Baby 'Expert' DON'TS that you DO!!

Love it, love it, love it!!!!!

Echoing before, if any of you ladies knows someone from social services, keep 'em away from this thread haha!!!

Well Kaiden....

Has slept on his tummy since 3 weeks
Been in his own room since 10 weeks
Has bumpers on his cot
Has his bottles made up in advance
I let him try bits of everything
He ate a whole choc ice last week
Has baby juice not water
I don't sterilise anything except bottles
I used wipes since day 1
Loves to eat wotsits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GAWD what don't we do that's 'wrong'?
Weaned at 4 months
Sleeps on her side/tummy
Sleeps in bed with me most nights
Grown up food - I share my dinner with her all the time
I cuddle my baby ALL the time, she is not left to cry for one single minute of the day, and she never will be
I used baby wipes from birth, like as soon as we left the hospital
I put new clothes on her without washing them first
We have NickJR on every day - and I mean every day. Peppa Pig is on series link on our SKY+!!

That's just for starters, I'm sure I'll think of more.

But you know what, we are excellent parents and I don't give a rat's ass!!! xx

Well Kaiden....

Has slept on his tummy since 3 weeks
Been in his own room since 10 weeks
Has bumpers on his cot
Has his bottles made up in advance
I let him try bits of everything
He ate a whole choc ice last week
Has baby juice not water
I don't sterilise anything except bottles
I used wipes since day 1
Loves to eat wotsits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't even read this before I posted, but we pretty much do everything the same except I can't get her in her bloody room!! xx

The worst thing I do is if Alice is creating when Tempy is half way through a feed ill roll up one of my her nunu's and prop the bottle up and sort tother out! Bad Bad mum!!

I think as they get older you realise the world wont end if they have a piece of chocolate you become more relaxed with your 2nd, that's why the sainsburys add makes me laugh- its so true all these gimmics I bought in to when I had my first LO, with my second I didn't even buy baby towels just used mine! (mine are soft) x

The worst thing I do is if Alice is creating when Tempy is half way through a feed ill roll up one of my her nunu's and prop the bottle up and sort tother out! Bad Bad mum!!

I think as they get older you realise the world wont end if they have a piece of chocolate you become more relaxed with your 2nd, that's why the sainsburys add makes me laugh- its so true all these gimmics I bought in to when I had my first LO, with my second I didn't even buy baby towels just used mine! (mine are soft) x

Love the term "sort tother out", you're more Yorkshire than me!

Back to topic, I followed all the rules first time round (apart from co-sleeping ssssshhhhhh) but 2nd time round all rules have been broken! Not quite sure anything I do is "correct"!!x

Love the term "sort tother out", you're more Yorkshire than me!

Back to topic, I followed all the rules first time round (apart from co-sleeping ssssshhhhhh) but 2nd time round all rules have been broken! Not quite sure anything I do is "correct"!!x

Haha I love how people can tell accents by typing! I cant help myself, we are just too Yorkshire :D

799dd3a8-91dc-4a77-bf51-d57330125ec2_zpsfdad595f.jpg

Sleeps on his side.
Weaned at four months.
Eats from *gasp* jars.
Has a dummy, jumperoo, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Went in cot at two weeks old.
Has a cot bumper.
Has one side missing from cot as it's pushed right up to our bed.
Sleeps with a muzzy.
Has had ice cream.
Is spoiled bloody rotten.
Naps on me.
Baths every night.
Used wipes from day one.
Use talc when his bum's especially runny.
Goes to the pub at 6am (to be fair, I run the place, and only take him in before nursery at 7:30).
Make bottles the night before and fridge.
Has bottle straight from fridge (weirdo throws up if it's warmed up).

I'm going to hell.

:) xx

Love love love this thread! I stopped listening to the hv a long time ago when they told me at 4months he should be sleeping through and to stop giving him milk when he wakes. Also coz he is/was a heavy baby I should start feeding him veg and cut out milk. That never happened!

Baby wipes from day 1
Co slept
Rocked to sleep until he was too heavy and then sometimes had to put him in his pushchair to rock that way!
Slept with a pillow and blanket from 10months
Always pre-made the bottles and added powder when need be
I brought the powder and bottles up to bed with me so I wouldn't have to get out
If he had fallen asleep with milk still in the bottle I would pop that in the fridge and re-offer later
Propped the bottle up so I could do other stuff
Never sterilised toys just washed.
Stopped sterilising at 8 months
Would have juice in a bottle
I point blank refuse to share my coke so he is not to know how good it tastes! :)
I am not strict on his diet...he has McDonald's (but I lick the chips), chocolate, ice cream, sweets. Just no nuts! But he loves his fruit and hates anything like nuggets or fish fingers (not that we actually eat that but he hates the texture)
I never used the room thermometer or a bath one
We don't have plug protectors or safety latches on our doors (I just make sure he's not getting into things he's not supposed to)
He helps himself to the cereal (as its the only food he can get to)
Cbeebies is on all day (mainly as background noise)
I let him fall asleep on me
I laugh at him when I tell him off
When he wakes up (if its early) I put the tv on so I can have an extra 30min sleep

There will be plenty more but I can't think.

Forgot about the dummy and the jars. And we take her to 24hr Tesco at the back of 12am if she's not sleeping well!

