Baby 'Expert' DON'TS that you DO!!

Me and Spencer watch Jeremy Kyle every morning and he giggles the entire time!

My lovely little man Spencer 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

we watch Jeremy Kyle everyday, I say we but Ruby's not bothered by it at all, mostly she naps through the good bits!

Alice used to fall asleep to it so we had jezza kyle nap time lol, tempy loves all tv except game shows and black and white films! x

Oooohhh I'm in the bad mummy club!

I let B eat everything except nuts - that includes some of my McDonald's chips!
I've co slept and loved it.
I stopped sterilising at 5 months.
We weaned early - although I don't class it as early as it was what B wanted and needed.
I sit him in front of peppa pig so I can have 5 minutes on my ipad!
I enjoy spoiling my son so much that people roll their eyes at me when they see him in designer gear.

Jack has eating issues due to a partial tongue tie and i clapped and cheered the first time he ate a chip in mcdonalds! He was 18 months. People must've thought i was mental! lol. It was a huge deal though as he can't eat most food whole x

Right story time.

My brother in law and his fiance were on holiday last year with their daughter who was then one, they went to McDonald's for a treat. A complete stranger walked by and said "that's some great parenting there".
The same fiance and me were in a cafe when her daughter was two months old and she had av a lying across her knees rubbing her back, some women were commenting on "the way she's holding that wean"
I was once told I kiss my daughter too much (her cheeks are just to chubby and cute)
My cousin in law lifted hee baby in asda because she was going to start screaming and a stranger told her she was going to spoil her.

Why do people feel the need to pass comments to complete strangers.

we watch Jeremy Kyle everyday, I say we but Ruby's not bothered by it at all, mostly she naps through the good bits!
Oh moans if I watch my own stuff when she is there. It should be Tele for her x

people are best at passing judgment when they don't have a clue, Mcdonalds is the devil but they would happily see you at a café feeding them deep fried nuggets! x

Trey just LOVES to watch "the real housewives of . . . " just like his mummy lol!

I pre make 2-3 bottles at a time with formula and pop them in the fridge until we need them. I use fresh boiled water 99% time as I always forget whether or not it's been 30 mins and have to start all over again.

I don't bath T every day. If we're having a pyjama day he'll just have his wash in the morning and I'll just wipe down his hands and face before bedtime.

I'm getting some great tips of you girls, this thread is amazing!

Xxxxxxxx

Oh moans if I watch my own stuff when she is there. It should be Tele for her x

I tell oh off for letting her watch tv, but that's cos he gets distracted and then doesn't notice when she needs changing/feeding/putting to sleep/has thrown up/etc

God I get so fed up of other people's comments. Are you their mum? Do you know them best? No, didn't think so, that's ME not YOU, so butt out!! Winds me up lol!

My OH always turns over the channel to sky sports when he's got James. I go mad cause he doesn't watch James then cause he's too busy watching the telly!

I gave my baby a tiny piece of kinder egg to see if she liked anything other than breastmilk. She didn't.

I gave my baby a tiny piece of kinder egg to see if she liked anything other than breastmilk. She didn't.

Do you know how sweet BM is? I was very surprised. No wonder they like it so much.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I cannot bring myself to taste it as I hate milk of all kinds but my mum has assured me its very sweet. She just doesn't like anything that isn't my boob - even ebm in a bottle!

My midwife was horrified when I told her I'd moved Harry into his own room when he was 6 weeks old. She actually said "you do realise your meant to wait till he's 6 months at least?!" It was the best thing we ever done moving him that early. He wouldn't settle in anything other than his cot, and apart from that both him & me are such light sleepers that we were waking each other up at the slightest thing so once we moved him we all got a better sleep!

At the end of the day we all do what we can to look after our kids and be the best mummies we can, and sometimes all this stupid advice just doesn't allow for that xx

I just tasted a drop and its very sweet and unlike cows milk at all. I imagine it would be very nice in a coffee lol.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Oh yes - we moved JJ into his own cot and room at 8 weeks too. Best thing we ever did as he has slept through from 9.30pm - 06.00am 99% of the time (I can recall 4 or 5 nights where he had a blip!) :) xx

I don't know how are those experts you think of as for sure they can't know my baby better than I do and for sure I wouldn't do anything to harm her...
But there it goes...

I always put her to sleep on her side. For me vomit aspiration hazard is more probable than SIDS.
She slept in her own room from day 1.
I never followed the 1 h after they taste their milk or 2 h in room temperature. I used the milk during 3 hours always.
I stopped sterilizing bottles at 4 m
I stopped boiling water for formula or giving her cooled boiled water at 6 m
I put cereal in her bottle beginning with 5 m to mask the formula taste as otherwise she wouldn't drink it
She tried until now almost everything including mc Donald fish sticks and chips with no salt, shop made pizza and hot curry jar sauce.
I never dressed her in baby gros...not even as a newborn. She always had a vest and pants
I bath her every other day
I used baby wipes and shampoo etc from day 0. Actually the hospital told me to go ahead as she will be fine.
I never used the shoulder straps in her stroller
I don't strap her down in her highchair
Se had a pacifier at 3 h old as she screamed the hospital down for 3 h solid...
I rocked her to sleep until 6 m old
I let her nap in her car loads of times when nth else worked and that was quite often lol
I made 3-4 milk feeds ahead at the early days
She has her own iPad (an old one if mine) loads with baby applications and she loves it.
She has an amber necklace on all the time including the night.
I have cot numbers
There are loose blankets in her cot
She had a baby safe pillow from day 0 in her cot to choose if she used it or not, some times she does sometimes she dosent.
She had runny eggs since 7 m old
She has her bath at 39-40 degrees anything less and she is shivering
She is well over the recommendations. Dressed suing the night. She just like it warm and if I am freezing with one blanket certainly she does too,,,
I better stop now...

Hahahaha Hope, "I better stop now" Don't worry!! That's the point of this thread. Looks like we are the normal ones who follow our instincts and lead by our children rather than what we're told to do. It has already been said, but every baby is an individual, just like us, so why should they conform to exactly the same set of rules?? We've produced beautiful babies, not clones! Don't get me wrong, some of the advice is very sensible and I do follow it, but there are some that I vary or have ignored.

Least we can't moan that there's not enough information as there is plenty, just a lot is conflicting. I guess if we follow our common sense and our instincts, we can't go far wrong!

Let's hope social services don't see this thread or the forum won't have many members left... we'll be in jail for child abuse!

I echo what everyone else says, we know our babies best and we know what to do for them, we don't need professionals to tell us how to raise a child x

My lovely little man Spencer 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back