Chat thread #2

Mik

Reaction score
Thought as the old chat thread disappeared we might as well start afresh with all the new faces in this tri recently.

Hope you all had a good weekend. I had a busy nesting weekend have been cooking and cleaning non stop since friday mid morning and am hoping this doesn't last for the rest of my pregnancy cos I hate being so restless! One of my hobbies is crossstitching and I haven't been ale to sit down and enjoy stitching at all!
My mum and dad came up sat night and left late this afternoon so we had a nice family weekend and I didn't get much chance to feel down so that has to be good :D Have to go have a BP check tomorrow as mine was up thursday so fingers crossed.

Hi all, Ive had a good weekend, hubby had a friend over sat night for a few beers and pizza....i of course just had appletize. Today my best friend came over and we had a trip to mothercare where i bought my first baby items today :D just something small i bought a little hat and mittens and my friend bought me a gorgeous blanket and socks :D . Hubby and son both not feeling well tonight, cant see my son being at school tomorrow. hope you have all had a nice weekend xx

ooo.. can i join in :D

Ive had an ok weekend. Sickness hasn't been that bad for the last few days. Still there and im still being sick, but not as much as i did for a couple of days last week. OH brought me a toasted hazelnut smelling candle today! ooo.... it smells so yummy! He also brought me a couple of bars of chocolate with nuts. mmm..............

We brought alice one of these and it is the best thing we have ever got her!!! she loves it and has spent ages playing with it all weekend! i should have used the time to get some housework done, but i have vegged out on the sofa most of the time, watching & drawing with her :dance:

Next week, ive got to work 8 - 4 monday and tuesday, 8 - 11.30 wednesday, and then ive got the rest of the week off!!!! we are going to Brighton to watch the mighty boosh on wednesday evening :cheer:

i can't wait for xmas to be here!!! and after xmas we are going to start buying baby bits :D

Hi all!

Glad to hear you've all had an ok/nice weekend! Mik - glad you had a nice time with your parents & hope you get back to enjoy your cross stiching soon! Sara - oooh how exciting, buying your first little bits for baby! :D And Sam&Alice - had a little looky at the thing you bought Alice, looks good! Think I may have to get Amber one of them as she LOVES The Night Garden!

I've had a good weekend, but feeling sooooo tired! I am just looking at the clock wishing it was 11pm so I can go to bed (if I go any earlier than that I can't sleep for some reason!?)
Friday night I was a bit miserable as OH had to work late & didn't get in til nearly 9pm... he can't get a very good signal on his mobile where he works so I was worrying as to why he wasn't in at 6.30pm! :(

Went out last night to a place called 'The Old Orleans' which is like a big floating boat on a lake! Had a lovely meal with a few friends as it was my best friend's birthday... I was a bit naughty and decided to have a very small glass of red wine... after 2 sips I was feeling very sick so decided that was a stupid idea! :roll:
Had a lovely relaxing day today as Amber went to her friend's 2nd birthday party, it was in a hall the parents hired out & had a teddy bear's picnic theme, they all had to bring a bear and they done songs, dancing, etc., & played party games! I didn't actually go though, my sister took Amber as I was feeling quite sick, so it was nice to have a couple of hours to myself and do a bit of housework & get the dinner ready before she came back, then had an hour's soak in the tub with one of my favourite books... feeling much better now!

Should be seeing my midwife sometime this week for my 16 week appointment, hopefully get to the hear babba's heart and pick MW's brain with lots of questions! Then I'm off to stay at my mum and dad's for a few days from tuesday to friday, as OH has to work overnight this week (I'm a big baby and don't like sleeping in the house on my own when he's not here!!) plus my mum has booked a few days holiday from work, so I'm really looking forward to spending a few days with her, plenty of shopping will be done I think! :D

Hope you all have a good week, hugs to everyone! :hug:

Morning ladies :D

Sara first baby buys very exciting :cheer: I have only got some vests and mitts so far as we are going shopping after christmas

Sam&Alice hope your sickness continues to subside :hug:

Krissy have fun staying with your folks and make sure you rest with nan and grandad to play with Amber :wink:

Ihad to go into the nurse this morning for a BP check and it has gone up again so I have to ring the mw in a minute. I am under strict instructions from my husband to sit down and do nothing all day and I will be introuble if he gets home and there is any hw done! I have been signed off work this week due to the depression and BP so going to enjoy the rest if my 3 monkeys let me :roll:

Morning :wave:

Have a good rest, Mik. Get those feet up :hug:

I'm just having a sneaky peek at PF before I set off. I've been doing some training in First Aid, Accident Prevention and Emergency Procedures and it's an assessment day today. I already hold a valid First Aid certificate but I'm doing this as a top up/refresher in order to feel a wee bit more confident about my ability to cope if summat happens while I'm looking after someone. Cos I work with vulnerable people.

