Baby Led Weaning

yay!!!!!!!!!!

did u get any piccys??

of course!
:D

(sorry about the naff quality, they where taken on adams phone)
IMAGE_229.jpg

IMAGE_231.jpg

she seems to have problems holding her melon though, so i got a crinkle chip cutter today and im going to try and cut her melon using that to see if that helps her grip it.

wow that is such a good idea... let me know if it works!!!!!!!

Sam if Alice has trouble gripping her melon then leave the skin on it will help her grip it, the same goes for cucumber

Princess_Puddles said:
Sam if Alice has trouble gripping her melon then leave the skin on it will help her grip it, the same goes for cucumber

ta luv, il try that.

she ended up holding it down, and leaning over it and sucking it :lol:

Hey ladies I know this is probably a late response but yes like Melanie mentioned I have been doing a mix of mashed food and finger food - simply because I understand that the BLW approach can be tirering for the LO's so just to ensure that Otis is eating enough I generally do give him a bit of mashed up food as well, i.e breakfast, weetabix with a bit of milk and strawberry & banana smoothy and some toast on the side for Otis to feed himself (I use unsalted butter). Then for lunch I'll make some kind of sandwich (using cheese, left over chicken or egg, etc) and something like banana and advocado mash, for dinner it will be some kind of home made buger -lamb, chicken ball, beef or a fish stick then some finger veg - stick of carrot, green beans, etc and some kind of potato mash- by the way potato wedges are a big hit!! Otis also loves his fruit - apples, strawberries, melon, blueberries (he loves these!!!) kiwi, etc, I've also recently started giving yogurt, but I'm a stickler for not him any sugar (or as little as poss.) so I'm a bit weary of buying the baby yogurts in the shops and try sticking to the sugar free / reduced organic ones.
I personally think the BLW is fab and I'm so please with Otis's development, knowing he can feed himself, he's such as clever little man!

i was sitting in the park with some friends today and they where amazed that alice was feeding herself!!

ok, nothing spectacular - cucumber, rice cakes, and then a bit of melon. but i was beaming from ear to ear! soo proud of my little dumpling!

Oh and the crinkle cuter and leaving the skin on the cucumber has helped loads! she can pick it up herself now, instead of me having to hand it to her.

whats the best way of preparing butternut squash for her? any tips?

Sam if I do give Otis Butternut squash I usually roast it with a bit of olive oil and some mixed herbs - same with the parsnips or other root veg.

ooo... that sounds so yummy it will be 1 bit for alice, 3 bits for mummy :lol:

thanks luv. i will cook that for her today :hug:

forgot to ask...... how long do i need to cook it for? and high or low temp?

Just trying hope on falafal, veggie sausage, leek and carrot and shes loving it, she will eat anything hehe :cheer:

Sam when ever I do anything in the oven I usually put the oven on 180 butternut squash doesn't take long so try checking it every 15mins until it is fairly soft. Good luck, hope Alice enjoys it!!!

i wish i had my camera!! her face was a picture!! she hated it to the point where she burst into tears when i put a piece in front of her later that day :lol: im still going to offer it randomly and see if she gets used to the taste.

the problem im worrying about now is she only seems to go for toast or cucumber.i offer other things, but she throws a hissy fit until she gets her toast. she has even started refusing melon which she has always loved.

im going to eat some fruit today to blitz down & put on her toast

whats a typical menu for your babies?

has anyone tried Asparagus? im going offer alice some tonight and see how she feels about that :D

oh, what kinda things can i offer alice to dip rice cakes / pitta etc... into? Im going to get some natural yogurt and let her dip stuff into that.

Oh, and can i assume dairylee (sp) is ok for her? she had water crackers yesterday and happily munched down on them. want to add some flavour to them though.

ooo... so many questions, sorry :oops: :D

awww... how sweet is alice!

Dairylea is fine for her. I also make up like little salsas (not spicy) just chopped tomatoes, cucumber etc. Guacamole (sp?) is another fav with Arianna.

yeah I've been giving Otis some Asparagus he use to like it but he's not that keen any more, he does like french beans, baby corn and boiled potatos are okay!!!

hehe, ta girls. she LOVES it!!!!!!!

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

and baby corn.

I want to give her some natural yogut - what can i use to let her dip it in (does tha tmake sense?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back