Oooh, love this thread, its made me chuckle a good few times...

Well we use ready made formula, and im so lazy that i pour that into the bottles and leave them in the fridge so i can just grab it when needed.

Ive never bothered with tummy time - tried it once and LO hated it - and shock horror, he still had the strength to hold his head up on his own at 3 months!! He's learnt how to get on and off his tummy by himself over the last few days, and now he can do it himself really loves it, pushes himself up and looks around etc like he's been doing it forever.

Ive used baby wipes from the get-go.

I only bath him once or twice a week (gasp) - i do flannel wash him a couple of times a day, but he's still not overly keen on proper baths, so again, dont see the point in turning it into a battle.

He sleeps in our arms, we rock him to sleep and he falls asleep on the bottle.

We have no schedule or routine as such, and LO eats when and how much he wants, when he wants, and the same with sleep. But i know we're very lucky because he figured out that night time was sleep time and got into a rough schedule in the day without any effort on our part.

He's had a dummy from a few days old - minutes after he was born his fingers were in his mouth, and they stayed there, he needed lots of sucking time so we got him a dummy.

We dont get him weighed unless we need to (for a doctors appointment or something). He's 18 weeks old and in 9-12 month clothing, im pretty sure he's growing fine :)

And also, i dont seem to dress my LO in as many layers as everyone else i see...

I also forgot to add that I have a TT bottle warmer on my bedside cabinet and bring his bottles up so I don't even have to get out of bed to warm his milk as he is still in his Moses basket which is pushed up to my bed!! But he hates tummy time so never do it, he will literally scream like a banshee!! And he also hates dummies? Tried them from little and have 3 different sorts but he gags on them so he sucks his fingers instead. Also his bottles r made up and left in the fridge and then Warmed as needed. I tell u what it's amazing how these babies manage to thrive so beautifully? I mean the HV's would have a shit fit if they realized that us mummies can do just fine without their expert 'knowledge!'
I say knowledge very very loosely! I posted in in April and may mummies the other day that a health visitor at the weighing center nearly had an actual heart attack the other day when I told her that jack has been having a reduced sugar rusk every evening with a little of his milk! She called me irresponsible and stupid for starting to wean him so early!! Angry doesn't even come close to how I felt. The fact that jack was drinking 18oz of milk in 5 hrs. Then wanting another 6oz 3 hrs later was irrelevant apparently. Anyway I'll stop moaning about stupid HV now!! Xxxx

Last edited:
I also forgot to add that I have a TT bottle warmer on my bedside cabinet and bring his bottles up so I don't even have to get out of bed to warm his milk as he is still in his Moses basket which is pushed up to my bed!! But he hates tummy time so never do it, he will literally scream like a banshee!! And he also hates dummies? Tried them from little and have 3 different sorts but he gags on them so he sucks his fingers instead. Also his bottles r made up and left in the fridge and then Warmed as needed. I tell u what it's amazing how these babies manage to thrive so beautifully? I mean the HV's would have a shit fit if they realized that us mummies can do just fine without their expert 'knowledge!'
I say knowledge very very loosely! I posted in in April and may mummies the other day that a health visitor at the weighing center nearly had an actual heart attack the other day when I told her that jack has been having a reduced sugar rusk every evening with a little of his milk! She called me irresponsible and stupid for starting to wean him so early!! Angry doesn't even come close to how I felt. The fact that jack was drinking 18oz of milk in 5 hrs. Then wanting another 6oz 3 hrs later was irrelevant apparently. Anyway I'll stop moaning about stupid HV now!! Xxxx

SOD the HVs!! He is doing fab!! Xxx

With Alice she liked her milk room temperature with temperance i was going to warm --- until she went into neo natal where they give the milk at room temperature anyway! So there was no point starting after she was happy to take it cool. saved me a lot of hasstle x

Question ladies!!

For anyone that has babies that fell asleep half way thru bottle.. How long would u leave it before tipping it away? Noahs woke up within the hr n ive let him finish it off. Is that ok?! Or would it of gone minging by then!??

I think they say two hours as long as you give it a good shake it's fine :)

My lovely little man Spencer 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Yeh its a couple hours but the cartons or bottles of pre made milk can stay in the fridge for 24 hours?? Why is it different for that formula to the powder mixed - its all confusing! xx

Question ladies!!

For anyone that has babies that fell asleep half way thru bottle.. How long would u leave it before tipping it away? Noahs woke up within the hr n ive let him finish it off. Is that ok?! Or would it of gone minging by then!??

Perhaps another bad mummy comment :shock: but I wake JJ up if he falls asleep on the bottle - usually using a piece of damp cotton wool...I clean the milk from around his chops and he wakes to continue feeding!

During the day, I make sure he takes at least 5oz of his bottle or it messes his feeding routine up - and DH always makes sure he has at least 7oz of his bedtime bottle, otherwise he will wake for a night feed. xx

Yeh i thought it was 2hrs like it says on the tub but yet again stupid hv said half gr to hr max!! Grrrr lol xx

I believe its 2 hours but i wouldnt risk it in hot weather like we had for example. I always made up formula with hot water though when he was little as i didnt want to risk it. I stopped sterilising bottles at 8 months when.we went to see my parents, just washed in really hot soapy water and air dried.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back