I'm looking forward to Christmas too. We'll be having a shopping spree after Christmas :cheer:

My mother-in-law arrives tomorrow so I probably won't be around as much. Take care of your lovely selves :)

hey all. hope you have all had a good day!

I was a bit naughty and brought alice another pair of jeans today. Seeing as im not 'allowed' to buy lewis things yet, im going a tad crazy on alice. In my defence as soon as i find a pair of jeans that fit her nice the place that sells them stops! Ive found some lovely fitting ones in new look so ive got her another pair. :shhh: It was hard to resist the cute little boys baby grows they have though!!!

krissie23 - i can't recomend it enough!! alice loves it!! :cheer:

Mik - i wish i would get in trouble if the housework was done! put your feet up huni and let everyone run around after you :hug:

Pickled_onion - how did the training go?

Mik i hope you have had your feet up all day :D
Pickled_onion hope you enjoy your time with your MIL :D
Krissie have a nice time with your mum :D
Sam&Alice i know its so hard to resist the cute things well done, i gave in yesterday lol
Ive had a rotten day, had a lot of period type discomfort and brown discharge most of day, called my midwife but she wasnt working today so another midwife came out to see me and had a listen to baby.
My son has been off school generally feeling unwell.

Sam&Alice said:
Pickled_onion - how did the training go?

It went well, ta. Cheers for asking :)

And thanks also to Sara. I was a bit nervous for a while there but I've blitzed the house so hopefully I'll be able to relax and enjoy spending some time with her.

Sorry to hear about your cramps and the discharge. I hope that has eased off some now and isn't causing you too much worry :hug:

Sam & ALice I am the same with my DD if I find a pair of trousers that fit her nicely I have to get them before they stop selling them girls trousers can be really awkward to get.

Sara I hope you are feeling better today and everything had calmed down again

pickled onion Glad the training went well another tick on the to do list completed :D

Good Morning to all the 2nd triers I hope some of the other ladies start to join in chatting too :D It is Armastice day which is significant to me not only historically with my grandfathers all involved in the 1st and/or 2nd world wars but my husband is in the army and we lost some of his mates last summer when they were in Afghanistan including a really good mate of his who was killed on the day my hubby came home it broke him when he found out :cry:

I was very good yesterday and did nothing all day until around 9pm when I could take it no more and did the washing up and I can't do it again today the inactivity drove me nuts!

Hello :D I had a nice weekend didnt do much tho. My car was in the garage saturday so I couldnt go out anywhere and even then he cant fix it yet! I slept so much this weekend! I had a bit of a cleaning spree and finally got all the housework done and sorted out all the baby stuff so its alot better. Went to an Ann Summers party for my friends bday on sunday not that I could buy anything coz nothing fits lol. Was still fun though! Had my MW appointment yesterday which all went well.

I have my maternity leave meeting today which im dreading! But at least Ill find out an official date im leaving. Im hoping for my last day to be 2nd Jan as Im soooooooooo tired all the time!!

Hope everyone else is good :D

Hellooooooo :)
Glad to hear everyone has had a pretty good weekend,
i had a very lazy one :D
Spent the whole weekend at my OH's, in bed most of the time
watching maury and jeremy kyle :rotfl:
Madee OH bring me food and drinks, not that im incapable was just feeling rele lazy :dance:
Have doctors 2moro :( and midwife thursday for my blood test, hopefully get to
hear lil bubba's heartbeat again :D
xxxxxx

Morning

Had docs again today and my BP has gone up again so thats last thurs, mon and today and it has been a bit higher each time :( but no protein or anything in my wee so thats good.

How is everyone today?

hiya hope i can join too. I'm feeling tired and lousy like my kittens lol i'm lying on the sofa chair thinggy half aseep with 2 kittens on me :sleep: :sleep: and mummy cat on the arm :sleep: :sleep: too lol i am supposed to be cleaning today but decided i'm going to chill before getting kids then get them to help me with the living room and their bedrooms after skool :) while lying here i can feel little soft flicks in my belly every now and then lol the baby must be moving :D

Hi girls!

