night sleeping

aliciabubba

Reaction score
i need some advice.......

Since last Friday Ralph has seemed to fall asleep around 7ish at night and wake around 11pm. I feed him when he wakes, but then takes a while to put him back to sleep again!Like his back down around 1am!! Do you think i should not let him sleep that long and get him up for a feed etc halfway through? Im so confused :wall2:

Personally I have never woken Bertie for a feed. He is more than capable of letting me and half the street know he is hungry lol. Ralph will just be figuring out his own routine and that night time is not play time lol. It took Albert about 4 weeks to settle straight back down after night feeds but he managed it in the end, just keep any stimulation down to a minimum and stay calm xxxxxxxx

hey hunny

i know hpw you feel as alfie was a bit of nighmare after feeding at 10 and not settling til 1 in the morning but it does eventually get easier, personally i would'nt wake him in between but he shoud eventually settle into a routine alfie is 5 weeks fri and this las week he had last feeds at 7.30 and sleeping through til 3-4 and going straight back down til 7

i agree with BB keep everything to a minimum i have a dimmer in bedroom so only feed with lights low, no interaction just silence and only change nappie if pooed and he goes down fine have you tried swaddling/sleepin bag to see if that makes a diffence as going down in the crib/cot when its cold may be waking him up

:hugs:xxx

Totally agree with the cold cot/basket. If Albert's gets cold it's like I'm putting him in a vat of acid lol. I used to put a basket duvet in when I take him out to keep it warm and then took it out when he went back in

When they are very little they do have a bit of day and night confusion. Like the others said keep feed time dark and low key, and I found E settled much better when her basket was warm- I used to pop a hot water bottle in while feeding her so it was warm when she went back.

When they are very little they do have a bit of day and night confusion. Like the others said keep feed time dark and low key, and I found E settled much better when her basket was warm- I used to pop a hot water bottle in while feeding her so it was warm when she went back.

I dunno about you helly but when I am in my 80s Albert is so going to pay for all of this :D

ha ha!! I'm going to have loads of kids and put them all out to work so I can have a lavish lifestyle paid for by them!! Like a mafiosa mama!!!

no he doesn't seem he likes swaddling, but I def need to get a sleeping bag!!!

Thanks so so much for the advice girls!! Don't know where id be without everyone on here!! xx

Hey Hun , personally I would not wake a sleeping baby but that's just my opinion x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back