long I'd be waiting otherwise.

I hope yours turns up soon x

I think the 300iu just reflects your age Jacq :)

They will have chance to tweek it if they need to.

Jenny - good luck with AF arriving! I'm juggling dates to make sure I squeeze in before Xmas but I think I'm pretty much in the clear now.

Girls I'm just wondering about my OV... I'm pretty sure that I got a +ive yesterday but that was only cd 13 so pretty early for me. I was just wondering if any of you have occasionally got a double peak or maybe had super concentrated pee that made it appear +ive when it wasn't? I was very very dehydrated yesterday :eh:

I start my Norethisterone tomorrow which is progesterone and I was going to perhaps ensure I had OV before starting to take it so it doesn't mess me up, but now OV seemed to be 3 days early so I don't know what to do.

Had scan and bloods done today, and back injecting from today. You normally have to wait till the Monday after ur scan to start but think they feeel sorry for me. On gonal pen this time on dosage of 100, so hopefully it doesn't all go mental again

I was on 225iu of menopur Jacq - I'm 39 and they said I had low AMH of 5.4, but expected I guess for my age too.. I got 12 eggs , 11 mature, only 6 fert tho, so actually I'd be really pleased with your dose:lol:

Tinks im wishing you all the best for this IUI - glad youve finished the clomid now, and yes that sounds much nicer than full ivf, so may suit you more , and a happy lady is a fertile lady... tee hee X Thanks for keeping our dates nice and close, ill make a deal , you get preg this cycle and ill follow you with one on the 14th Dec? Deal? I can't cycle without you.... Oh Tinks - you asked about recovery time for my op - Afraid it's nearly the same as a C-section apparently, same cuts except uterus this time, and so I won't be insured for driving for 6 weeks (that will be hard to hide with my mum mates on kids activities etc hmmm).

JennyMarie - Hope your AF arrives on time for you to get oin before xmas - wouldn't that be the perfect way to see in the new year with a BFP - All the best luck to you XX

Lou - How are you doing? It was so quiet in here for a bit and bam , lots of cylers....

Last edited:
Hey there,
Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck for those ladies who are in the process of IVF at the moment it's certainly got very busy in here since my last visit. Fx for some Christmas BFPs x

I was on 225iu of menopur Jacq - I'm 39 and they said I had low AMH of 5.4, but expected I guess for my age too.. I got 12 eggs , 11 mature, only 6 fert tho, so actually I'd be really pleased with your dose:lol:

Thanks. My AMH was either 12 or 14 I think which the doc said was bang on average. I'm hoping I will get lots of eggs and despite the consultant's disorganization at one point, I'm assured he is their best egg collector.

Finished the Norethisterone today woohoo!!

I thought it sounded quite a high dose to start off with, but that's because I was on 150 throughout although I'm 28 and as far as I'm aware my AMH is normal for my age.

JJ sounds like a perfect plan, I'll hang around here for you and we can move on together in december ;) I wish I was as positive as I sound there, I'm feeling so much more nervous and negative about this than I did for the IVF cycle.
The recovery doesn't sound to pleasent or quick but i'm sure will be worth it, hope you won't be in too much pain or if you are it doesn't last long. Is it next week? I'm getting so confussed with dates and things atm with so much going on, the weeks are just running past me so I can't keep up with anything.

Had a scan today day 7, a few follicles on right side largest one was 6.2 and a couple on the left with the largest being 6.8 so pretty small and was told to wait for a call as to what to do next as needed to be discussed with consultant. They finally rang back at 6.30 and I'm to take 150iu of Gonal F tonight and Friday then am back in for another scan on Sunday.
I'm slightly worried the Gonal F is going to wake all these smaller follicles up and I'm going to over respond but I'm sure the Dr's know what they're doing and 2 doses isn't too bad.

Hiya JJ :)

I'm alright thanks. Been on the Norethisterone for a couple of days now but nothing to report. It's so boring :blush:

Good luck with the stims Skeando :)

Tinker - try not to worry about the stims, I'm sure that the bigger follicles will be more responsive to the drugs xx

Jacq - congrats on finishing the Norethisterone :good: I hope AF arrives soon xx

Hey JJ what op is it you're having? Sounds like a long recovery, when is it?

I'm now 5 days late so no chance I can fit in ICSI before Xmas now :( I did do a pregnancy test cos hey u never know it could have been a miracle! Suppose I should just concentrate on enjoying Xmas and wait to start in Jan..

Hey JJ what op is it you're having? Sounds like a long recovery, when is it?

I'm now 5 days late so no chance I can fit in ICSI before Xmas now :( I did do a pregnancy test cos hey u never know it could have been a miracle! Suppose I should just concentrate on enjoying Xmas and wait to start in Jan..

Oh no really, ois that a definate now? oh poo! Well it's actually not many weeks till christmas now, and can be quite stressful getting everything sorted to be honest, so startign new and fresh just into jan looks good. Can they get you down reggged / keep you down regged over xmas so your ready to go couple of days in to jan?:lol: wink wink...

Op wise, I won't post in here, I have a thread in secondary fertility issues section X

Clairabella - lovely to see you back posting here - hope your doing ok?

Last edited:
Jen - cant they do you a short protocol so you just start stims on cd2 of your cycle whenever you get AF?

Claira - thanks :) xx

Period arrived today....never thought that would make me happy while ttc!! Clinic says I can start on my pill tomorrow for 19 days.....so looks like I'm still on for week before Xmas for EC!!

Congrats Jenny - that must be a HUGE relief! I'd be inconsolable if I was now delayed until after Xmas.

What pill are you on? A contraceptive? I was on the combined pill for my last cycle from cd1 and had to be on it for a least 14 days and then withdraw and have a bleed - is that what you're doing?

xx

Great news Jennymarie, fx for lots of Christmas BFPs!!
x

that's great Jennymarie :eek:)

Quite a few of us on the go before the end of the year..... lets hope Santa is good to us

Congrats Jenny - that must be a HUGE relief! I'd be inconsolable if I was now delayed until after Xmas.

What pill are you on? A contraceptive? I was on the combined pill for my last cycle from cd1 and had to be on it for a least 14 days and then withdraw and have a bleed - is that what you're doing?

xx

Thanks it is a huge relief! Yes on contraceptive pill for 19 days, then stop for 2 days before buserelin injections for 4 days then onto gonal f injections. I don't need to take buserelin at same time which is good. Glad I'm doing short protocol this time, it went on forever last time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back