Hope you are all well especially Mik - hope your BP comes down a bit soon, and Sara - hope you are feeling better after your cramps the other day? :hug:

I have been feeling really good this last week, i posted about it the other day that i was just feeling great! I'm sure alot to do with having a weeks holiday where i literally did nothing but relax, ahhhhhh! Back at work now and been really busy catching up so feeling a little tired when i get home and the house is now a mess with holiday bits strewn around after OH had kept it so nice and tidy while i was away, ooppss :oops:

Baby is now moving around lots and kicking away, I have anterior placenta so i think it's cushioning the blows around the front and can't feel much fromt he outside but on Sunday LO was kicking round the side and OH felt it kick for the first time too :dance:

I do have the odd moment of complete FEAR though!! :shock:

Hi guys :wave: too tired to type much tonight but wanted to join in on the chat :D

I have a routine mw appointment tomorrow morning, hope i get to hear the heartbeat! Then the next appointment in 20 wk scan on 11th dec, well i will only be 18 wks then! will i still know the sex do you think?

Evening all!

Just thought I'd say a quick hello, hope you're all OK!

Mik, I hope you are OK honey & your BP goes done, glad there was no protein in your wee or owt else to worry about :hug:

Sara, hope you are feeling OK after the other day & the discomfort has gone? :(

I'm not at my mum and dad's now anyway! Silly me, I thought it was this week my OH had to work overnight but it's next week... honestly I don't know what's going on with my brain at the mo! I'll be staying over there next week anyhoo, works out better really as my mum has to have a heart op at St. Barts hospital in London on tuesday, and has to rest at home (no driving, work, lifting heavy objects, etc.) so if I'm staying there, I can help her out & cook dinner & stuff as my dad will be at work!

Oh quick question... I know it will prob vary depending on areas, etc., but when you see your midwife, do you have to make the appointment yourself or do they ring you?! It might sound silly coz I can't remember, but I was 16 weeks on sunday & at my last midwife appt. at 10 weeks, she told me she would see me again at 16 weeks to discuss test results, check my urine, listen to baby heart, etc! I haven't heard from her though so don't know if I should ring her myself? I really want to see her as I've been getting really awful headaches for the last week & just wanted to ask her about them!

Oh and Scones, good luck with your scan, I'm sure they'll be able to tell you the sex by then if you want to know, I think they can generally tell from the scan from around 16 weeks onwards! So fingers crossed baby plays nicely and lets them see! (if you want to know!)

Night night and hugs to all! :hug:

scones said:
Hi guys :wave: too tired to type much tonight but wanted to join in on the chat :D

I have a routine mw appointment tomorrow morning, hope i get to hear the heartbeat! Then the next appointment in 20 wk scan on 11th dec, well i will only be 18 wks then! will i still know the sex do you think?
yes you should find out then :D

Morning,

Opps Krissie the pregnancy brain strikes again :rotfl: well it will be nice to be able to help your mum out next week. I know here I have to make my own mw appts so I would ring and check hun

Scones good luck at the scan I am sure if baby behaves you should be able to find out the sex

Anna Hope you are feeling better today :hug:

Kirstie don't worry about the mess get used to being back at work

Thanks for the hugs girls :hug: I got a phone call from the midwives yesterday to say I have an appt to go see the obstretician for some tests (no idea what) next weds so trying to sort out childcare for my youngest. She only does half days at school atm so checking with school to see if she can stay all day first then will try friends. Really worried about going back to work to be honest it is really stressful there atm and it has been nice to get away from the atmosphere :(

Morning all, Im feeling better than a few days ago still getting a few pains but im putting it down to my body changing. My mood is pretty low at the moment im really fed up about my weight, i have always had hangups about my body even when i was thin which resulted in an eating disorder which led to me being on antidepresants for years. I keep telling myself im pregnant and ill loose the weight after but when i read that lots of ladies have lost weight while pregnant and it really gets me down. Sorry i shoudnt be moaning this is a chat thread not a Sara moaning thread!! :oops:

Well on Saturday we are going to the WWE wrestling my hubby and son are fans so they excited, im just going to see the men in pants lol!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back