Baby safe feeder and baby led weaning

skatty

Reaction score
I know its too early for us yet but I bought some baby safe feeders for Leorah as we are going down the BLW approach when it comes to solids. Using the safe feeder can you introduce some foods before 6 months and if so what ones?

whats the baby safe feeder? I'm leaning towards BLW too

Melanie I was wondering the same, have found the link for it - http://www.babysafefeeder.com/what10.htm

Will definately go for it, as that's the route I want to go down as well. To be honest I did give in and give Otis some baby rice the other day simply cause he wasn't feeling well and hoped it might settle him or make him sleep longer - so silly of me of course it wouldn't. He did eat it, but in saying that it was near his usally dinner time! I haven't fed him since and intend on holding out so will invests in the safe feeder as well.

hehehe just bought one from ebay! 2 feeders and 2 extra nets for £20. Will try it on Otis as soon as i get 'em as he's teething now anyway, will try it with some partially frozen fruit.
Thanks for posting this Skatty, I was only just today discussing the BLW with one of the HV's who had never heard of it, she mainly seemed concerned about the choking side of the BLW, well this will remove that concern then! :D

Wow Skatty those are a bit funky!!! Otis is still not 100%, presently he keeps waking, not crying now just moaning I think he's got used to waking up more often during the night with his teething that I'll need to get him used to staying in bed and that I won't poick him up and pamper him unless he is really disstressed.
Thing re teething is I'm not sure what I'm looking for on his gum, I think I can see something - but then again they can teeth for ages before teeth actual cut - whatever, I'll just have to go with the flow. We've got our first signing class tomorrow, can't wait to see what that is about! And then our 2nd swimming lesson on Wednesday - we've got such a busy schedule nower days! :roll:
And Leorah, how is she doing after her resent hicup re her intolerances? Can't wait to meet her!

oooooooooooooh thanks for those links Katt and Daggers. Off to buy some :D

We can all compare our weaning stories when the time comes :wink:

Daggers Leorah has also been crying out a lot during the night!! She is getting over a cold and sometimes strats coughing and it wakes her up and sometimes she just moans. One night I got up at 2am becasuse she was really disteressed and then the next morning she woke up at 5am and I fed her but last night I decided not to go unless she was really awake and needed me and in the end she got herself back off to sleep every time though I didn't sleep because I spent the whole night listening!

That signing class sound really interesting. How was the massage class? I wish I could take Leorah to things like that. Leorah is supposed to start babyswim soon but the classes are on Saturday morning and we have to go on a waiting list! You'd think they would start another class wouldn't you. That isn't even at our local pool, our local pool is on Mondays which is no good as DH wants to take Leorah and I am happy about just watching (not ready to bear my body yet or maybe ever again :lol: )

Luckil Leorah seems fine now regrading the latest slip up, the good thing is I now know the signs so can catch on early and work out what it was.

BTW Otis is adorable in your sig :)

Hi Melanie and Skatty, definately look forward to seeing how our LO's getting on re weening!
The signing classes are really good, highly recommend them. I'm already practising some of the basic sign with Oats (mom, dad, nappy change, milk), I'll be amased when he's able to sign back to me :shock: !
The swimming is also great eventhough he is the smallest in the class - Skatty I know what you mean about bearing your boby, my swim suit only just fit, the one good thing about it is that it hold my love handle well, was contemplating wearing it on a daily basis sort of like a corset :D !
Think Oats is getting over his teething now as he's a lot more lively, and he actually slept through til around 02:30 this morning then fed and was back in bed within 30mins then finally woke up at 7am when I put him in our bed - that's the first time in ages he's slept like that. Saying tha :D t he did wake a couple of times between 7pm and 8pm but we just gave him his dummy and he went back ot sleep.
Hope Leorah is feeling better, one of the HV advised that if they are waking because they need to cough you should put them at a slight angle so the fluid drains from the back of their throat instead of just sitting there causing them to wake, I've put a thick towel underneth the top end of Oats matrass, could be working why he slept so long last night -or the baby massage???

yeah they have this in PHP too and i was showing my sister a few months back im definatly going to get one too :D

Hi Ladies

Does anyone have nay information on the baby led weaning? I am interested about this.

Daggers; I am glad that Otis is doing better and slept better last night as well. Also glad you are enjoying the baby signing classes and swimming.

Skatty; I am glad that Leorah is better after last week as well.

I can't believe that we will be thinking about weaning our little ones soon; where is the time going.

Take care all :hug:

i was going to get one of these but i am glad i didnt because Ellis seems fine without it as long as u watch him xxxxx

Thanks for that Daggers.

Gabriella is doing good. Her skin is a bit irritated today. She had her injections so this may be the cause but I don't think the weather is helping either. I am so happy that she has no more until 12 months now :cheer:

Hope you & Otis are doing well.

Talk soon :hug:

My safe feeders came today. I am really excited about using them and think that I will try some carrot, pear or banana after 5 months but before 6 months :)

BTW Daggers i looked on a signing website and I have started to sign milk and sleep to Leorah. She looks at me like I'm a right loony :lol:

pants! still waiting on my feeders! I've got some melon in the fridge I want to give to Otis as soon as I get it! Let me know how you get on with the feeder once you start using it hun!
I know what you mean re the signing Otis just laughs at me!!! and that's if I remember to sign! I keep forgetting :doh: . At the mo I'm trying to do the signs for Mom, Nappy change, Milk and Up. Can't wait for him to sign back.

Did your feeders come yet? I can't wait to hear how Otis got on with his melon :)

NO :? , not a very good ebayer me thinks! OH will case up tonight as I bought it through his account. HOPEFULLy it will arrive tomorrow, or else the melon might start going off and god forbide should I eat anything healthy - just bought 3 choco mousses and some after eight type chocos!!!!! :oops:
I know I'm a looser!!!!!! :doh:

Arggggg! Still no feeders!!!! :evil:
Man I better get these feeders on Monday, it would have been a week then since I ordered them! DORK!

Doh! It had been delievered postie left it outside on the door step!!! :doh:

So here are some pics, what do you think, think he's enjoying his bit of melon?....

DSC00208.jpg
hmmm not too sure about this?!...

DSC00210.jpg
hmmmm mi definately liking this stuff!!!!! :lol:

I'm well chuffed! Going to start giving him two feeds a day mi thinks, fruit in the morning and steamed veg in the afternoon! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back