Sorry, another reusable nappy question!!

drea b

Reaction score
Just started using my reusable nappies on LO after using the vast supply of pampers that my MIL bought us. There really good so far and haven't leaked but I do find them bulky to the pointwhere I struggle to get any babygrows on her :roll:

What do the expert recommend as a slim fitting one - these ones are fine for when we are just at home but really would like to be able to get some clothes on her when we are out and about :D

What type are you using?

Shaped nappies seem to be the least bulky but tbh most regular shop clothes are made for babies who wear disposables :(

I find I either have to buy the next size up or you can try http://www.welovefrugi.com/ they do clothes especially for cloth bums (the cut is much more generous) but they are quite pricey :D

Hi drea,

This used to be a big problem for me too - clicky, I posted that when DD was 5 weeks old.

The advice given in that post is great, however I haven't had an issue with this since DD was about 3 months - I think when the baby gets bigger, the ratio of nappy to baby is less (does that make sense?) so the clothes fit over the baby's bum absolutley fine.

The only sets of trousers I have issue with now and can just squeeze DD into in 6-12m size (she's 10 months and she's quite small for her age at not quite 18lbs) are Baby Gap, M&S and MiniMode (Boots) - they are all really slim fitting and a small make of clothes I find. Next, John Lewis, Debenhams, Mothercare are all fine and a good fit.

So, in my experience, you may have to move her up to 3-6m trousers, knickers etc sooner (but as its the summer you can put her in lots of dresses/skirts and tights anyway) but this won't be a big issue for long, for us some trousers are a bit tight now, but are still fine and wearable.

Valentine Xxx

you can get cut for cloth clothes.. but as you lo is a girl as valentine said..girls are easier due to dresses.. if you love jeans and trousers then just get a size bigger and hand hem them up if you dont have a sewing machine.. i know that dress makers hem things for a small fee..

anyway.. i agree a lot of people like the pocket style nappies ive never got on with them, edwards quite a heavy wetter and i perfure the shapped nappies better with a cover over the top. im a masive fan of wool as it keeps LO warm in winter and cool in summer (did you know that in the desert the arabians wear wool to keep cool) http://www.wool.com.au/Publications/Bey ... _8116.aspx

i know it sounds crazy but because its natural and its breathable it keeps lo cool.. so your lo could get a pair of pink shorts, or even a skirt in wool which doubles up as a cover and a clothing item..

the slimmest nappies ive found are ellas house.. but tbh they only last about half hr with my lo.. then hes soaked to leaking point.. sio i perfure a shapped nappy with a booster.xx

lisa&alex said:
but tbh they only last about half hr with my lo.. then hes soaked to leaking point.. sio i perfure a shapped nappy with a booster.xx

Yup..I asked my nappy lady about anything slimmer than the bamboozle-alikes we're using and she said that when you get slimmer you lose absorbancy. I love my shaped nappies but we always have to use a booster - just gone onto the size 2 nappies though which have the booster already sewn in, making life much easier!

i think teds will need 2 boosters for night now.. he wets sooo much..but i guess 2 boosters dry quicker than a thicker nappy anyway

il post a pic of teds in his wool shorts now coz he has them on today i love them soo much

they are big on him right now but still love them to bits lol

101_0384.jpg

Anyone tried the new Tots Bots Flexitot? It's supposed to be slimmer but just as absorbent. I've been meaning to go to my local real nappy place and get one to try but haven't had the chance.

PS Lisa thanks for the pink nappy I ordered, it's amazing - faaaaaaar too cute!

I've just ordered a flexitot Lorna so I'll let u know ;)

I find my nappies are ok - his clothes fit fine.

oooh lorna it was yoooooo!! if i had know i would have chucked a freebee in :( was gonna email u asking if u wanted a carsign :( has she got it on yet.. would b lush to see her in it lol!! have you used cloth wipes? if you havent il knock you some up with the matching material for free as ive got a little of the material left.. gutted u didnt pm me and say it was you :(

lisa&alex said:
oooh lorna it was yoooooo!! if i had know i would have chucked a freebee in :( was gonna email u asking if u wanted a carsign :( has she got it on yet.. would b lush to see her in it lol!! have you used cloth wipes? if you havent il knock you some up with the matching material for free as ive got a little of the material left.. gutted u didnt pm me and say it was you :(

No worries Mrs I've just stuck it in the wash so will promise to take a picture of her butt when it's on. :lol: I just love it love it love it! Add to that my Gran is called Lottie (Charlotte) and that's Becky's middle name :lol: . STILL waiting for some nappies I ordered on ebay to arrive and getting more and more irked by the day. :evil:

theres bn some problems with post the last few days.. ive sent off solicitors stuff and it hasnt got there yet..hope they get to you soon..im addicted to makeing the nappies now. im looking for new funky material allll the time!! and its costing a fortune lol

thanks for all the advise. Hopefully the weather will stay good and she can wear one of the several hundred dresses that people have bought for her. I swear she has a bigger wardrobe than me :roll: :lol:

Lisa - I am just away to check out your site :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back