*** August 2021 Mums ***

Anna@work

Reaction score
I thought I would get this thread started! Please let me know when your due date it and I’ll add you on!

I can’t believe I am back on here exactly two years later! EDD is my DD’s Birthday

7 mcast126 :yellow:
15 - AriesMummy91 :yellow:
17 - Maddie98 :yellow:
19 - Anna@work :yellow:
21 - Simona :yellow:
26 - sparks31211 :yellow:
30 BabyLove2016 :yellow:

here’s to a happy, healthy 9 months!! Xx

Last edited:
Congratulations, Anna!

Hi! My name is Elizabeth. I’m new here. I’m 35. Almost two years ago DH and I gave up TTC after almost 8 years. We were told we had less than a 1% chance of conceiving naturally. We had a few failed IUIs and many monitored and medicated cycles. Nothing worked. I never saw a BFP, not even the faintest of lines. We decided IVF wasn’t for us. So we grieved the loss of what was not to be and decided to move on with our lives as a family of two and a fur baby (see profile pic).

Well... on Wednesday (12/9) I noticed AF was late. Only a day, but still. Late. So on a whim, I dug out an HPT from my old stash and took a test. And to my complete and utter surprise, it was clearly positive. So, of course I went out and bought more.

My estimated due date is August 16th. I’m sooo nervous to even say that though because I am still in denial that this is real and am so anxious that something will go wrong!

9930500C-DEF4-4281-8F6E-9BBE9020512E.jpeg

Last edited:
Congratulations, Anna!

Hi! My name is Elizabeth. I’m new here. I’m 35. Almost two years ago DH and I gave up TTC after almost 8 years. We were told we had less than a 1% chance of conceiving naturally. We had a few failed IUIs and many monitored and medicated cycles. Nothing worked. I never saw a BFP, not even the faintest of lines. We decided IVF wasn’t for us. So we grieved the loss of what was not to be and decided to move on with our lives as a family of two and a fur baby (see profile pic).

Well... on Thursday (12/9) I noticed AF was late. Only a day, but still. Late. So on a whim, I dug out an HPT from my old stash and took a test. And to my complete and utter surprise, it was clearly positive. So, of course I went out and bought more.

My estimated due date is August 16th. I’m sooo nervous to even say that though because I am still in denial that this is real and am so anxious that something will go wrong!

View attachment 91876
This is SUCH A fab story!!!

I can completely imagine your surprise and to be fair even I am in complete denial

my first is born in august 16th and I’ll be due august 17th with this one! Hope this little baby doesn’t steal her birthday !!
Huge congratulations and welcome to the forum.
I hope some other lucky ladies will join us in here soon. I did find it so helpful last time around !

This is SUCH A fab story!!!

I can completely imagine your surprise and to be fair even I am in complete denial

my first is born in august 16th and I’ll be due august 17th with this one! Hope this little baby doesn’t steal her birthday !!
Huge congratulations and welcome to the forum.
I hope some other lucky ladies will join us in here soon. I did find it so helpful last time around !

Wow! What a coincidence! I hope your LOs each get their own unique day.

I’m so glad to have found this forum. I need some ladies to talk to, especially since I have opted not to tell anyone yet!

One thing that is freaking me out right now is my lack of symptoms. Do you have any symptoms yet?

Omg @QuackQuack what an incredible story! There’s a lady here who was TTC 10 years and got her surprise BFP too, she must be halfway by now... such a beautiful magical thing when that happens. No symptoms is very normal.

Congratulations everyone!

Wow! What a coincidence! I hope your LOs each get their own unique day.

I’m so glad to have found this forum. I need some ladies to talk to, especially since I have opted not to tell anyone yet!

One thing that is freaking me out right now is my lack of symptoms. Do you have any symptoms yet?

most women don’t have any symptoms this early on :)
I’ve been extremely symptomatic for both my previous pregnancies.... I get awfully nauseous, never committing. And very light headed ...

So I know I have symptoms as in if I have a big ish meal i feel a bit nauseous but nothing extreme yet. I know for certain it will kick in just after Christmas as it’s exactly what happened last time

not looking forward to it but I chose to have a baby .....

most women don’t have any symptoms this early on :)
I’ve been extremely symptomatic for both my previous pregnancies.... I get awfully nauseous, never committing. And very light headed ...

So I know I have symptoms as in if I have a big ish meal i feel a bit nauseous but nothing extreme yet. I know for certain it will kick in just after Christmas as it’s exactly what happened last time

not looking forward to it but I chose to have a baby .....

That makes me feel better. It’s so hard not to over analyze everything! Right now I would welcome symptoms.... I may regret saying that later!

I had blood work done at 4+3 and got the results today. Hcg 428 and progesterone 22. They scheduled me for a sonogram on Friday because I’m high risk. I wish they would do a second blood draw before then to know if hcg is doubling. Patience is not my best virtue.

Last edited:
I am so so impatient...
no blood tests here and no scans until at least 12weeks....
and I previously miscarried so it’s always somewhere in my mind !!
Counting the days !!

exciting for scan for you ! I bet you can’t wait to be Friday now !!

New here but thought I’d join for a little bit of reassurance and talk to people who are in the same boat!

5 weeks today, due 17th Aug 2021

I am 22, I had a positive test Sunday morning, have done one every morning since and the line is getting darker each day!

I haven’t had what symptoms I thought I would have, in fact I had no idea this month would be the month! I have very slightly tender breasts, I’ve had a few period like cramps, pressure and a few niggly feelings in the pelvic area but that’s about it!
I have registered online for my first midwife appointment at 8 weeks, don’t know if I can wait that long im also struggling to believe it’s true!!! good luck to you all, amazing we are all the same dates nearly

New here but thought I’d join for a little bit of reassurance and talk to people who are in the same boat!

