Baby Led Weaning

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Ella had pear today, she really liked it. I skinned it with my teeth (we were out) then gave her the whole thing. She munched on it for about 10 mins.

She also had a banana and she managed to hold onto it for a bit (it gets really slippery). She was biting whopping chunks off and spitting most of them out but you could see her working on it.

Plus I bought some gluten/wheat/milk free bread so she had a couple of soldiers for tea. She enjoyed the texture, didn't eat much but then at the moment I'm just introducing her to new tastes/textures.

All in all she didn't really eat anything major which I'm not expecting at the moment, but she's really good at picking things up and feeding herself, she quite surprised me :shock: :) When she gets to 6 months I am going to start giving her some gluten/wheat free pasta twirls that I bought today, at first I was a bit worried about her being to pick them up and eat them but then I remembered the whole thing about BLW is that they'll eat it when their physically ready, so if she can manage a pincher grasp to pick it up then she should, in theory, be able to eat it. (If that makes sense!)

Feeling really positive about this :D

what about raspberries, they are quite soft. They were one of the first things after raisins that jess took to.

Im glad she liked her banana :D

Can you imagine the mess! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: I've just thrown all her clothes in the wash so they aren't banana stained for life :lol:

It was quite funny cos she lobbed this massive piece of banana and it rolled right into my slipper. Good aim that girl!

thats great. Seren has been spitting out banana at me. Am really enjoying watching her discover that the thing she is holding tastes nice. am going to look for gluton free bread now.

y do bananas stain clothes so bad? clothes can come out the wash stained black with banana :think:

they dont stain too bad :D :D , but i did use my vanish a lot at first. I have a red carpet.

Rubie had a banana at my mums last night and a pear today. She did really well with it too, the lumps that were too big to swallow, she just spat out :D

How she managed to get it on the top of her head is beyond me though :roll: :lol:

Brody choked on a bit of banana today and it made him throw up his breakfast :(

lol Rubie. Its mad isn't it where the food ends up. There was chunk of banana stuck to my flip flop which was no where near Seren at the time :?

urchin said:

Poor chap :( Ella's not choked yet thank goodness.

rosieroo said:
urchin said:

Poor chap :( Ella's not choked yet thank goodness.

it wasn't bad, just a cough really, I was more worried he'd lost his brekkie :?

it wasn't bad, just a cough really, I was more worried he'd lost his brekkie

Ella had a breastfeed this morning and then puked it all back up, that's annoying!! :lol: But I think she was just making room for some more interesting brekkie :)

did you all get info from your health visitor about this?! i've never heard about it apart from on here!! i thought everything had to be pureed and you couldn't give them things like bananas for ages. sheesh all i got were some little booklets that weren't much help

:think:

We had a weaning workshop at my postnatal group and the HV's told us a baby never needs pureed foods. Once they can hold food they can eat it, they manage somehow :shock:

Toriella, it is based around the 6 month recommendation. The theory behind it is that when baby is developmentally ready for solids and has learnt to chew they are able to move the food back themselves. If food is given before they are ready to do this themselves they will simply push it out their mouths. Spoon feeding bypasses this as it puts the food to the back of the mouth, that is why foods need to be pureed.

This link explains it better (Rosieroo provided this)
http://www.borstvoeding.com/voedselintr ... lines.html

Hi :D

That link was provided to me by another forum. I don't want to advertise other forums on here, but there are lots of mums that have more info than me about BLW on there. If anyone is interested then PM me for details :)

(Hope that's ok Laura?)

How messy!!!!!

Gave Seren some pear today and this is how we ended up (I say we as I was wearing some of it too)
S4021089.jpg

S4021090.jpg

S4021091.jpg

S4021087.jpg

Bit of a mixed reaction to pear, but she seemed to enjoy it and loved squishing it between her fingers. Much prefers rice cakes and carrots though

S4021098.jpg

S4021073.jpg

I gave Ella a piece of her bread today, yup a whole slice. She LOVED it! Was smushing it in her hands and couldn't get it in her mouth quick enough. Then she had some rice cakes which are her fave aswell.

Yesterday we went to the beach and she had a whole apple, I skinned with my teeth again and gave it to her. You could hear her little teeth grating it away, she really worked on it.

I'm finding it really enjoyable watching her with her food - are you too? Or am I just weird! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back