Baby Led Weaning

Hi

thanks tezzy for your reply

i do give louie purees but want to start giving him finger foods as snacks and eventually give them more as he gets older, its much more enjoyable for them to feed themselves he really loves it .

fluffy bunny i will keep trying my HV did say to me a healthy baby can never choke.

thanks for the link becky good imformation on it.

louies & dawn said:
Hi

thanks tezzy for your reply

i do give louie purees but want to start giving him finger foods as snacks and eventually give them more as he gets older, its much more enjoyable for them to feed themselves he really loves it .

fluffy bunny i will keep trying my HV did say to me a healthy baby can never choke.

thanks for the link becky good imformation on it.

your HV doesnt know what shes talking about![/b]

Thanks for all your replies :D Its good to hear how others are doing.

I'm not worried about her food intake at the moment as she is still getting what she needs from boobie. Might start a few vegetable purees as the baby rice just seems boring :bored:

We are mainly just having fun playing.......

Today was strawberries after tea...she was squirming coz they were tangy but he kept eating them!!! Ha ha

ruby358-1.jpg

ruby362.jpg

Look at those lovely chunky arms!!!

I love strawberries and so did Stanley but they gave him a sore bum :(

Hello :wave:

I've come to join you all, Austin's still quite young but has been showing an interest in our food for a few weeks now. I don't think he 'needs' food yet but I decided to start him with a couple of finger foods to see how he gets on. As he's only 4 1/2 months if he doesn't get much it's no real loss.

I went to a weaning talk at the HV a couple of weeks ago & mentioned I was looking at BLW & she wasn't very helpful at all, she just kept saying we should start with baby rice and purees and not introduce lumps until 9 months? They also kept saying how you shouldn't wean before 6 months but here are some good recipes for use from 4 months! I think I left the talk more confused than when I went in...

So anyway, Austin had his first solid food yesterday, I gave him half a gluten free rusk because it was easy to hold & I thought he may enjoy chewing on it now he's teething. He absolutely loved it, I'm not sure how much went down but he didn't choke once, even after takinga big mouthful! I'm going to see about gtting some carrot sticks/cucumber etc for him to have a go with tonight.

Here are some pics of Austin's first food (he's in his bumbo with a sheet over it so he doesn't stick to it!) (Oh, and he is wearing a nappy you just can't see it!!!)

100_1029.jpg

100_1031.jpg

100_1032.jpg

100_1033.jpg

well done!!! he looks like he had a great time!

More pics from our first few days of BLW! We're having so much fun, he gets so mucky but I think he's really enjoying himself. My one worry was that he'd choke but he hasn't at all.

100_1042.jpg

Carrot & Cucumber on Thursday

100_1047.jpg

More Rusk

100_1048.jpg

Sitting in the highchair with tonights dinner of cream cheese, cucumber & chip

100_1049.jpg

He liked the chip...

100_1050.jpg

But didn't think much of the cream cheese!

100_1052.jpg

Mucky pup

Alex's highchair is coming tomorrow, can't wait :D Tried him with a gluten free rusk a few days ago, some toast with a bit of philli yesterday and some steamed carrot last night and he had great fun. He's also a fan of rice cakes. Developmentally he's not quite there and I do have to hand things to him when he's dropped them (he can't reach them when he's in his bumbo etc), but he does like feeding himself although he gets a bit frustrated.
Here he is with his rusk :)
DSCF0205.jpg

DSCF0208.jpg

Couple more eating photos:

100_1068.jpg

He LOVES rice cake with tomato sauce (daddy forgot he needed a bib...)

100_1098.jpg

But wasn't very impressed with the broccoli or cauliflower!

awww how cute!!

i discovered the otherday alice is as much of a fan as my mums roast dinners as me! finished hers, and started on mine!!!! ive never seen her eat so much!!

she is refusing to let me feed her anything from a spoon!! i used to be able to feed her ice cream & the like, but not anymore :lol:

I want to try BLW when C gets to 6 months, which fortunately is over Christmas so plenty of time to clean up! I just have a couple of basic questions to be going on with:
What type of bread do people use?
I eat a multigrain or multiseed bread, but I assume this would be no good for LO as it has a lot of bits in? or would that be OK?
I always find wholemeal gives me wind, which leaves good old white. Is that what you give?

Also, what do you do about food like cereal that you would normally eat with a spoon? Let them have a go with a spoon or avoid foods that are too sloppy?

sure there will be plenty more q's -thanks
andrea

Hiya, good luck with the BLW! It is messy but so much fun.

I give Austin white bread but only because that's what I eat. I would have thought multigrain bread is fine to give, you could always try her with it and switch if she has trouble.

I feed Austin his breakfast cereal and yoghurts etc with a spoon. I usually give him an extra spoon which he tries really hard to use but he isn't efficient enough to feed himself properly with it yet. He's normally quite good taking food on a spoon.

I'm not doing strict BLW, as we do still feed Austin some things, but he feeds himself lunch, dinner & snacks (usually fruit or rice cakes) every day. If you need any advice at any time feel free to pm me.

Good luck, and have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back