I am 22, I had a positive test Sunday morning, have done one every morning since and the line is getting darker each day!

I haven’t had what symptoms I thought I would have, in fact I had no idea this month would be the month! I have very slightly tender breasts, I’ve had a few period like cramps, pressure and a few niggly feelings in the pelvic area but that’s about it!
I have registered online for my first midwife appointment at 8 weeks, don’t know if I can wait that long im also struggling to believe it’s true!!! good luck to you all, amazing we are all the same dates nearly

Congratulations, Maddie!

Waiting is so hard! And I can totally relate to that unbelievable and surreal feeling. I’m glad to have this forum to talk to others, too!

Congratulations Maddie !! :)
I have added your due date to the list! fingers crossed this is the one.
the wait is awful isn’t it ?! I find the first trimester the hardest in all possible ways.... including of having to wait for so long for everything to be confirmed !

Will it be your first baby ? :)

Congratulations Maddie !! :)
I have added your due date to the list! fingers crossed this is the one.
the wait is awful isn’t it ?! I find the first trimester the hardest in all possible ways.... including of having to wait for so long for everything to be confirmed !

Will it be your first baby ? :)

yea it will be our first! Very nerve wracking and can’t stop doing tests!! Fingers crossed all stays ok! Exited for what’s to come

what sort of symptoms have you had so far? Like I said I have very few at this point.

I just feel tense... and a little nauseous after some meals nothing extreme yet but I am guessing it will start soon. two years ago I did my last shift at work (I am a nurse) day after Boxing Day... then I was off sick until mid February with morning sickness.....
I already have little moments where I am light headed so I guess as my HCG levels increase it will just get worse
As you can tell I don’t have much hope of having a zero symptoms type pregnancy !!!

I just feel tense... and a little nauseous after some meals nothing extreme yet but I am guessing it will start soon. two years ago I did my last shift at work (I am a nurse) day after Boxing Day... then I was off sick until mid February with morning sickness.....
I already have little moments where I am light headed so I guess as my HCG levels increase it will just get worse
As you can tell I don’t have much hope of having a zero symptoms type pregnancy !!!
I get what you mean. I’m also very tense and worried!
I’ve mostly just had mild period cramps, sometimes quite strong but not too bad, and mostly on an evening, I have been dry up until now but today after some cramps noticed a lot more cream my cm..
just have to keep telling myself as long as no serious pain or bleeding all should be ok fingers crossed!
Wow you really didn’t have it good first time around.. I hope you have an easier ride this time!

I get what you mean. I’m also very tense and worried!
I’ve mostly just had mild period cramps, sometimes quite strong but not too bad, and mostly on an evening, I have been dry up until now but today after some cramps noticed a lot more cream my cm..
just have to keep telling myself as long as no serious pain or bleeding all should be ok fingers crossed!
Wow you really didn’t have it good first time around.. I hope you have an easier ride this time!
Same I get cramping and it’s so so hard to relax... although I remember having really bad cramping with my daughter as I remember telling the midwife for quite a while !!!
i have been pregnant before having her (and had a MMC) and was just as sick.... so I just think I am one of those who’ll just have it bad for a few months
At least it went at about 15 weeks last time so fingers crossed I won’t have it as long this time !

I think cramps is totally normal from what I’ve read, I hope you don’t get it too bad xxx

I had my first scan this morning. The technician found a gestational sac in my uterus measuring 5+2. Right on track! There was no visible yolk sac, though, which has me worried. According to my doctor, that’s normal, though. I was hoping to see more to boost my confidence that this is a viable pregnancy, but I didn’t get that, and I’m disappointed. Next scan is January 4th.

Last edited:
I had my first scan this morning. The technician found a gestational sac in my uterus measuring 5+2. Right on track! There was no visible yolk sac, though, which has me worried. According to my doctor, that’s normal, though. I was hoping to see more to boost my confidence that this is a viable pregnancy, but I didn’t get that, and I’m disappointed. Next scan is January 4th.
That’s amazing news, the doctor seems happy so you should be too! Don’t feel disappointed, I would be reassured by that, remember you are still very early on so maybe the yolk sak won’t be visible yet, did you get a heart beat or not quite yet? Xx

Hi everyone! And congratulations to you :) I was hoping I could get some advice. I'm 25 years old and suffered a miscarriage in March after finding out baby stop growing at 4 -5 weeks at my 7 week scan. Ive just found out that I'm pregnant again (unplanned) I tested positive at 3 weeks 6days. I'm now at 4 weeks 4 days. But I'm struggling to feel happy. Reasons being obviously im scared that I'm just going to lose another pregnancy & also when I broke the news the first time to my mum and step dad the initial response was so horrible that I have severe anxiety about telling them again even though after a few days they came round.. I just dont want to go through all the shoiting and fighting again especially if I'm to lose the baby again. But it's really affecting me not being able to tell them. I've decided to not mention anything until I've had my first scan & know if everything's ok or not. I'm really fighting myself, my partner knows this but I'm was hoping I could get some advice from you guys :/
Thank you

That’s amazing news, the doctor seems happy so you should be too! Don’t feel disappointed, I would be reassured by that, remember you are still very early on so maybe the yolk sak won’t be visible yet, did you get a heart beat or not quite yet? Xx

Thank you for the encouragement. I’m trying to focus on what my doctor said. I also need to stay off of Google! It doesn’t help. No heartbeat yet; that won’t come until after the yolk sac and fetal pole develop. If all goes as it should, I will see it on the next scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back