Why do I do it

littlemuffin

Reaction score
Why do I read a certain cHild experts book.
It has now made me feel that Macy should be going to bed at 7 and sleeping through until 7.

Macy is an amazing sleeper and we can put her down between 8 and 9 and she will sleep through until 6.

But Ive gone and read the damn book and today tried the routine. I know it would take days to get it to work but right now Macy was just looking up a me from her cot smiling away. So there is no point in her being in there if she is not asleep or she won't understand that she is meant to sleep in the cot not play. She is now in her swinging chair, playing with her bears.

I just have to say to myself, not every baby is the same. We have a good routine and it will fit ok when she comes to eating.

Because I refuse to read books everytime E does something new I'm like "should she be doing this??!" lol!!!

Pah ignore it! Load of old coot! If you are happy and your baby is happy with the routine I wouldn't worry

If you have a good routine already there isn't any point in trying out what some child expert says. All babies are different and yours sounds great for sleeping. Wish my son slept from 9-6 lol

^^^ WSS - 7-7 - i blooody well wish - G is currently lying on her mat at my feet playing with her toes - no chance in hell she's going to sleep now!! - and she's still up twice most nights!!

xxx

lol Alyssa is usually down by 9pm and sleeps til 7 ish with 1 wake up for a feed at most. i count myself very very lucky

She has just gone down after screaming for an hour. My DH is not happy asa he knows it due to the book, I think he is going to burn it.

We are going back to the old way tomorrow - the Macy way.

Josh tends to be in bed about 8 and wakes just before 6. No baby is text book. Each has it's own routine. Do the routine that's right for you. Happy baby and happy mummy is what's most important. I have never read a baby book once since the arrival of josh. If I have a concern, I come on here and ask. Or failing that, I ask a HV. I know books can sometimes be a god send to some mummies. But if your routine is working for you, why rock the boat and change it?xx

I only read the books if i need to know something specific other than that i steer clear

yeah if your routine works for you then dont worry about it being the same as others or books. only change things if theyre not working for you

I've been exactly the same!! Thinking he should be asleep 7-7, and it was the book that started it for me!! I should take a leaf from your book and just chill! Xx

K only started sleeping 7-7 (with 3 feeds in between) at 20 weeks, and she did it on her own.i have no idea how people get their baby to sleep if they aren't tired. I wouldn't worry about the books. Xx

This was Sophie tonight

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341783453.286866.jpg

I feel like she will never sleep through tbh :( the only thing that keeps me going at night is having a sleep with her during the day.

It did really make me laugh I have to admit. She didn't realise I was sat there at first and was attacking the attachment of her mobile lol x

My little boy has always bin a good sleep goes down at 6pm and doesn't wake til 10-11am, all babies are different! I wouldn't worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back